+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

giraffe89

Jan 12, 2013
I did my medicals mid February and my Ecas just was updated ... sometimes they don't update ecas though so I wouldn't be worried!

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
giraffe89 said:
I did my medicals mid February and my Ecas just was updated ... sometimes they don't update ecas though so I wouldn't be worried!
Thanks giraffe89! I did mine mid March and the results were sent March 20, according to the doctor. I will try to be more patient.
Thanks again for the comfort :D

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
neyuli said:
Thanks giraffe89! I did my mid March and the results were sent March 20, according to the doctor. I will try to be more patient.
Thanks again for the comfort :D
Yep, be patient!! You can also give them a call, I never really trusted Ecas, I called after a month of doing my medicals, they told me they had them already but nothing on Ecas, and to help you feel less stressed, I got this week my DM and they just added my medicals this morning :S

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loops said:
Yep, be patient!! You can also give them a call, I never really trusted Ecas, I called after a month of doing my medicals, they told me they had them already but nothing on Ecas, and to help you feel less stressed, I got this week my DM and they just added my medicals this morning :S
Haha awesome. I see how terribly ecas is lagging. Congratulations on your DM btw!! I'm very happy for you! You should celebrate for all the major waits are now over :)

I will give CIC a call next week to check in with them. Thank you. You really make me feel better

Cheers,

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
does anyone know here about US tourist VIsa? Im worried. I did apply but i applied only b2 which is for pleasure and medical treatment, im going there as a tourist. Should I have applied as b1/b2?

please guide me. thanks

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaeh1234 said:
does anyone know here about US tourist VIsa? Im worried. I did apply but i applied only b2 which is for pleasure and medical treatment, im going there as a tourist. Should I have applied as b1/b2?

please guide me. thanks
I also had the same worry, but when they issue your visa, it will say b1/b2. Especially when you go for the interview, they'll ask questions and find out the purposes of your trip and issue your visa accordingly :)

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Alright. Thanks so much.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadaeh1234 said:

please guide me. thanks
I would have waited until you get your PR first before applying for US tourist Visa. Reason being is that US will want proof that you will go back to Canada after entering US. Having a PR Card is one proof. Other reason is since you cannot leave Canada (well you could, No one's stopping you) while Inland PR is in process, it could jeopardize your process if you did leave Canada to US. It would have been safe to wait for PR completion before applying for US visa. My wife will apply for US visa as soon as she gets her PR.

Screech339

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Hello folks

Especially those of u who ordered FOSS notes. Is it only one officer handle your application from submission to completion or more than one officer? Or is the same person who sent AOR is the same one to evaluate the application later?

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I would have waited until you get your PR first before applying for US tourist Visa. Reason being is that US will want proof that you will go back to Canada after entering US. Having a PR Card is one proof. Other reason is since you cannot leave Canada (well you could, No one's stopping you) while Inland PR is in process, it could jeopardize your process if you did leave Canada to US. It would have been safe to wait for PR completion before applying for US visa. My wife will apply for US visa as soon as she gets her PR.

Screech339
It's true that they will stop processing your PR app if you get denied entry into Canada but if you have a valid Canadian visa and a work permit or study permit I don't think they can reject your entry into Canada. True that when you enter the USA they will ask for proof that you will return to Canada. So, if you have a job, make sure bring with you your employer's letter and company ID, or pay slips in case they ask for it. It happened to me at the US border last month and I showed them my new open work permit but it didn't really satisfy them. They finally let me in the States but it wasn't a pleasant experience. I only experienced that when i entered America by car, never had same problem with air travels. THough it was super pleasant and comfortable when i return to Canada at the border, the officer just took a look at my Canadian visa, my work permit and said "welcome back to Canada!". Such polite and nice people, compared to the other side of the border.

Robotic

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Guys guys guys!!!!!! I got my letter of completion!!!!!!!!! Etobicoke gonna contact me soon!!!! Can't wait ommggg it's finally at the end! Wow!! I just wanna say thank u to everyone in this forum, I couldn't have done it without all y'all!!! Ill keep y'all posted!! Woohoo!! Keep the DMs rolling in!!!

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Robotic said:
Guys guys guys!!!!!! I got my letter of completion!!!!!!!!! Etobicoke gonna contact me soon!!!! Can't wait ommggg it's finally at the end! Wow!! I just wanna say thank u to everyone in this forum, I couldn't have done it without all y'all!!! Ill keep y'all posted!! Woohoo!! Keep the DMs rolling in!!!
Hey congrats !! did you get a hard copy of letter by mail or by email ?

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Robotic said:
Awesome news robotic. I have update you already. Please let us know when you get your landing date. I think it is time for you to celebrate.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
congrats to all who got their DM's already.. hopefully june applicants are next!