20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nervousme said:
Thursday we have our " interview " at the Edmonton office.
I think this may be the end finally!
Does anyone know what they will ask us?
Any advice ? Thursday can't come soon enough.
The usual questions are as followed:

Do you have any children not declared on COPR?
Have you been convicted in Canada?
Have you been denied entry to Canada or any other country?

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi Annabell..
The total is 27 months and I think you will get a good news soon because you are in 2 stage. I thought that you got PR already because I didn't see any news from you . I was wrong...
Please remember checking your email and voice mail every day .

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Annabell. .. you should call the call center now because you have already been waiting 28 months.

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
I have called them Sunsun, I actually call most weeks so I don't miss anything as I've seen others not get informed of things or get a landing meeting really quickly. The call centre agents either apologize and say they hope it will be soon as I've waited so long or they rudely/aggressively tell me to learn patience!

They now tell me I cannot get them to take action until July 21, 2015 at the earliest, as this is 6 months after the last review date they had set on my file. They look at the file, claim something is not there and then set another date 6 months away and have been doing this since I started stage 2. They even told Chris Alexander's office I had no background checks in at the start of October when they had had them all since June. Then I was told it was my fault it was delayed as I allowed my medical to run out.

I have no obvious things that should delay it; no dependants, married to a Canadian with no queries over our relationship, come from a Commonwealth country, background checks are clear, medical is clear, they had everything last June yet still no decision. Mine is still in Vegreville, they said the agent dealing with it wanted to see it to its completion so didn't transfer it to Mississauga.

I cannot express how disheartening and depressing I find it all now...

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
Don't loose faith. The same thing happened to us and we just got our letter for landing interview for tomorrow. We applied 2 months before you and our file also stayed in Vegreville for the same reasons.
I think the fact that our MP was constantly involved may have helped ( maybe ),
Or the fact that I too called every week. ( that was useless, other than to make me more upset with certain call Center agents ). Same info from them saying in 6 months every so often.
Patients is hard to have when it's taking forever.
But it seems they are starting to finally work on some older cases from what I see posted.
I hope you too will get news soon.

Annabell said:
I have called them Sunsun, I actually call most weeks so I don't miss anything as I've seen others not get informed of things or get a landing meeting really quickly. The call centre agents either apologize and say they hope it will be soon as I've waited so long or they rudely/aggressively tell me to learn patience!

They now tell me I cannot get them to take action until July 21, 2015 at the earliest, as this is 6 months after the last review date they had set on my file. They look at the file, claim something is not there and then set another date 6 months away and have been doing this since I started stage 2. They even told Chris Alexander's office I had no background checks in at the start of October when they had had them all since June. Then I was told it was my fault it was delayed as I allowed my medical to run out.

I have no obvious things that should delay it; no dependants, married to a Canadian with no queries over our relationship, come from a Commonwealth country, background checks are clear, medical is clear, they had everything last June yet still no decision. Mine is still in Vegreville, they said the agent dealing with it wanted to see it to its completion so didn't transfer it to Mississauga.

I cannot express how disheartening and depressing I find it all now...

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
Thanks Nervousme, I had noticed some from September 2012 applicants just getting DM so was getting more hopeful. My MP was a bit useless. Took 2 months each time (3 in total) and he didn't tell me anything I had not told him - word for word.

I'm just hoping DM is before mid-November as I would love to be able to go to my friends wedding as I'm supposed to be doing a reading during the ceremony and it's just not the same through Skype.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@Annabell ....I hope that you will get DM soon... ;)

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
Thank you Sunsun, hopefully...

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 and 08-05-2014
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
Hi Annabell,

I, too, am waiting for DM. Actually, next week I have to go to the US and take my two youngest children (non-accompanying) for their 2nd medical exams, so there is no hope for me getting DM until their results have been submitted and processed again. Also, I sent in a statutory declaration that my 18 year old son will not comply this time and so I am hoping there are no problems with them exempting him from the requirements since I can't force him to do so. They accepted when my oldest daughter refused to comply during the first set of medicals and I sent in a statutory declaration for her.

I applied in March 2012 so there are a few of us still waiting, though not as many as before.

-Brian

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi Brian..
I agree that there are a few of you ( 2012 Applicants ) still waiting so you guys will get good news soon, hopefully before summer. I think that summer processing is a little bit slower based on what happened in summer 2013 .

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi Annabell , i wonder about NOC Code : 0422 , are you a school principal ?
Vancouver Visa Office has long queues , I think that is one of the reasons delaying your application .

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
Sunsun - I was a school principal in the UK but am not over here. I didn't want to continue on that path so did not get certified here. I'm actually working in corporate services for a commercial real estate company in Calgary. My old position should not effect my application at all, in fact it shows I had enhanced security checks in the UK to hold that position which made the long wait for my background checks even more ridiculous.

Brian - I saw you were still waiting too, it's just all so frustrating. I hope it goes well with the medicals and the exemption of your son.

And I too hope it's DM soon as applications do near enough stop getting processed over the Summer!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Ooops sorry,Annabell ....I thought that you were in Vancouver .
You are qualified to apply CEC or maybe PNP and of course spouse sponsorship.... Calgary to Vegreville is not far ( 3 hours and 41 min by car ) and both are in Alberta.
I hope that they don't lost your file.....

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
And we Finley completed the process!
What a relief. Thursday morning my spouse got PR.
It was a looong 30 months. But now it's over. And just in time to as we moved Into to our new house the next day.
New baby, new beginning and new home with PR.
I'm glad we did let the wait take over our lives: it wasn't easy.
To all of you still waiting, good luck! I hope you to will soon feel the weight off of your shoulders.
For those of you who have helped by giving advice and sharing your stories during the wait, I truly would like to thank you as that really helped us cope.
You made the days barable when we were down.
Thanks and good luck!

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 and 08-05-2014
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I just returned at 10pm last night from Pittsburgh where I took my two youngest children for their medicals by a CIC panel physician (18 hours of driving during a 36 hour period). When I returned, I found in my email a letter I received from CIC concerning the son who won't comply this time. I sent a statutory declaration (notarized by a lawyer) on 13 March with all salient points (that he is refusing my offer to have him examined, that he refused, that we both are aware that I cannot sponsor him in the future with the email conversation attached), which is how CIC came to know that he was not willing to comply.

Since they have this statutory declaration in the first place to which their letter was a response, what do they need? They should already have in their possession the statutory declaration which contains everything they are now requesting.

I called the Call Centre this morning, and the agent advised that I use a web form to contact CPC-Vegreville (which I found using Google and didn't know existed before) to get clarification of what they need. I don't know if I should wait for a response which may or may not come, or send the 2nd copy which I had notarized at the same time as the original via registered mail, or edit the original to make the points clearer (it's written in legal language), have that notarized and send that registered, or what? I don't want to wait too long else they will come back and require I get a 3rd medical done (2nd was done in May last year for me so 12 months is coming up soon).