AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
does anyone know if it really makes much of a time difference to submit the fees for landing after AIP. I didn't have the money when I sent the application in Dec. 10

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
Deepcove said:
Waiting for stage 2 is painful !

It has been 2 months already after submitting my med + police ! My status (med has been received) never changed !

Any pat on the shoulder??
same here, i got AIP early this month, now in Stage 2................ they said 8 months... well, just see if it's really 8 !!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nigea said:
does anyone know if it really makes much of a time difference to submit the fees for landing after AIP. I didn't have the money when I sent the application in Dec. 10
I'm pretty sure that if u do not submit your fees with your application that you will have the opportunity to do it at the landing interview. So no I do not believe it makes a difference. You can do it online at anytime just hold on to your receipt for proof of payment.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deepcove said:
Waiting for stage 2 is painful !

It has been 2 months already after submitting my med + police ! My status (med has been received) never changed !

Any pat on the shoulder??
its been 3 months for us and we submitted everything with the initial application, and our case is straight forward. I bet we will all hear something very soon. Stay positive ;)

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Hi Guys!

I am just wondering what is stage 1 and what is stage 2 ? Is there any stage after those 2 stages ?

What i could understand stage 1 is when the sponsorship from your sponsor got approved so they called it Approval In Principles (AIP) right ?

and for stage 2 is when all of the principal applicant documents (incl. passport, birth certificate, police certificate, etc) that have been submitted to Vegreville are being process or check by the visa / immigration officer, right ? So when we're on the stage 2 we will not be ask to submit documents that has been told in the Document Checklist again (unless they ask us to submit different documents) , right?

Correct me if i'm wrong... I just want to make sure cause i am just about to submit all the documents next year and i want to gather all of the docs before i am going there...

Thanks in advance...

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
wolanila said:
its been 3 months for us and we submitted everything with the initial application, and our case is straight forward. I bet we will all hear something very soon. Stay positive ;)
Yes, three months for me also. Submitted the medicals on Sept 21st after getting AIP on the 18th. Fingers crossed for any day now for us all to hear good news.

pritha said:
Hi Guys!

I am just wondering what is stage 1 and what is stage 2 ? Is there any stage after those 2 stages ?

What i could understand stage 1 is when the sponsorship from your sponsor got approved so they called it Approval In Principles (AIP) right ?

and for stage 2 is when all of the principal applicant documents (incl. passport, birth certificate, police certificate, etc) that have been submitted to Vegreville are being process or check by the visa / immigration officer, right ? So when we're on the stage 2 we will not be ask to submit documents that has been told in the Document Checklist again (unless they ask us to submit different documents) , right?

Correct me if i'm wrong... I just want to make sure cause i am just about to submit all the documents next year and i want to gather all of the docs before i am going there...

Thanks in advance...
Yes Pritha, you have got the right idea. Stage 1 mostly focuses on the sponsor and stage 2 is all about the applicant applying for PR.

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
CanED said:
Yes Pritha, you have got the right idea. Stage 1 mostly focuses on the sponsor and stage 2 is all about the applicant applying for PR.
Thanks CanEd. Another question .. So i have not submit the application just yet cause i'm still in my home country. Planning to land in Feb 2013 on TRV. So, what i want to ask is altough i have a multiple entry on my TRV for a year, then when i landed in canada the border officer stamp my passport i only got few months lets say for like 1-3months , then what should i do? Cause i think within those time given by the border officer i don't have the time to submit the application within the time since i'm going to get married there.. Any advices?

Thanks again ;)

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pritha said:
Thanks CanEd. Another question .. So i have not submit the application just yet cause i'm still in my home country. Planning to land in Feb 2013 on TRV. So, what i want to ask is altough i have a multiple entry on my TRV for a year, then when i landed in canada the border officer stamp my passport i only got few months lets say for like 1-3months , then what should i do? Cause i think within those time given by the border officer i don't have the time to submit the application within the time since i'm going to get married there.. Any advices?

Thanks again ;)
In this situation , you will have to apply for a visa extension 1 month before your given time expire.
The visa extension currently take about 3 month,this way you get minimum 2 extra month to submit your application.
(you can stay until they decide about your visa extension)
Than when you submit you permanent resident application , send in the same envelope an Open Work Permit application, and ask for processing it after AIP (stage 1) granted. (this is going to give you implied status)

implied status is: when you wait for your visa extension or OWP decision from the immigration office. (you allowed to stay until they make the decision)

This way when you get AIP you get OWP in the same time and you can start to work. (if you submit OWP after AIP than it will take you 3 extra month before you can work)

OWP is a status, so you won't have to extend anything after that.

I think this is the best ,safest and cheapest way for you.

PS:Never run out of status, the important thing is to have visitor status , implied status or have the OWP.

When people say landed on the forum, it means they got their permanent resident application approved.(decision made on stage 1 and stage 2 & they go to the local immigration office to the landing interview)

Ossie-2

Oct 19, 2012
Reposting...
I'm resposting a quirky notion that I came up with...Computergeek and other vets, any takers?

Just wondering...if you have AIP, a visitor's record extending your residence, and a US visa, is it possible to go to the US, re-enter Canada, and apply for an OWP at the border? If so, it will offer a really quick option for OWP applicants with AIP rather than the 71 day wait (assuming one did not submit an OWP application with the PR application). I note that U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon are the only countires that you can visit and re-enter Canada without a multiple entry Canadian visitors visa. Opinions on this question will be most appreciated!

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Hi All,

I got my GCMS/Foss notes today and I am just in the process of trying to decipher them. I have read the GCMS dedicated topic and it was very helpful. As far as I can tell - Security is the only item remining. But I could be wrong. It is tough to get a proper grasp of the info - but i will print this evening when home. Nothing seesm to have been updated since my medicals appeared on Ecas - November 5th or there abouts. Anyhow - I will report any findings.
CanED

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CanED said:
Hi All,

I got my GCMS/Foss notes today and I am just in the process of trying to decipher them. I have read the GCMS dedicated topic and it was very helpful. As far as I can tell - Security is the only item remining. But I could be wrong. It is tough to get a proper grasp of the info - but i will print this evening when home. Nothing seesm to have been updated since my medicals appeared on Ecas - November 5th or there abouts. Anyhow - I will report any findings.
CanED
Security is annoying because they redact the information.

What's most likely then is that it's just awaiting a VO to review your file again.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
computergeek said:
Security is annoying because they redact the information.

What's most likely then is that it's just awaiting a VO to review your file again.
Thanks Computergeek!

Agreed, I think it was your post that said on the "guide to GCMS" forum that this could take anywhere up to years to complete! Fingers crossed not in this case! :D

It is confusing, but I'll have a right look tonight and go through the guide. What is involved in the security check does anyone know - I think I have passed security screening and RCMP testing seems to have been passed; I think the security portion was created in April according to the notes. That must take ages.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi guys!!

Omg! I haven;e been to the forum in like 4 weeks and Im happy to come back and read lots of good news!! Congrats to all of you that are almost done with this long process!!

I have a question for you guys! We sent or application only with my police check papers, my question is, its been already 6 months since we sent the papers and we only have the email saying they received the docs. (last month) we haven't receive the one saying they actually started the process .... By the time it happens (I know it takes long) my police checks (3 different) are going to be expired! Are they gonna ask me to send them again???

I didn't send the medical, how do I know when do I have to go and do it? Are they going to ask me for it or is better if I dont wait and do it as soon as they start the process?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanED said:
Hi All,

CanED
When did you request your Foss notes? we are still waiting for our electronic notes.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
wolanila said:
When did you request your Foss notes? we are still waiting for our electronic notes.
November 27th - so exactly 30 days.