+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hiiii!!! i sent my application in October, they received in October and started processing in November... :( im still waiting for some news! is so hard to be in Canada without been able to work or travel! i need to see my family ASAP!!!!!

Someone has traveled outside t Canada while waiting for the papers??? i want to go to my country for a few weeks but im scared the are going to cancel my papers :S

Thank you guys!!!! finally i found people who understand me!!! lol

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
sandra_85 said:
Hiiii!!! i sent my application in October, they received in October and started processing in November... :( im still waiting for some news! is so hard to be in Canada without been able to work or travel! i need to see my family ASAP!!!!!

Someone has traveled outside t Canada while waiting for the papers??? i want to go to my country for a few weeks but im scared the are going to cancel my papers :S

Thank you guys!!!! finally i found people who understand me!!! lol
Hello Sandra,

If you applied in October you are close, maybe a month or a month and a half to hear something from CIC. Now, I have applied in November and I totally understand how you feel. I can't work or study either and I miss so much my family. But, don't leave Canada before getting your PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD! because you can have problems and all the time you have waited already won't mean anything.
Another advice I give you is that you should volunteer. You can do that (it is not illegal) and you gain "canadian work experience" then when you have your work permit you can put in your CV that you have been working where you volunteer and also it is a good way to be busy and practice your english (if english is not your mother tongue).
Anything you need just write in the forum or send me a personal msg.
Good luck!

Pepe

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesss! i know.... i've been working as a volunteer for a couple of months it was nice! now im looking for an other place where i can volunteer again!

And yes i have to practice my english! lol im latin!!! well hopefully we all can have all the papers we need to be HAPPY ! because this is too hard!

I guess ill have to wait more time before i go back to see my family :(

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
sandra_85 said:
Yesss! i know.... i've been working as a volunteer for a couple of months it was nice! now im looking for an other place where i can volunteer again!

And yes i have to practice my english! lol im latin!!! well hopefully we all can have all the papers we need to be HAPPY ! because this is too hard!

I guess ill have to wait more time before i go back to see my family :(
De dónde sos Sandra? yo de Argentina....

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys
just want to join you.
this is my first to post
I show my timeline, hopefully it will help
We received your application for permanent residence on April 12, 2010.

We started processing your application on June 24, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 24, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. (issued on Apr,6th,2011. received on Apr,18th,2001) -----I am in vancouver right now!

Now I still waiting for my final decision from CIC

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Welcome ppmmwanm. I would just like to know, were you given AIP and decision made at the same time. If not, what date did you get AIP approved on? Thanks.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Welcome ppmmwanm. I would just like to know, were you given AIP and decision made at the same time. If not, what date did you get AIP approved on? Thanks.

Thank you LY
I just get my AIP ,it is issued on Apr.6th, 2011.
And now i am still waiting for my final decision from CIC.
I called them, they told me that the security check is still in process.
But, I already pass the medical and background(crimial)check.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My case is processing for more than one year. It drive me crazy now.
My application was sent on Apr.12.2010, and I wait for 9months got a letter from CIC on Jan,2011.
On that time, I though maybe that was my AIP letter.
When I open it, I was so disappointment. It ask me to submit more information to support My husband and I relationship.
I mailed the extra information on the early of Feb,2011. But on the cic website it show me that they received it by the end of MARCH,2011.

So, I got my AIP using almost one year.

:'(

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hello people!

First, for ppmmwanm,
I was in a little bit similar situation, they received my appication at 4th of March 2010., they gave me AIP on 23rd of November but I had to ask for an open work permit which they issued to me and it got lost in the post office so I had to wait 2 extra months, and now I think that is is finally going to be all done.
My current time of waiting is 15 months and it will be 15.5 months when it all end.

This is my letter that I got today:
Dear Sir, Madam,
Thiss letter refers to your application for permanent residence.
In previous correspondence you were informed that you had been granted an exemption from certain legislative requirements ( I honestly do not know what the hell that means cause they havent said that in the last letter) and that you must meet all other statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. (honestly, wtf?! is this how it was for all of you that have landed already, in the letter..?). A final determination on whether you meet statutory requirements can only be made at an examination interview. (ok, is that landing interview or what??)
An examination interview has been scheduled for you on June 30, 2011..blabla.....
Please bring with you:
a valit passport of travel document
one photograph is required for each person in your family that is being processed for PR in Canada. (btw, they gave me instructions for a photo only in French but whatever)

If you have not already paid the 490$ Right of Permanent Residence Fee you will be required to make this payment at the time of landing.
If your application for PR was sponsored, the sponsor is required to attend this interview with you.

Ok people, is this it? Or is this letter a lot different from you landing interview letter from Immigration??

Thanks people.

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
ok, i just called them. And, for anyone who doesnt know this (like I didnt), when they write and examination interview it means that yes, it is your Landing interview, but they want to protect them self in a case that something changed and if the applicant did something against the law or whatever in that period of time until the landing, they do not want to write landing interview.

So, thats it.
Love Young, my date is nice and round, 30th of June!

Hugs!

smishsmash

Apr 3, 2011
Victoria, BC
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 9, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 20, 2010 started processing
pepe261 said:
Hello Sandra,

If you applied in October you are close, maybe a month or a month and a half to hear something from CIC. Now, I have applied in November and I totally understand how you feel. I can't work or study either and I miss so much my family. But, don't leave Canada before getting your PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD! because you can have problems and all the time you have waited already won't mean anything.
Another advice I give you is that you should volunteer. You can do that (it is not illegal) and you gain "canadian work experience" then when you have your work permit you can put in your CV that you have been working where you volunteer and also it is a good way to be busy and practice your english (if english is not your mother tongue).
Anything you need just write in the forum or send me a personal msg.
Good luck!

Pepe
Heya,
I had to leave canada because my visitor status was going to expire, so I went down to the US for a couple days and returned. I was really nervous about it, but it went fine. The immigration officer totally understood my situation and gave me the one year visitor visa upon my return. I did have a reason to leave though and I had my sponsor with me when I re-entered Canada. I haven't left since though because it's not worth the risk unless it's something major (death of a family member or something). Hang in there!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
sandra_85 said:

Hi Sandra,

I travelled while in process, just before my temporary status would expire. Luckily I'm from a visa exempt country, so I do not need to request a new visa to return to Canada. Besides that, my girl friend was with me during the whole trip, so we went to the immigration desk together. I suppose it's assuring to the immigration officer that I'm not making up a whole story or using someone's name as a sponsor without the person knowing it.

Even if you need to request a new visa to get back to Canada, just have a look at the options and what will be the best way to request it. I'm sure a lot of people here can give you advice. With a good motive (like want to stay with your hubby in Canada awaiting the application to be processed) it's unlikely they'll refuse you.

If you don't want to take any chance: keep up the patience!

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Spring 4.6
The examation interview that means landing interview. I am very sure that, b/c some letter just do that way.(who knows)

And,could I ask after your first stage, how long you wait for?
The security check seems taken a long time. I already wait 2months.
I call to CIC, they told me my medical and background check done on April ,11,2011 ( Just after AIP 5 days),and the security check is in process now.

wittywong

Jun 11, 2011
Hello everyone!

I have been a lurker (lol) of this forum since I started my immigration process last year. The community here helped me a lot in understanding many of the complicated issues around the family class sponsorship. You also kept my sanity by making me feel that I'm not alone in this journey. And with this I ought to share my timeline and recent update. For the longest time my, application status was "IN PROCESS" it changed to "DECISION MADE" last Tuesday night (around 1030pm). Yes, i have been checking my status probably every hour lol. It says:

We received your application for permanent residence on August 20,2010.

We started processing your application on October 15, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter June 6, 2011 to XXXXXXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I was crying for almost 15minutes and could not believe it. The wait is over. What is even more amazing is that the next morning, the immigration officer in my area (I live in Kelowna, B.C.) called me to schedule a landing appointment on June 15th. She said if I want I can pick up the landing appointment letter anytime so she does not have to mail it. And of course I said yes!

Thanks to all of you guys especially to LoveYoung who has been really patient in putting up the chart.