Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Thank you people! I know that I sounded silly but jeezzzz, I just want this to be over with. I will let you know about the date and have a fantastic evening everyone! HUgs!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, so happy that so many of us are getting good news, be it AIP, PR, or those like me who has just received that so expected landing date. I really hope the good news keep coming. :)

Good luck everyone, be strong!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hey guys,

This might be a dumb question but I want to ask it anyway. I live in Toronto and I was just wondering how will I know which office my husband will be landing in when he does land which is still very far away. I was just curious. Would it be Scarborough or Etobicoke?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Pepe, I am hoping for a nice 10 day jump this Wednesday. More would be great but I don't think that will happen.

I heard that they fly through the July and August months because not that many people file in the summer. Then I heard that they start to slow down in September. Did you guys find that it slowed down last September and going forward?

I also heard that CIC aims to always have a 6 months wait for AIP and possibly both but I don't know if that is true.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Yes, angtao expect it to slow down a bit in the fall. We noticed a real slow down around November and March. Unfortunately, there are a lot of holidays in the fall and winter months so that does impact the wait times a fair bit. Just stay positive and hope that they don't slow down too much.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I have a lot of people to congratulate and messages I want to reply to from a few pages back.
Might take me some time to do it though so hang tight.
For now though, I hope she don't mind me posting it here but HAPPY BIRTHDAY ditta!

sharifah14

Jun 6, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-12-2011
Hey Love_Young,
I was just wondering. When you say LANDED does this mean that the whole process is complete right up to the PR? If I were to apply for an inland spousal sponsorship for my boyfriend we were under the impression that the most important thing was to get past the step 1 because he would then be able to get his OHIP and an OWP. That's what the lawyer told us anyway.
Is this right? Just because I have been browsing through everyones starting and landing dates and I see that it took most people around 11 months for the full process. But what about the first step? How long would this take? Our biggest concern is to get my boyfriend working again.
PS. LOVE this forum. It has been so incredibly helpful for us. Thanks to everyone on here.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Yes, "landed" is the whole process being complete and the day I became a PR. And yes, the 1st stage is the most important as that is when they determine whether the sponsor and applicant meet basic qualifications and when your husband would receive his OWP. Usually inland applications come in two stages. The first being: Sponsor and Applicant met basic eligibility requirements The second being: the applicant passes medical, security, and background checks. The first stage usually takes 9-10 months and the second stage isn't as predictable but can take on average up to 9 months after AIP to finish. Lately though applicants have been getting approved for both the first and second stage together. Which is what happened to me. This is how most people are getting the application completed and PR in 11 months.

sharifah14

Jun 6, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-12-2011
OK then I have one more stupid question (I'm sorry but you have so much knowledge). The lawyer told us to go and get the medical examination already before we even submitted anything to the government but apparently they only need this for step 2?
Will they then hold his record on file for the second stage of the process or will we at a later date have to go back for another medical examination and did I just waste my money on this first one?

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
sharifah14 said:
OK then I have one more stupid question (I'm sorry but you have so much knowledge). The lawyer told us to go and get the medical examination already before we even submitted anything to the government but apparently they only need this for step 2?
Will they then hold his record on file for the second stage of the process or will we at a later date have to go back for another medical examination and did I just waste my money on this first one?
Hi Sharifah,

I would recommend that you send the medical examination together with the application. Don't wait to be asked to send it. The same thing withe the police certificate of your country.

Cheers

Pepe

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Some update on my application:

My application was approved and completed 29 april 2011
on the 6 th of may i receive the letter telling me that my application was sent to CIC Montreal for the schedule of the landing interview
Then i call the call centre and they tell me that they realized that they did a mistake because my application had to be sent to CIC quebec city
so Montreal rejects the application and sends it to CIC quebec city. at the start of june Quebec City receives my file and on the call centre they tell me that since the receive the application the waiting time for quebec city to schedule a landing interview is 2 months...... :mad: we live 650 km from quebec city so it will be a trip on its own to go there....

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
These are going to be the longest two weeks of our lives. Hubby ask me every morning how many days are left to land. He thinks he should start calling it his independecne day or maybe celebrate it as his birthday from now on... ;D ;D

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
komar said:
These are going to be the longest two weeks of our lives. Hubby ask me every morning how many days are left to land. He thinks he should start calling it his independecne day or maybe celebrate it as his birthday from now on... ;D ;D

Lol, I know what you mean. Can't wait for ours too. Longest two weeks? I'm confused now, so are you landing on July 21 or June 21? Coz if it's July 21st you still have about 6 weeks to go.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
lovely20 said:
Lol, I know what you mean. Can't wait for ours too. Longest two weeks? I'm confused now, so are you landing on July 21 or June 21? Coz if it's July 21st you still have about 6 weeks to go.
:eek: :-\ Its June21. I got to get my head examined :)

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
I submited my application Mar, 2010, they started processing June 2010, received AIP Jan 2011, then 1st week of may I received a form to "update information", previous work history, address history, clubs I belong to, Did I receive this because its the last step after they got my certificate and looked through my file, or does receiving this form simply mean its taking so almost a year and they want to see if anything changed (still reviewing my application?)