+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
tozo said:
well ok welcome to the thread,i will try and answer your questions.
1.well if your owp expires you can still send in application and you will be on an implied status and depending on the country your from you should have applied for the renewal of your owp 30days before its expires but as it now you may get your owp after AIP.
2. The receipt have a reference number...quote the reference number and write a note explaining and the current address and a copy of receipt attached to it and the IO will look at that and as far as its the correct fees its ok....no need to pay another fees...all the best and hope its heps you.
thanks much tozo!!

I just sent my application earlier and I have the tracking number with me they said Vegreville will going to receive it on Tuesday.. ;D About the receipt my lawyer phoned cic about the mistake and they said it is ok as long as I paid the right amount of fee.. I got another question though:

1.what do you mean by your number 1 answer on my post above? (about the OWP 'coz I appliead for an owp and I submit it with my spousal sponsorship app just today)

I dont have a police clearance on my application 'coz I wasnt able to get it on time but I wrote a note about it that I will submit it as soon as I get it and I include that note on my application too.

2.what if I already got my police clearance when and where should I submit it??

thanks thanks thanks muchhhh! :D :D :D
my counting is about to begin.. ;D

nithin700

Dec 1, 2011
Hello All,

Can anyone please help me on this?. I am an IT professional with over 6 years of experience and now I got an offer from one of the employer in Quebec. They said that will take care of the complete process and the first step is to request for LMO and CAQ. Can anyone know how long it will take to get a positive or negative reply on the LMO and CAQ. The application has been submitted by the Quebec employer on May 28th 2012. If we get a +ve reply what is the next process.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
nithin700 said:
Hello All,

Can anyone please help me on this?. I am an IT professional with over 6 years of experience and now I got an offer from one of the employer in Quebec. They said that will take care of the complete process and the first step is to request for LMO and CAQ. Can anyone know how long it will take to get a positive or negative reply on the LMO and CAQ. The application has been submitted by the Quebec employer on May 28th 2012. If we get a +ve reply what is the next process.
you are in the wrong place! this is for family - spouse sponsorship...

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
Cililoca, your are so close to the 11months timeline. Good luck!!

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
received an email from cic informing they've received our application and started processing on june 26

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
nithin700 said:
Hello All,

the next step is applying for your work permit

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Sent in october 2012 along w police cert
Interview........
we were asked for another police cert sept 2013
Passport Req..
they received new police cert nov 2013
mdna said:
received an email from cic informing they've received our application and started processing on june 26
mdna said:
Are people receving a regular letter or emails??

yankanuck

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
We have still not received anything saying that our application is in process. It only says it has been received on January 17th. Do you think I should call in? I see some of the others who applied around the same time saying that their application is in process.

Kim

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
yankanuck said:
Hi All,
We have still not received anything saying that our application is in process. It only says it has been received on January 17th. Do you think I should call in? I see some of the others who applied around the same time saying that their application is in process.

Kim

are you checking ecas using the sponsor's or the principal applicant's info?

Jul 4, 2012
I posted this in another thread but thought maybe it would be more helpful to me posting it here, thanks for any and all help! I came here to visit my canadian husband of 5 years from the states and now I want to stay. I came with just my passport. Is there a certain length of time I can stay before applying? I don't have a date written in my passport,just the stamp from when I arrived. I'm also confused about the fees, do we have to pay 475$ principal plus 75$ sponsor or what? Also how do I go about getting my FBI check and Medical check?? I know its alot of questions in one post but DANG I'm confused as heck! Any help is appreciated including links to other posts that may help me.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
mi_illusion_st said:
I posted this in another thread but thought maybe it would be more helpful to me posting it here, thanks for any and all help! I came here to visit my canadian husband of 5 years from the states and now I want to stay. I came with just my passport. Is there a certain length of time I can stay before applying? I don't have a date written in my passport,just the stamp from when I arrived. I'm also confused about the fees, do we have to pay 475$ principal plus 75$ sponsor or what? Also how do I go about getting my FBI check and Medical check?? I know its alot of questions in one post but DANG I'm confused as heck! Any help is appreciated including links to other posts that may help me.
The police check is different for every country. If you follow the directions for the US it should guide you in the steps you need to take to get your police background check. With the medical exam i've noticed people have done it differently. I did mine before sending in the application so that everything was sent together. But i read in other posts people who wait for the CIC to ask them for it. The medical exam is only valid for a year i think. And i don't know how other people did it, but i paid the full $550 and sent the receipt in with my application package.

hope i was helpful.

Good luck!

sommer

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2012
Perhaps this will help you to get your FBI check: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

I got my finger prints taken here at the local Police station, I had to pay 60$ for the service. Then I send the fingerprints to my homecountry police dept.

If I am not mistaken, you can stay for 6 months in a year calendar. It starts since you get your arrival stamp. If you want to stay longer, they recomend you to get a visa extension. The border guys will calculate how many days you spent inside Canada. If you exceed the 6 months, you have to wait another 6 months outside Canada before you can enter again. (please correct me if i am wrong :) )

I did my medical here in Canada. If you are going to have your medical, make sure its the designated practitioner (doctor). It is very easy when I did mine, I just have to go there and have my medical exams done, then all the results and everything will be sent rightaway by the doctor himself (dont worry, you will be informed about the result before they send it away :) ). I find this very helpful.

I paid $550, I filed my paper under Spouse Clause, but they said you can pay it one at a time. First pay for the sponsor 75$ then after sponsor being proccessed and you can proceed to the next process which is the principal (I assumed this means us, the applicant) process, you pay the rest 475$. I`d suggest to pay it all at once if possible. If you apply for yourself without including anyone as your sponsor, you pay 550$.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#permanent

This permanent resident application process does confusing, can be complicated and surely takes a very long time. Share your questions or infos in this forum!! :)