December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Nigea
When I call I'm always lucky to get a lady and all I do is to apply my Jamaican male charm and that's it. Anything I want I get from them. I just tell them that their voice sound like music and they laugh.

ppotiti2626

Nov 30, 2012
hi thanks for your response!
so if you said you TRIED to cancel the online application that you made on feb 19 and you sent another one by paper on march 21st ... im just thinking that the fact that you received the work permit today because probably your feb 19 application DID go thru... because if we add the mail delay is like 5 days that would mean they processed the application in like one week or so!
i guess the question now is did you get any confirmation that they processed the application that you sent on march 21..
really appreciate your help! :) good luck!

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
ppotiti2626 said:
hi thanks for your response!
so if you said you TRIED to cancel the online application that you made on feb 19 and you sent another one by paper on march 21st ... im just thinking that the fact that you received the work permit today because probably your feb 19 application DID go thru... because if we add the mail delay is like 5 days that would mean they processed the application in like one week or so!
i guess the question now is did you get any confirmation that they processed the application that you sent on march 21..
really appreciate your help! :) good luck!
Hello, i tried to contact cic today to confirm if ill get my refund but no luck. i really dont know why they sent the working permit early coz i got the confirmation that feb 19 application was cancelled and refund will take place in 16 weeks.:) I am in alberta and when i sent my march 21 paper application i picked the next day delivery.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
They'll still refund it. You got a free permit! :D :D. Smile and work my friend

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
jiggyzealous said:
They'll still refund it. You got a free permit! :D :D. Smile and work my friend
Thank you Jiggy!:) I have an interview tomorrow! I really hope i'll get this coz my daughter is free in that daycare too! :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Do well at your interview. It'll be alright

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ sunsun

It'svery easy to get frustrated but we've got to keep the faith. As much as you hear this govt speaks of the importance of immigration they're not dealing with us humanely because there's no way we should be subject to sit and and wait
for months, even year without the ability to work. It's really unfair. If this immigration adopts so many of the US immigration strategies, why cant we be given permit automatically after we apply for PR here. I said the US does it.

@ thatgirl123
I'd suggest that you send ur husband's medical in. I believe it helps reduce time. I submitted everything and when I inquired last week they were doing background and criminal checks. Ooops! I still done have AIP though
hey Jiggy, yea, I think we are going to do it very soon. The background and security check is seperate... and those docs were submitted with App. But its my understanding that a medical expires after 6 mths... then you have to pay and get it done all over again. I thought it was good for a year, but another couple I know have done theirs 3 times before it finally was due, accepted, and processed. Now that we are into April, it should be safe to do it now ( I figure)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@thatgirl 123
If medicals were valid for 6 months mine would have been expired already but medicals are valid up to one year from the date it was done. In some instances, CiC even voluntarily extends the medical. However, I'd advise you to send in the medical now because I heard medicals are assessed before background and security. You'll save time in the end. You'llsoon ssee the light. It's coming

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Ok team, we are seven straight working days with someone getting a DM. Lets keep the streak going! Who is it going to be today? GO TEAM GO!

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Rusty53 said:
Ok team, we are seven straight working days with someone getting a DM. Lets keep the streak going! Who is it going to be today? GO TEAM GO!
There's no I in team! Good luck everybody!

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
OMG OMG OMG OMG. I am in absolute shock! It's is us today. I just recieved my wife's email on my work computer. WE HAVE DM!!!!!! No mistake this time. I have to run out to a meeting right now so I will send more info later. I am physically breathless right now!

Nahmed

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Rusty53 said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG. I am in absolute shock! It's is us today. I just recieved my wife's email on my work computer. WE HAVE DM!!!!!! No mistake this time. I have to run out to a meeting right now so I will send more info later. I am physically breathless right now!
congratsssssssss wowwwwwwww

nishika

Mar 28, 2013
Rusty53 said:
Woww... thats amazing!! Congrats Rusty :)

ppotiti2626

Nov 30, 2012
hello! :)
now i see :) i really hope i get my owp just as as quickly... thank you for explaining all this to me ... i wish you all the best of luck in your job hunting :) and hopefully you will hear from cic about DM very soon! :)
good luck to all of us on this forum :)