+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

somewhatstressed

Oct 24, 2012
anndreea said:
well, they said I can't apply with COPR because my country of origin is not exempt from visa...that's why..
That's bogus. I'm from a visa exempt country (Australia) and I still have to wait for my card to get a SIN.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I have no idea why the SIN issue is treated so differently from person to person! I was told at landing that I would have to wait for my PR card in order to apply for my SIN. Other immigrants in the French class I'm taking told me this is not the case, and they were right. I took my COPR and passport to a Service Canada office yesterday, and while the woman was a little bit confused in the beginning, I had no trouble getting my SIN. I expect the card in a week or so, but I already have a letter with my SIN listed in it. (In case it matters, I'm American and visa-exempt.)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
When I went to get my temp SIN on Monday, I also asked about getting my permanent one once I land. I told the gentleman there about some folks having issues, and not being able to get one when they landed for whatever reasons. He said, it does not matter if it was an inland application or an outland, so long as you have COPR in hand they will give you a permanent SIN at Service Ontario after you land. I don't know about other provinces, but that is what I was told in Windsor the other day, so you Ontarians, take note! :D

On a side note. I still haven't got a flipping clue what the hold up is on my DM. I feel like I'm being persecuted because now even the 2013 folks are getting AIP/DM on same day *snffles* Someone does not like me and they're not even giving me a reason why. It would be nice to know. I ordered my GCMS notes so I can take a look to try and figure it out, however, those also take 30 days. What a crock of ....

Yeah, not in such a good 'waiting' mood any longer. I want this done and over with already!

On yet another side note, likely by this time tomorrow night, I won't care how long it takes them. This girl has a job interview and is not leaving until they give her that damned job! LOL

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
somewhatstressed said:
Even though it was checked at landing (yeah, let me correct that for you...) I am not holding my breath it's going to be the right address.
I never ever changed my address and it was a right address that shown on ecas.

But untill now I have not received my OWP since they said they sent out on 28Oct. I'm sure it has been missing somewhere.
But the post office couldn't do anything neither CIC. They told me to wait till 9Dec and give them a call for re-sending the new one :(

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
john6514520 said:
Does anyone know what the wait times are for landing interview in Calgary. I got DM today!
Congrats john6514520!

I also Calgarian. I don't see you are in time line. May I ask when did you send your application? When did you get AIP? Did you have to re-do medical exam? Hope you got landing interview soon.

Cheers!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to nessasary on the landing today and becoming a PR.

Screech339

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
I just got off the phone with CIC to check and see if there was a landing intreview letter sent out or not. The rep said there was a letter mailed out to you Wednesday Nov 20th and she wasnt sure what that letter was for exactly, So iam assuming/ Hoping this is my landing intreview. So i hope i get something in the mail in about 4 to 10 business days and it will probably be dated Nov 20th and will keep everyone posted of any update.

Screech, no matter how much we thank you it will never be enough for the effort your putting into this forum and the spread sheet

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
HME said:
Screech, no matter how much we thank you it will never be enough for the effort your putting into this forum and the spread sheet
Thank you. It is nothing to it when it comes to maintaining the timesheets.

Screech339

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hi everyone. :D. My hubby officially became a Permanent resident today.
We woke up this morning early because my husband was anxious to get there on time. We were 45mins early for our 945 appointment. We went to reception who directed us to the payment area to pay the landing fee. Everyone said congrats. We received our COPR around 10:00. The lady asked us if we were both working. If my husband had ever been convicted of a crime, if he had any dependents, and if he had ever been denied entry to Canada. Then he initialed a few places and signed. It was smiles all around. We were then directed to the area to get his SIN.
That was it. Just gotta wait 6-8 weeks for the PR card and 2-3 weeks for the SIN

Thanks to everyone for all your support and for participating in the spread sheet so we have an idea of where we are as individuals in this long process.

I will probably continue to check this forum from time to time just to see how everyone is doing.

Thanks again,

nessasary

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Nessasary said:
Hi everyone. :D. My hubby officially became a Permanent resident today.
We woke up this morning early because my husband was anxious to get there on time. We were 45mins early for our 945 appointment. We went to reception who directed us to the payment area to pay the landing fee. Everyone said congrats. We received our COPR around 10:00. The lady asked us if we were both working. If my husband had ever been convicted of a crime, if he had any dependents, and if he had ever been denied entry to Canada. Then he initialed a few places and signed. It was smiles all around. We were then directed to the area to get his SIN.
That was it. Just gotta wait 6-8 weeks for the PR card and 2-3 weeks for the SIN

Thanks to everyone for all your support and for participating in the spread sheet so we have an idea of where we are as individuals in this long process.

I will probably continue to check this forum from time to time just to see how everyone is doing.

Thanks again,
nessasary
Congrats on your husband's PR landing. Last piece of the puzzle left to go.

Screech339

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
Hi Guys,

So my OWP was sent to my old address despite updating my address on ECAS and calling the CIC call center to verify but I spoke to some lady last time and she apologized and said she fixed the whole address issue. So now my question is does anyone know if I can go to CBSA and show them my AIP+DM+OWP approval letter if I can be printed and given a new one or even if go to Vergeville and request for a new one and get it same day I live in Calgary so I can easily go to either the CBSA or Vergeville. I went to my old house and the house is up for Sale and I was not even able to get hold of the Landlord, lady from CIC told me it will take 8 weeks to print and send new OWP for me to my new address. Any suggestions guys?? Thanks a lot. I just wanna get my OWP to start working !!

sunflora

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
HME, I am sure it is your landing letter coming..and you will be landed very soon....my landing letter was dated Nov.7th and it took 8 days to arrive on Nov.15th ....

HME said:
I just got off the phone with CIC to check and see if there was a landing intreview letter sent out or not. The rep said there was a letter mailed out to you Wednesday Nov 20th and she wasnt sure what that letter was for exactly, So iam assuming/ Hoping this is my landing intreview. So i hope i get something in the mail in about 4 to 10 business days and it will probably be dated Nov 20th and will keep everyone posted of any update.

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
aakpawan said:
Hi Guys,

So my OWP was sent to my old address despite updating my address on ECAS and calling the CIC call center to verify but I spoke to some lady last time and she apologized and said she fixed the whole address issue. So now my question is does anyone know if I can go to CBSA and show them my AIP+DM+OWP approval letter if I can be printed and given a new one or even if go to Vergeville and request for a new one and get it same day I live in Calgary so I can easily go to either the CBSA or Vergeville. I went to my old house and the house is up for Sale and I was not even able to get hold of the Landlord, lady from CIC told me it will take 8 weeks to print and send new OWP for me to my new address. Any suggestions guys?? Thanks a lot. I just wanna get my OWP to start working !!
Hi aakpawan,

I'm sorry to hear that. I also live in Calgary but the different is I never ever move house since I staying in Calgary.

But untill now I have not received my OWP yet, I call CIC and they said they sent out the OWP on 28Oct. I'm sure it has been missing somewhere.
The CIC said they couldn't do anything as their rule is have to wait for 6 weeks from the day they sent out the OWP.
So I only can call them to re-send the OWP to me on the 9Dec.

Refer to your case which is better than mine coz you know it has sent to the old address. If I were you I'll call your ex-landlord, landlady or write a note and put into their post box and said if they receive any mail that belong to your mail please keep them and kindly urgently contact to your cell phone because it is very important to you.

Wish you best of luck!

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
I am proud to announce I am now a Canadian PR!!!! Yipppeeeeeeeeee!!!!

This was a long road to travel and I can't believe we finally made it. My wife and I couldn't stop dancing, hugging and tearing up. I even began to choke back tears singing along to Oh Canada at the beginning of a Jets game on the radio. Wow. This is truly amazing.

So we landed at Winnipeg CIC offices. My time was for 1:30pm, and we arrived probably around 1:15pm. I was expecting a long, arduous wait as a lot of people said they waited 2 hours :eek: But when the elevator doors opened, there was no one there, literally. We checked in with the security person, handing him my landing letter and sat down. 5 minutes later we were sitting at the window with a CIC employee who was just as excited as we were about this day. He asked for all my documents showing my immigration status in Canada. Looked them over and said he'd toss some of them for me as I won't be needing them. (AWESOME!). He asked me a few questions. 1) Have I ever been charged or convicted of a crime in Canada? 2) Have I ever been denied entry to Canada? 3) Have I ever been asked to leave Canada? 4) Do I have any dependent children living outside of Canada? A quick 'no' to all and he printed out two copies of my landing paper. I initialed twice on each paper where he asked, and signed each. He then asked me to check that my information was correct on the form and told me this was a lifetime document and not to lose it (and also not to laminate it! haha, i was thikning about it honestly). He then just talked about the requirements to keep PR if I want to extend after 5 years, and then talked about the road to citizenship. He then pushed 1 copy of the landing document over to me and said congratulations. He was thrilled, we were thrilled, and still no one was there haha! It was perfect as my wife and I had a long embrace of joy and triumph.

This was on Wednesday. Right now I feel like I am waiting for the next stage to be finished, or for some paper to come in the mail, or to be WAITING. I feel like I am still WAITING even though everything is done. Haha I hope that wears off soon, I've done enough waiting :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL for you tremendous, wonderful support in answering questions and keeping my spirits high. I've never known a forum to be so completely entwined with my life, and mean so much to me to be honest. The excitement and frustration I've felt throughout, was most poignantly echoed back on this forum, on this thread. Other than my wife, people DON'T understand. I am so grateful to have had you as a community to share in how I've felt throughout this process. Thank you all beyond the heaven and earth!

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Congratulations sounion!!!

Wow! You became PR less than 1 year, good for you :)