+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

BelieveinGod

Jan 23, 2011
Decision made on July 4th - called call center and they stated all is approved - thank God!

How long before landing interview? No letter received yet. Has anyone received landing interview letter recently? If so, how long after decision made?

Please advise and of course thank you for your help!

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my letter today from Vancouver CIC. I'm landing on Monday (25th) at 8:30!!! ;D ;D ;D

My whole application process took 10 months! I'm so happy!!! I'll update you guys how it turned out...

By the way, does anyone know what they ask during the landing day interview? i read somewhere that they asked 3 questions... I just can't find it... How long does the whole landing thing take as well? We're thinking 3 hours tops?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
BelieveinGod said:
Decision made on July 4th - called call center and they stated all is approved - thank God!

How long before landing interview? No letter received yet. Has anyone received landing interview letter recently? If so, how long after decision made?

Please advise and of course thank you for your help!

Congratulations!!!

Landing interview schedule depends on your local CIC office. Where are you landing?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
whiteapple said:
I got my letter today from Vancouver CIC. I'm landing on Monday (25th) at 8:30!!! ;D ;D ;D

My whole application process took 10 months! I'm so happy!!! I'll update you guys how it turned out...

By the way, does anyone know what they ask during the landing day interview? i read somewhere that they asked 3 questions... I just can't find it... How long does the whole landing thing take as well? We're thinking 3 hours tops?

Congratulations whiteapple! I don't think it will be 3 hours, ours only took 10 minutes (interview). Calgary wasn't too busy at that time and we were first in line. Paid the PR fee 15 minutes before our scheduled time.

I posted this before and I'm just pasting it again for you;

You go to the office and take a number then give your name. The Immigration officer will call you into an office with your sponsor (who has to attend).

He/she will ask if you have paid the Right of Landing Fee - if you haven't, your sponsor will be taken to pay it then.

They will ask for your passport and the letter you got, and 2 photos.

They will ask you your eye color, whether you have ever been refused entry to Canada or asked to leave. They will ask you if you have any dependent other than those listed (if applicable). They will ask you if you have committed any crime or have criminal proceedings pending. They may ask if you are married legally ... they will ask your sponsor if he/she is your sponsor.

You will be shown a sheet of paper that has these questions on, when you answer them they will ask you to initial each place.

Then..... you sign within the green box..... and it's "Welcome to Canada" !!

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovely20 said:
Congratulations whiteapple! I don't think it will be 3 hours, ours only took 10 minutes (interview). Calgary wasn't too busy at that time and we were first in line. Paid the PR fee 15 minutes before our scheduled time.

I posted this before and I'm just pasting it again for you;

You go to the office and take a number then give your name. The Immigration officer will call you into an office with your sponsor (who has to attend).

He/she will ask if you have paid the Right of Landing Fee - if you haven't, your sponsor will be taken to pay it then.

They will ask for your passport and the letter you got, and 2 photos.

They will ask you your eye color, whether you have ever been refused entry to Canada or asked to leave. They will ask you if you have any dependent other than those listed (if applicable). They will ask you if you have committed any crime or have criminal proceedings pending. They may ask if you are married legally ... they will ask your sponsor if he/she is your sponsor.

You will be shown a sheet of paper that has these questions on, when you answer them they will ask you to initial each place.

Then..... you sign within the green box..... and it's "Welcome to Canada" !!
thanks for replying!!!

it says on my letter, seat 20. does it mean i'm the 20th person in line or its first come first served basis? if that's the case, i want to be first! :) i don't have to bring anything else aside from the list on the letter they sent me right? so its just a YES/NO questions then?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
whiteapple said:
thanks for replying!!!

it says on my letter, seat 20. does it mean i'm the 20th person in line or its first come first served basis? if that's the case, i want to be first! :) i don't have to bring anything else aside from the list on the letter they sent me right? so its just a YES/NO questions then?

Hmmmm... Vancouver is quite big so yeah maybe you are number 20. Calgary was different, we just showed our letter and they asked us to seat and wait to be called. Our letter doesn't have a seat number too!

We just brought the photos, letter and money although some of the people who landed with us brought their big binders and of course my identification (passport or government issued photo id for the sponsor). I started to panic when I saw their binders but they didn't ask for anything else.

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOOSE OF YOU WHO'S APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED IN OCTOBER 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. COULD YOU TELL ME WHO GOT AIP FROM VEGREVILLE, WHEN THEY RECEIVED IT AND THE DATE YOU GOT AIP!!!!!??????? :) :) :) :) :)

2. DOES ANYONE KNOWS HOW OFTEN VEGREVILLE UPDATES ECAS?????

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hi True Russian,

answering on your questions:

1. October applicants processing dates are described on the last pages of this thread (pages 383-387). Just reread it again.
Also check this page (Reply #5716 posted by Love_Younge): http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2010-t48144.5715.html
The last chart of 2010 inland applicants is presented here. May be Love_Yonge will have a free time to update the chart soon :)

2. usually people get the Ecas status updates at the end of week, but it can happen any day of the week. There is no specific rule.

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
pptk703 said:
Hmm what is Foss notes? How do I order it? How much does it cost? Is it necessary to order one?
Hi pptk703,
It is your choice to order FOSS notes. If you want to read more details mentioned during your application processing, you can order these notes.
It is free to order FOSS notes using Privacy Act, but you sponsor must be a Canadian citizen.
If you use Access to Information Act, it costs $5.

See my previous post about FOSS notes here.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2010-t48144.0.html;msg881371#msg881371

Hope it helps.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fleurette said:
Hi pptk703,
It is your choice to order FOSS notes. If you want to read more details mentioned during your application processing, you can order these notes.
It is free to order FOSS notes using Privacy Act, but you sponsor must be a Canadian citizen.
If you use Access to Information Act, it costs $5.

See my previous post about FOSS notes here.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2010-t48144.0.html;msg881371#msg881371

Hope it helps.
Thank you so much, fleurette! I need some help with filling out the form:
Section A:
1. Requester's Reference Number-what is it? Is it my client ID number?
2. Principle Applicant-Is this my sponsor (common law partner) ?

Section B:
1. Do I check "In Canada Immigration File" and fill in Vegreville for location?
2. Do I also check "Medical Files" "X-Rays" ? But I wouldn't know the file numbers..

How long will it take for me to receive the information by mail?

Thanks again for your help!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
BelieveinGod said:
Decision made on July 4th - called call center and they stated all is approved
Hi, could you share your complete timeline with us (preferably just copy the details on eCas)? That way we can have an impression of how long CIC took to process you. Thanks!

@True Russian: Give a call to CIC tomorrow afternoon. That will be 287 days for you and most people recently got processed within that time. The CIC call centre will probably have some good news for you (don't forget to ask on which day they made the decision!) ;)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
whiteapple said:
From what I read from others it doesn't take long. Probably it'll take an hour tops.
The three questions are:
1) Do you have any dependent children (inside or outside Canada)?
2) Is your address still the same?
3) Did you commit any crimes or got deported out of Canada in the mean time?

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeresaLynn said:
Have they attached your police certificate? Ours hasn't been attached. I am so worried about that. We have a tracking number, name and signature of the person who received it. I hope its attached soon.
Yes, Theresa, our Police Checks were attached on June 13.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
I don't know about mine, they attached our police certificate which we sent to them on 30th May 2011 or they are still waiting for proper time to attached. CEC how you know that they attached yr police? you called them or you can see it on your e-cas update? ? because when I call them their answer is wait wait wait........................

yyi

May 3, 2011
Hamilton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whiteapple said:

I also got the letter from Hamilton CIC yesterday, the landing date will be next Wed. 27th. I got DM on 15th June, but more than one month landing interview was scheduled. Anyway, this around 11 month trip has been done!

Good luck to everyone.