10-26-2012
AOR Received.
12-21-2012
Med's Done....
10-20-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
mine was 3 months too.
Received october 26th 2012 and they told me they recieved it/started processing it on December 21st 2012.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
AOR times seem to fluctuate a lot. In May 2013 they were only taking about 1 week or less....and now in August they are up to 3 weeks......except for mine, which is now at 5 weeks... ???

(Acutally in April 2013 they were the quickest taking 4-10 days)

What would you guys do if your AOR was taking longer than everyone else in the same month? For example if it was 3 months in 2012, but yours took 5 months...

Would you call CIC and inquire?

bethfaint

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2012
AOR Received.
12-21-2012
Med's Done....
10-20-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
ACS said:
AOR times seem to fluctuate a lot. In May 2013 they were only taking about 1 week or less....and now in August they are up to 3 weeks......except for mine, which is now at 5 weeks... ???

What would you guys do if your AOR was taking longer than everyone else in the same month? For example if it was 3 months in 2012, but yours took 5 months...

Would you call CIC and inquire?
Have you checked with people on the Inland Applications 2013 forum? We all applied in 2012 so it might no be the same for you as it was for us. With the strike and I'm assuming high volume of applications things are taking different amounts of time. Did you send in your application in August 2013 (as it says on your profile info)? If you sent it in then I think you have a while to wait before they say they recieved it!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
bethfaint said:
Have you checked with people on the Inland Applications 2013 forum? We all applied in 2012 so it might no be the same for you as it was for us. With the strike and I'm assuming high volume of applications things are taking different amounts of time. Did you send in your application in August 2013 (as it says on your profile info)? If you sent it in then I think you have a while to wait before they say they recieved it!
Yes, that's where I'm getting the timings of 3 weeks for AOR. Everyone else who has applied before and some after me in August 2013 have already rec'd their AOR in that time frame.

I just came over here to you 2012 pro's to ask your opinions as well. I understand the timelines may be slightly different, but some of you may have more experience dealing with our friends over at CIC. :)

I don't want to call and bug them too early, on the other hand if they have my email address or something else wrong, I want to verify and correct it....

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
My application was received in CPC-V on Oct 30,2012 and got AOR on Feb 14,2013 because in January 2013 CPC-V sent all my application and documents back to me .They said that they couldn't process it because they have not received any payments which was actually they had withdraw it in October 2012.They also asked me to update Schedule-A again ( I don't know why ,maybe it is already 2013)

I went to RBC Bank to got the proof that CPC-V had withdraw my money in Oct 2012 and sent it back.....One of member 2012 Applicant,Kriskris also got same bad experience like me....
CPC-V lost our Original Payment......

bethfaint

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2012
AOR Received.
12-21-2012
Med's Done....
10-20-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
ACS said:
Yes, that's where I'm getting the timings of 3 weeks for AOR. Everyone else who has applied before and some after me in August 2013 have already rec'd their AOR in that time frame.

I just came over here to you 2012 pro's to ask your opinions as well. I understand the timelines may be slightly different, but some of you may have more experience dealing with our friends over at CIC. :)

I don't want to call and bug them too early, on the other hand if they have my email address or something else wrong, I want to verify and correct it....
if you can get through to CIC then go ahead. double check your mailing address and your email address. it can't hurt!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
sunsun said:
I applied on Oct 30,2012 and got AOR on Feb 14,2013 because in January 2013 CPC-V sent all my application and documents back to me .They said that they couldn't process it because they have not received any payments which was actually they had withdraw it on October 2012.They also asked me to update Schedule-A again ( I don't know why ,maybe it is already 2013)

I went to RBC Bank to got the proof that CPC-V had withdraw my money in Oct 2012 and sent it back.....One of member 2012 Applicant,Kriskris also got same bad experience like me....
CPC-V lost our Original Payment......
OMG...that is an awful experience!!! :eek: All those extra months because of their mistake!!!

This is what I am worrying about...

Best case scenario is that they just have my email address entered incorrectly or something….

Worst case is I’m the only one from the timeframe I sent it in not to receive AOR because it’s missing something and they are sending it back  I was saying I can’t imagine missing anything cuz I (and my family) ALL reviewed it MANY MANY times….but if it’s like your case, that it is their mistake….even worse…

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
ACS said:
OMG...that is an awful experience!!! :eek: All those extra months because of their mistake!!!

This is what I am worrying about...

Best case scenario is that they just have my email address entered incorrectly or something....

Worst case is I'm the only one from the timeframe I sent it in not to receive AOR because it's missing something and they are sending it back  I was saying I can't imagine missing anything cuz I (and my family) ALL reviewed it MANY MANY times....but if it's like your case, that it is their mistake....even worse...
Hi ACS,

You need to chill and relax and breathe! Do you have receipt that CIC received your application? You should have tracked it with the mail carrier you used... If it's been signed off at the correct address, then you know CIC has your application. My application was signed by SAL A when I tracked my application through the mail. Do you have copies of your application that you sent? Double check to see if your email address / mailing address are correct. CIC is inconsistent, so I would not base your timing off anyone, as they are too unreliable in their procedures and protocols.

Best of luck,

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hockeyfan said:
Hi ACS,

You need to chill and relax and breathe!
Best of luck,

This.

All year long I have been watching people base their expectations on the shortest time frames. And then people get upset and worry and make themselves sick. It's human nature, I guess. I found basing my expectations on the average or even slightly longer than average historical time frames made the wait more bearable for me.

When I applied in July 2012, I barely looked at this forum until after I'd gotten my AOR in October because I knew it would likely be 3-4 months before I'd hear anything.

Just my .02 cents.

Odds are good that they just haven't gotten to you yet.

:)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
((( Goldmoon ))) (That's an online hug.) Your time is coming, I know it! They've finally started moving (slowly, but moving) on us October apps. I expect you'll have good news soon!

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
Besunshine said:
We are waiting for our PR card right now. We are hoping to take a trip to Montreal and Toronto before our card arrives. We will be flying from Vancouver. Are we allowed to travel within Canada? Our consultant says its better that we dont go because we arent suppose to travel during this time? Even if its within canada?
We are going to Montreal next month too! For our well delayed honeymoon.
I am sure that you don't need any travel documents with you. A driver's license is good enough to identify for the checkin .
Our consult said that we can travel within the country and by private car to US. :)

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
Doe123 said:
My wife had Decision Made at Vegreville over 7 weeks ago. We have a few questions...

Should we be concerned that we have not heard from Vancouver yet?
Does everyone need to travel to the local office to obtain the confirmation of permanent residence document? It's quite the distance for us and would be costly.
Do you need to pay the right of permanent residence fee before you'll even receive the appointment?
We are still waiting for ours from Vancouver office... it's be such a long time.... sigh...

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Thanks everyone! You guys are right...despite that ppl from the 19th and 21st have received AORs, the CIC Call Center Rep told me they are issuing AORs for Aug.8th only....

But she did look me up and give me my file # and verify my email address (which was correct).

So now I can go back to impatiently waiting for the useless AOR....but with slightly less worries. lol :)

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hi, I'm taking over my husband's account, Okay, I'm a live-in-caregiver, I have a work permit that will expire on April of 2014, but since I completed my 24 months with my employer, I decided to apply for an OWP including my husband sponsorship application, since my employer is not treating me well decided to quit my job to that employer of mine taking the risk that I can't work for anybody else, plus i thought that when i submit my OWP with my work permit I can received my OWP in 55 days, My Mistake i didn't include my statement and deductions proof that i really completed my 24 months and i am eligible to have an open work permit already, its hard to be stuck at home not earning money, my savings in the bank are all zero balance and it's really embarrassing for my husband that he's paying all the bills and working everyday, while me lying on the bed,, that is not really good... and it's really not good that while you stuck in the house and not working your husband is doing everything to make money to buy food , pay bills, pay our house, that is tiring.... I hope CIC will make things easier, faster and not complicated, because i can't take seeing my husband so tired plus how can i get pregnant if he's tired at work (LOL just kidding) anyway CIC pls make a way for those people applying for an owp for their application to be faster... thank you

Anyway as much as I wanted to file for a separate application because they said it is allowed but the thing is i will pay another fee for this, my husband paid all the expenses with my last application amuont of 1,190 (right of pr fee, owp fee and pr fee) its embarrassing ro ask money again since i dont have money and im not working at all :(

SM

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
jayshe25 said:
Hi, I'm taking over my husband's account, Okay, I'm a live-in-caregiver, I have a work permit that will expire on April of 2014, but since I completed my 24 months with my employer, I decided to apply for an OWP including my husband sponsorship application, since my employer is not treating me well decided to quit my job to that employer of mine taking the risk that I can't work for anybody else, plus i thought that when i submit my OWP with my work permit I can received my OWP in 55 days, My Mistake i didn't include my statement and deductions proof that i really completed my 24 months and i am eligible to have an open work permit already, its hard to be stuck at home not earning money, my savings in the bank are all zero balance and it's really embarrassing for my husband that he's paying all the bills and working everyday, while me lying on the bed,, that is not really good... and it's really not good that while you stuck in the house and not working your husband is doing everything to make money to buy food , pay bills, pay our house, that is tiring.... I hope CIC will make things easier, faster and not complicated, because i can't take seeing my husband so tired plus how can i get pregnant if he's tired at work (LOL just kidding) anyway CIC pls make a way for those people applying for an owp for their application to be faster... thank you

Anyway as much as I wanted to file for a separate application because they said it is allowed but the thing is i will pay another fee for this, my husband paid all the expenses with my last application amuont of 1,190 (right of pr fee, owp fee and pr fee) its embarrassing ro ask money again since i dont have money and im not working at all :(

SM
SM

I think it's ok to "ask for money". This would be the time that he will support you. :) Many of the applicants are not working while waiting for OWP. You can spend time and make your house clean and prepare meals. :) I know it feels different but once the wait is over, you will be able to work again.
Try to read some books? Use the free library service. :)

Good luck.