+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
oceans_end said:
anyone know people that have withdrawn their inland application and went outland? If we go outland in our country 80% of the cases are done before 4month+2 days at Missasuaga, we submitted our inland last April and got our AIP Jan 2011, May 2011 they send us a form to update applicants info which we send back a day later express, now Canada Post cannot "find" the letter, based on the tracking it got processed at the Edmonton Facility but nothing after that, so CP started its own investiagation which will take weeks, and the Immigration Canada call center said they send a note to some office that will contact me within weeks to send me another form.

I would have gone outland in the first place but we just had a baby and did not want to risk chance of a interview which will take 10hr++ flight to get to.
advice?

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wittywong said:
Hello everyone!

I have been a lurker (lol) of this forum since I started my immigration process last year. The community here helped me a lot in understanding many of the complicated issues around the family class sponsorship. You also kept my sanity by making me feel that I'm not alone in this journey. And with this I ought to share my timeline and recent update. For the longest time my, application status was "IN PROCESS" it changed to "DECISION MADE" last Tuesday night (around 1030pm). Yes, i have been checking my status probably every hour lol. It says:

We received your application for permanent residence on August 20,2010.

We started processing your application on October 15, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter June 6, 2011 to XXXXXXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I was crying for almost 15minutes and could not believe it. The wait is over. What is even more amazing is that the next morning, the immigration officer in my area (I live in Kelowna, B.C.) called me to schedule a landing appointment on June 15th. She said if I want I can pick up the landing appointment letter anytime so she does not have to mail it. And of course I said yes!

Thanks to all of you guys especially to LoveYoung who has been really patient in putting up the chart.
Congrats!!! Your whole process is less than 10 months :)
Thank you for sharing your timeline..Good luck on your interview! ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Sorry guys for not posting much. I have been having bad stomach pains for almost a year now and as of lately they are almost paralyzing. I could finally go to the doctor and did on Friday. (Such a relief). He wants to run some tests and then an ultrasound. Hopefully he can find what is causing this pain. I hope you all are doing good.

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
Love_Young said:
Sorry guys for not posting much. I have been having bad stomach pains for almost a year now and as of lately they are almost paralyzing. I could finally go to the doctor and did on Friday. (Such a relief). He wants to run some tests and then an ultrasound. Hopefully he can find what is causing this pain. I hope you all are doing good.
Good luck on that one.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Thank you. It has been very tough but now hoping for an answer and a way to get better.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
LY, do you think the stomach pain could be stress related from the long wait?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I was just checking out the chart and see that crazylucy and yyi are up next for approval.

crazylucy and yyi, have you guys called CIC yet to see if anything has been approved yet?

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Jurjen said:
Hi Sandra,

I travelled while in process, just before my temporary status would expire. Luckily I'm from a visa exempt country, so I do not need to request a new visa to return to Canada. Besides that, my girl friend was with me during the whole trip, so we went to the immigration desk together. I suppose it's assuring to the immigration officer that I'm not making up a whole story or using someone's name as a sponsor without the person knowing it.

Even if you need to request a new visa to get back to Canada, just have a look at the options and what will be the best way to request it. I'm sure a lot of people here can give you advice. With a good motive (like want to stay with your hubby in Canada awaiting the application to be processed) it's unlikely they'll refuse you.

If you don't want to take any chance: keep up the patience!

Hey,

Has anyone successfully left Canada while still in status and came back into Canada and got a visitors visa issued at point if entry. I thought 100 prevent you should not leave Canada while your in process with an inland application.

Please respond if you have! :)
L

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
I just replied to your personal message too. Nobody can prevent you from leaving Canada while in process, not even CIC. It's just a risk you're taking. If you get denied re-entry, then your application could be cancelled too. It doesn't mean that they're going to deny you BECAUSE you've filed an application. If everything is fine, they'll let you re-enter.

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC and they told me you can leave but you have to have a visa to re-entry! but of course is better if you stay in Canada untill you have the papers...just in case something happens...

Is so hard! i cant wait to go back to my country for a few weeks and see all my family!!!! :)

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
I just replied to your personal message too. Nobody can prevent you from leaving Canada while in process, not even CIC. It's just a risk you're taking. If you get denied re-entry, then your application could be cancelled too. It doesn't mean that they're going to deny you BECAUSE you've filed an application. If everything is fine, they'll let you re-enter.
Jurjen we both applied for the papers the same day :) when do u expect to receive yours????

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
wittywong said:
Hello everyone!

I have been a lurker (lol) of this forum since I started my immigration process last year. The community here helped me a lot in understanding many of the complicated issues around the family class sponsorship. You also kept my sanity by making me feel that I'm not alone in this journey. And with this I ought to share my timeline and recent update. For the longest time my, application status was "IN PROCESS" it changed to "DECISION MADE" last Tuesday night (around 1030pm). Yes, i have been checking my status probably every hour lol. It says:

We received your application for permanent residence on August 20,2010.

We started processing your application on October 15, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter June 6, 2011 to XXXXXXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I was crying for almost 15minutes and could not believe it. The wait is over. What is even more amazing is that the next morning, the immigration officer in my area (I live in Kelowna, B.C.) called me to schedule a landing appointment on June 15th. She said if I want I can pick up the landing appointment letter anytime so she does not have to mail it. And of course I said yes!

Thanks to all of you guys especially to LoveYoung who has been really patient in putting up the chart.
Congratulations wittywong! I am so happy for you. For the people who are waiting this are great news because it means that CIC is moving and things are going well.

Now I see that CIC started working in your application on Oct 15, 2010. That's means that CrazyLucy must be really close because CIC started to work in her application the same day! So, Crazy Lucy if I were you I would call every day CIC and don't be frustrated if the agents says that you have to wait a few weeks. They usually don't have any idea.

Good luck to everybody!

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
sandra_85 said:
I called CIC and they told me you can leave but you have to have a visa to re-entry! but of course is better if you stay in Canada untill you have the papers...just in case something happens...

Is so hard! i cant wait to go back to my country for a few weeks and see all my family!!!! :)
My wife is from a visa exempt country would she be abel to get a visitors visa upon re entry?

Her visitors visa expires July first we are thinking of resubmitting another visitors visa today or she leaves the country for a few days and when she re enters she gets another at the boarder.

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe261 said:
De dónde sos Sandra? yo de Argentina....
De Peru :). Hace cuanto tiempo estas esperando tus papeles?

When you go to your application status online , does it say that they have received your medical results?? Bc mine just says when they received the application and when they started processing it ! :S

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
sandra_85 said:
De Peru :). Hace cuanto tiempo estas esperando tus papeles?

When you go to your application status online , does it say that they have received your medical results?? Bc mine just says when they received the application and when they started processing it ! :S
Sandra acabo de mandarte un msj privado. Llevo 7 meses esperando mis papeles.