Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
weary-damsil31 said:
Hello guys,please count me in.we are sending our application today finally!:)
congratulations and welcome to the wait!!!!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. What a wonderfully windy day here in Saskatchewan. Welcome to the new comers.

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Tozo

Just let us know of your situation? Wy is it too long already and what is the long wait reason?

Cheers

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
CheshireCats said:
What exactly is AIP ? Approved in Principal...and, what exactly does that mean?

And...the OWP, we have like I said earlier just applied for an initial WP but are expecting a denial...when can we apply for the OWP?

Sorry for all the questions, it is just all so confusing! ::)

Our circumstances suck to the max at the moment (self inflicted) and we already have the CBSA on our butts :eek: However, they are helping us out as much as they can and my hubby has to report to them monthly. They're scary folks, but
Hi would u mind me asking why your husband has to go to cbsa. Me has ti report every tuesday

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
xxpazaway said:
Hi would u mind me asking why your husband has to go to cbsa. Me has ti report every tuesday
My husband had overstayed for a very long time (almost 4 years) His ex-wife gave us a heck of a time with a divorce and in all honesty we could have done things differently but didn't know what to do, so we just rode it out.
Then a small misdemeanor and a trial that we had to wait 13 months to clear up got in the way. Once that trial was over, CBSA were informed and knocked on our door at 6am on the Monday before Xmas with deportation papers in hand.
They questioned him and released him with strict conditions (reporting monthly, and we had 30 days to file for a TRP, WP and PR application)
When I look back on everything now I can only thank the CBSA for all they did. The guys were extremely helpful and called to congratulate my husband when his open work permit and TRP was approved end of April! They originally had told us the chances of getting the work permit were slim to none.
When we got the TRP it said that my husband MAY be eligible for PR so at the moment we're waiting to see what will happen with that, I am thinking it may take a few years due to inadmissibility, but maybe not. It was a single summary offense resulting in a fine that hopefully will be overlooked but each case is different. The fact that they approved the open work permit tells me that the VO that handled those applications is thinking not but we have a young child that would be torn to pieces if the only father he ever knew was taken from his life.
My husband no longer has to report :) They lifted the conditions and his TRP and WP expire right around the same time the PR should hit first stage...we have until October to file for extensions.
After the last 5 months of massive stress and anxiety...we get to breathe a little easier, until October or so anyway!

Why does your hubby need to report? Are they being as helpful? We live in a border town and the CBSA office is literally a 15 minute walk from our house. The main guy that my husband had to report to actually gave my husband his personal cell phone number in case of questions or concerns. Like I said, they were extremely helpful throughout the whole process and I hope you are in the same boat!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
To CheshireCats

AIP is approval in principle for first stage. with AIP you can apply for OWP or go to shcool, have health card from your province. it's almost like PR but different is AIP is not PR and you still have to wait for second stage. No you can't apply for OWP until AIP first

here is my time line

finally over....just have to wait for montreal office to give me landing date.

We received your application for permanent residence on May 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 8, 2011.

Medical results have been received. (was done and sent with appl but did not appear until june 4 upon DM)

We received the requested information on May 18, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. This is AIP (was made May 29 2012)
......and soon after this...
We sent you a letter on June 4, 2012 , Montreal, Quebec, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please... (was made later June 4)

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to go to school but can not decide between airinaughtical engineer and electrical engineer. Any thoughts?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone please remind me how extension of stay works again. Do I need to sent it to a
Different address and should I write that there is inland app in process in the envelope?

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
CheshireCats said:
My husband had overstayed for a very long time (almost 4 years) His ex-wife gave us a heck of a time with a divorce and in all honesty we could have done things differently but didn't know what to do, so we just rode it out.
Then a small misdemeanor and a trial that we had to wait 13 months to clear up got in the way. Once that trial was over, CBSA were informed and knocked on our door at 6am on the Monday before Xmas with deportation papers in hand.
They questioned him and released him with strict conditions (reporting monthly, and we had 30 days to file for a TRP, WP and PR application)
When I look back on everything now I can only thank the CBSA for all they did. The guys were extremely helpful and called to congratulate my husband when his open work permit and TRP was approved end of April! They originally had told us the chances of getting the work permit were slim to none.
When we got the TRP it said that my husband MAY be eligible for PR so at the moment we're waiting to see what will happen with that, I am thinking it may take a few years due to inadmissibility, but maybe not. It was a single summary offense resulting in a fine that hopefully will be overlooked but each case is different. The fact that they approved the open work permit tells me that the VO that handled those applications is thinking not but we have a young child that would be torn to pieces if the only father he ever knew was taken from his life.
My husband no longer has to report :) They lifted the conditions and his TRP and WP expire right around the same time the PR should hit first stage...we have until October to file for extensions.
After the last 5 months of massive stress and anxiety...we get to breathe a little easier, until October or so anyway!

Why does your hubby need to report? Are they being as helpful? We live in a border town and the CBSA office is literally a 15 minute walk from our house. The main guy that my husband had to report to actually gave my husband his personal cell phone number in case of questions or concerns. Like I said, they were extremely helpful throughout the whole process and I hope you are in the same boat!
My husband is a citizen i am the ine who has to report every first tuesday o the month. My husband is my employer as a caregiver for his 2 kids from his ex wife. My work permit striclysays no other employer and location someone call and tip them i was working in his business as secretary which the cbsa caught me while talking in the phone with the client. From july 2011 i have to report to them till my case was over. I dont know what is the possibility of them sending me home. I have 2 kids one is 19 months and the other one is 9 months.

rossal-

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
March 2012
Hi! i want to send my application tomorrow, i think that we have all but now i have a question, probably a silly question but, for the police certificated from my home country in the cic say that they just need my id from my country and they do all the background check, but i found some peoples from my country (applying outland) and say that when is almost finished the process, the cic ask to them to make their own background check, so what i can do? i will apply inland so i don't know if this could be different for me... how i ask to them a permission or something for get my background check from my country myself?
I just put my ID and wait to get an answer for them for make my own background check?
Thanks in advance for your help!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M pretty sure u need to supply a police check from ur home country. I'm not sure how to do it, some people are able to get a family member to do it for them and send it by mail. I read somewhere that u can get a form from immigration Canada that helps u request it if they won't give it to u while not being there in person but I'm not 100 percent on that one. U could try calling ur embassy maybe they will know the proper procedure. Or u could also call CIC and see if they have any suggestions. Hope this helps a little.

rossal-

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
March 2012
Thank you.. but this is what they say on the website:
How to obtain a police certificate - Venezuela

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes, all applicants aged 18 or older must provide a police certificate.

How or where do I obtain one?
With your application for a visa to Canada, submit:

your cedula number if you are a Venezuela national, OR
your passport number if you are not a Venezuela national.
If you are applying in Caracas, Venezuela
The CIC Office in Caracas processing your application will work with the appropriate authorities to obtain the required Police Certificate on your behalf.

If you are not applying in Caracas, Venezuela
The CIC Office processing your application will send your name, date of birth and cedula or passport number to the Immigration section in Caracas, Venezuela and officers there will work with the appropriate authorities to obtain the required Police Certificate on your behalf. Caracas will send the Venezuela Police Certificate to the Immigration office processing your application.

IMPORTANT: Applicants should not send their cedula or passport number directly to the Venezuela Police Authorities.

But i see a lot of people from my country saying that cic contact them when they had almost all the process done for find the police certificated themselves... so how can i get an autorisation or something for make the search for my own (well, with the autorities from my country)?

Thanks in advance!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamedsilent said:
Dear Tozo

Just let us know of your situation? Wy is it too long already and what is the long wait reason?

Cheers
yeah hamedsilent,thank you for your concern.i added my my son as non accompanying dependent and from the call agent everything on my file is file and they are still waiting for the visa office from my home country and my second stage will be done.......i was just given a 2 year OWP.....its very straight forward if there are no kids involve but if there are kids involve it take time......the last time i call cic my B/F date was april 27 but have not heard from them and was asked to call by july ending ....hope that this will be over very soon....thanks and wishing you all the best....least i forgot am in my 9th month after AIP.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
CheshireCats said:

When did he start going to cbsa. Did they gave him removal order letter? Im still waiting for the letter they will send me. I got caught on july 2011, that time i was 7 month pregnant with my 2nd child. Then they advise me my husband to start the sponsorship. Then september 2011 we got civil married. After gathering all the requirements i submitt it on october 2011. On january 2012 the oficer brought me inside the room. Ask too much question and then she said i am giving you removal order. She said i have to wait for the letter which until now i havent recieve. I hope i will get aip first before they finalize my case.
How many months does ur husband needs to report? Did they take his passport? Until now cbsa has my passport.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
xxpazaway said:
When did he start going to cbsa. Did they gave him removal order letter? Im still waiting for the letter they will send me. I got caught on july 2011, that time i was 7 month pregnant with my 2nd child. Then they advise me my husband to start the sponsorship. Then september 2011 we got civil married. After gathering all the requirements i submitt it on october 2011. On january 2012 the oficer brought me inside the room. Ask too much question and then she said i am giving you removal order. She said i have to wait for the letter which until now i havent recieve. I hope i will get aip first before they finalize my case.
How many months does ur husband needs to report? Did they take his passport? Until now cbsa has my passport.
He only had to report for 4 months, then his TRP and work permit came.
Yes, they still have his passport.
Now that you're married, maybe they've just let it be to see how the PR app goes??