File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Kayvanblue said:
I need some help
I just received a request for passport for my inland application and also police certificate from home country...do i need to send the originals..or can i send them the copy? My passport is back home and i just asked a family member to fax me a copy of both passport and police certificate? Can i just send them these fax copies until i receive the original in mails...
Thanks...i Really appreciate your help
I didn't think they asked for passport with inland app. How did you get into Canada without your passport or did you have to get it renewed in your country?

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
Nigea said:
I didn't think they asked for passport with inland app. How did you get into Canada without your passport or did you have to get it renewed in your country?
My wife got here without passport 4 years ago as a refugee..she is still waiting for her court hearing..in meanWhile i sponsored her, now after aip they want passport and police certificate from home country/iran to land her...our case is very unique..iran does not even have an embassy in canada... She suffered alot in her life..i need a Miracle with this pr application to re-unite her with her mom in one of iran's Nighbouring counries as her mother's Cancer is advancing fast :( :( :(

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
Kayvanblue said:
I need some help
I just received a request for passport for my inland application and also police certificate from home country...do i need to send the originals..or can i send them the copy? My passport is back home and i just asked a family member to fax me a copy of both passport and police certificate? Can i just send them these fax copies until i receive the original in mails...
Thanks...i Really appreciate your help
My friend (inland applicant) got a passport request as well and they included a deadline but his passport was missing, so he renewed his passport at a Philippine embassy, The passport won't be ready before the deadline so he sent a letter including a photocopy of his passport application and he is planning to send the original one once it is ready.

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
hello there,

needing some help here..my friend is sponsoring his wife who is currently in canada, (she is a us PR) wondering how does she go about getting medical and police clearance certificate if she is staying in canada and not returning to the US??? any help would be appreciated
thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Kayvanblue said:
My wife got here without passport 4 years ago as a refugee..she is still waiting for her court hearing..in meanWhile i sponsored her, now after aip they want passport and police certificate from home country/iran to land her...our case is very unique..iran does not even have an embassy in canada... She suffered alot in her life..i need a Miracle with this pr application to re-unite her with her mom in one of iran's Nighbouring counries as her mother's Cancer is advancing fast :( :( :(
As bizarre as it may sound, Iranian passport issues are being handled via the Iranian interests office in Washington, D.C...

It takes up to 6 months to renew a passport. So yes, right now it is very complex. Plus things like security checks take longer too.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
onelove1 said:
hello there,

needing some help here..my friend is sponsoring his wife who is currently in canada, (she is a us PR) wondering how does she go about getting medical and police clearance certificate if she is staying in canada and not returning to the US??? any help would be appreciated
thanks

This is described right on the CIC website - "My Application"->"Get Medical and Police Certificates" etc.

Medicals may be done at any Panel Physician in the world and its actually cheaper and easier in Canada. FBI clearance just means you need to get the fingerprints done in Canada (I've done it twice at a commercial place, but some police departments and the RCMP do it as well). Then send the forms to West Virginia and two months later you have your clearance letter.

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
Hello, just wondering if anyone else who is applying for the OWP is having trouble opening the form on CIC website, i have tried on 3 different computers in my home and on my phone and every time it tells me to download the latest software from adobe (I already have, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled it!) the form is IMM 5710 just wondering if im a technical moron or if anyone else is having the same problem.... I really want to get this form in the mail asap. oh and will CIC mail me out a form if I cannot get it open?

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi guys!!!

I just got an email from CIC:

"It has been determined that you meet the elegibility requirements to applyfor permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class..."

Is this my AIP ????

They asking for the medicals (did them 3 weeks ago) so I guess they havent get them yet .... At the end of the message it mentions that my Work permit was approved and they will sent me all the documents soon!

Im so happy!!! Yeeeeeeiiii!!!! :p ;D

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi,guys....
I just got mail from CIC that my temporary visa was approved but I just got only 9 months extend. I asked for 1.5 years extend visa.
In that letter , there is a note that I must leave Canada on 27 November 2013..... I just worry how about if my spousal sponsorship is still in process...how can I leave Canada ? ???

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Yes @Loops you got aip :D ;D. Congrats my friend. U have gone half the way. When did u send ur application in?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sunsun said:
Hi,guys....
I just got mail from CIC that my temporary visa was approved but I just got only 9 months extend. I asked for 1.5 years extend visa.
In that letter , there is a note that I must leave Canada on 27 November 2013..... I just worry how about if my spousal sponsorship is still in process...how can I leave Canada ? ???
You can request they extend it before 27 November 2013. But they may think you'll be done before then.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Thank you, Computergeek

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
Yes @ Loops you got aip :D ;D. Congrats my friend. U have gone half the way. When did u send ur application in?
Tnx!!

I sent my application on August 14th :) So 6 months and a few days!

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Loops said:
Hi guys!!!

I just got an email from CIC:

"It has been determined that you meet the elegibility requirements to applyfor permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class..."

Is this my AIP ????

They asking for the medicals (did them 3 weeks ago) so I guess they havent get them yet .... At the end of the message it mentions that my Work permit was approved and they will sent me all the documents soon!

Im so happy!!! Yeeeeeeiiii!!!! :p ;D

Yipeeee for you!!!!-You are half way there!!!!!

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
sunsun said:
Hi,Imonec.. Did you get AIP on Canada date or your country date ?
not sure what you mean... I got it 160 days after my application was received by CIC (Sept 17, 2012)... I'm applying inland so hopefully this doesn't have anything to do with my country.