+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neyuli said:
aww i know what u feel. I guess it depends on the officer who's in charge of your application..Some take their time and some are really keen. Our applications are pretty much filed at around the same time, and after AIP, I haven't heard from CIC either..even my eCas is not updated. So I think we've just had a very laid back officer. Plus, second stage timeline is quoted to take around 8 months so it's still a while to go until we should be super worried. Cheer up! Happy go lucky! Good news will come our ways :)
Thanks for the kind words. I was just feeling whiny. Thanks for listening. :)

Best of luck to all!!

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question!! Please HELP!

I wanna apply for Temporary Re-entry Visa (TRV) inside Canada. I've just found out that we actually can apply online....However, for re-entry visa, I recalled I had to submit my passport together with the application so they can stamp the visa on the page. Thus, I am wondering how it will work with the online system when they only request you to scan or photocopy your passport pages? I would appreciate any help, please share your experience :)

Thank you,

cdk324

Mar 18, 2013
Hi guys.

My wife landed on Apr 23, 2013 in Edmonton. Interview was simple and took about 20min. Those basic 3 questions and confirmed a name and address.
And yes. They took only 1 picture.

My wife applied on Sept 4, 2012, so the whole process took about 8 months.

CIC agent said to everybody in the room that we had to bring the physical PR card to apply for the SIN#. I went to the Service Canada right after interview and asked them if she can apply for it with the PR confirmation document only, and the lady said no problem, so my wife got SIN#, Starts with 6, that day.

So it will take about 6-8 weeks to get the PR card mailed in.

Well, thanks for the great forum and good luck to you all.

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cdk324 said:
Hi guys.

My wife landed on Apr 23, 2013 in Edmonton. Interview was simple and took about 20min. Those basic 3 questions and confirmed a name and address.

CIC agent said to everybody in the room that we had to bring the physical PR card to apply for the SIN#. I went to the Service Canada right after interview and asked them if she can apply for it with the PR confirmation document only, and the lady said no problem, so my wife got SIN#, Starts with 6, that day.

Sorry to be a Newb, what are the basic 3 questions?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Robotic said:
Screech!!!!!!!! I got my appointment letter!!!!!! It was sent to my in laws address for some reason and they checked the mail and said I got sumthin!!!! My landing appointment is may 16!!! Wow!! I am ecstatic!!!, They sent it april 25th...That means u should be getting yours probably Monday!! Ill keep y'all posted!!
That's great news. Glad to hear that you got your letter and that it is in may. I look forward to getting our letter this week.

I wonder what our landing date would be. It would be funny if it was same day as yours.

I will keep you posted.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canamconnect said:
Sorry to be a Newb, what are the basic 3 questions?
The questions they asked me were:

- Have you been arrested or charged with a criminal offence?
- Have you declared all of your family members on your application?
- Is your name and address on the COPR correct?

Oddly, the second question is one I've seen many people run into problems with - they say "yes" when in fact they have a common-law partner or a child they faild to declare. Whether knowing or unknowing, failure to declare a family member means they are no longer considered to be a family member and cannot be sponsored in the future. I've read exactly ONE case where someone was allowed to sponsor a child that was not declared when that person became a PR. In that case, H&C relief was granted because the parent (father) did not even know the child existed at that time and was able to demonstrate same. Even so, that required a trip to federal court to obtain relief.

People seem to make the mistake of applying the laws and customs of their home country: "sure we lived together for two years, but that's not married and we don't have a concept of 'common law' in our country". It's really crushing when you see someone told they cannot sponsor their spouse because they failed to disclose them as a common-law partner several years prior. But bottom line the standards are those of Canadian law.

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
krissikris said:
Hey Rusty can you update the spredsheet for us please, we got AIP today and applied for OWP online today as well. Thanks. :D
Wooooo Hoo!! Congrats!

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ Rusty,

Do you realize that today makes my 6th month? What's happening to your guru powers?
Wouldn't your 6mths actually be in May ?? I see you filed before then, but your AOR is not until Dec......... When I called the other day, they said I can check back after May 30m, which is 6mth after our AOR ( Nov 30 )

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cdk324 said:
Hi guys.

Thanks for sharing :)

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
Hey everyone could you please help me respond to this post that an anonymous member asked me to post. Please spare some time to answer

"I was sponsored to canada by my ex-husband who was my cousin. Due to some family disputes, we never lived together in canada. He never showed any interest in me. I got divorce after a year and married to another person whom I met in Canada. My ex-husband complained against me in immigration. When I was called in for immigration hearing, I got confused and I said I lived with my ex-husband which was not true. they called me for hearing one after another. I told them the truth that family did not accept me and I never lived with him. Therefore, they blamed me for marriage of convience and misreprestation. before, I did not know that my husband can do inland sponsorship for me. now, I did not leave on the date they asked me to leave canada. I am not sure if my exclusion order will become deportation order. E cas shows my H&C and sporshorship is in process. I am not sure if they will process my application. Will they approve my application? Now, I am not only out of status but illegal."
I doubt very much that this application will go through without a lot of trouble. It seems this person has already been essentially deemed fraudulent in the eyes of CIC. I'd say a 1 year exclusion is a GIFT ! I think she needs to call and find out if the order is still in effect for her to leave, and if so - do it now before any further steps to deportation are taken. If she goes home on an exclusion, her husband can still file an application and pay the additional fees. It takes longer - for sure; but if deported she may never be able to come back at all.
Honestly, given that she married her cousin (illegal) and didn't even live with him as a married couple, I'd say she is in fact guilty of attempting to commit fraud and it is people like that, that cause others to have such obstacles to overcome. I don't feel sorry for her...... not one little bit. You reap what you sow!

Robotic

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
screech339 said:
That's great news. Glad to hear that you got your letter and that it is in may. I look forward to getting our letter this week.

I wonder what our landing date would be. It would be funny if it was same day as yours.

I will keep you posted.

Screech339
Haha ya that would be funny if we had the same landing date lol, hope to hear u get your letter sometime this week!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Congratulations to all who got AIP and DM.... Im so happy to read this forum... its so alive ....

My application was sent OCTOBER 11, 2011 AIP on August 22, 2012, CIC is due last APRIL 22, when the call center agent called me back on January, He told me I should get a letter for DM on or before April 30, 2013 nothing they need to do, all are completed, I called on April 25, 2013, CIC call center agent told me that they are doing background check and She has no idea when are they going to finish it... I am looking to contact our MP by e-mail they have provided, Im just wondering what information the MP office need to help us in our files. Thanks in advance for the input.

Take care a lot to all and best regards to all new PERMANENT RESIDENT... once again CONGRATS

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
who among here already have their DM and with an accompanying dependent outside Canada?

I haven't received any update with my application since January 11, 2013.. :'( :'(
Hope everything's alright with my application. My daughter is already asking us when is she going to come here in Canada.. :'( :'(

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
The questions they asked me were:

- Have you been arrested or charged with a criminal offence?
- Have you declared all of your family members on your application?
- Is your name and address on the COPR correct?

Oddly, the second question is one I've seen many people run into problems with - they say "yes" when in fact they have a common-law partner or a child they faild to declare. Whether knowing or unknowing, failure to declare a family member means they are no longer considered to be a family member and cannot be sponsored in the future. I've read exactly ONE case where someone was allowed to sponsor a child that was not declared when that person became a PR. In that case, H&C relief was granted because the parent (father) did not even know the child existed at that time and was able to demonstrate same. Even so, that required a trip to federal court to obtain relief.

People seem to make the mistake of applying the laws and customs of their home country: "sure we lived together for two years, but that's not married and we don't have a concept of 'common law' in our country". It's really crushing when you see someone told they cannot sponsor their spouse because they failed to disclose them as a common-law partner several years prior. But bottom line the standards are those of Canadian law.
And what is the point of question #1? Isn't that addressed during the PR process? Or does it mean even if your PR is granted they can still refuse you at the border? I can see no other reason for them having to ask that...

PRQC

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
Hi!
What is the timeline from DM to landing interview in Montreal?

I just got DM approved from inland spouse application on April 24 ;D

Thanks