App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Big congrats to L_Y! Sorry I'm late. Also a hearty congrats to ditta and all my fellow inlanders who got more good news. L_Y I really can't wrap my head around you not getting your SIN. When I landed at Scarborough, all 50 or so of us were told that if we didn't apply for the SIN that same day, then we would have to wait until after we got our PR card. Everybody that landed that day was led to another waiting room to apply for the SIN. They never asked if anyone had a work permit etc. We were just urged to apply that same day to avoid the 8 week wait for PR card. I never got a stamp in my passport. I still haven't received my PR card and this week is 7 weeks. I hope I get it next week.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Thank you suenim. Wow, you all are lucky you were warned. I was the only one in my local office to land. Nobody ever immigrates here, really. Not to mention our Service Canada is a 40 minute ride away by bus. It is crazy. I really wish I had been given the opportunity to get one beforehand. Well, live and learn. Now I can advise other people of the right thing to do for sure. But me and ditta are in this together. ;)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
suenim said:
Big congrats to L_Y! Sorry I'm late. Also a hearty congrats to ditta and all my fellow inlanders who got more good news. L_Y I really can't wrap my head around you not getting your SIN. When I landed at Scarborough, all 50 or so of us were told that if we didn't apply for the SIN that same day, then we would have to wait until after we got our PR card. Everybody that landed that day was led to another waiting room to apply for the SIN. They never asked if anyone had a work permit etc. We were just urged to apply that same day to avoid the 8 week wait for PR card. I never got a stamp in my passport. I still haven't received my PR card and this week is 7 weeks. I hope I get it next week.
So basically when you have the appointment for landing after you sign you have to apply fro the SIN in the same office? what papers do you have to show to apply for the SIN? Do you need to have SIN to be able to start working? Thanks Suenim!!

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Inlandappl said:
So basically when you have the appointment for landing after you sign you have to apply fro the SIN in the same office? what papers do you have to show to apply for the SIN? Do you need to have SIN to be able to start working? Thanks Suenim!!
You're welcome L_Y. Hope you get it soon. Inlandappl, when I went to service Canada, the looked at my COPR document and then gave me the new SIN. The Scarborough office has both CIC and service Canada at the same location but it may be different from other landing offices. I don't know if this office being a larger one made a difference. About 50 of us were called to a hall and the landing took over one hour. Yes, you do need a SIN to start working. Good luck.

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hello LY,

I was wondering if you could update the chart with the dates of the applications process' steps of the 2010 applicants?

Pepe

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Congrats to Ditta and LY for landing as new import-Canadians! :-D

This morning the mail was surprisingly early and I have the morning off, since I did 16 hours of work yesterday. So I went down the stairs to pick up the mail. My thoughts as I grabbed the one envelope: for my girl, hahahaha spelled her name wrong. Who send it? Government of Canada, losers! Oops... It's CIC!

We were very happy to receive the letter to get the QSC! It's great, just before the Canada Post strike and especially because after all my Excel calculations based on other people's progress, I didn't expect that letter for another month!!! They're really working hard to catch up with the delay of last winter.

I'm just wondering: should I get her name corrected? They made an I out of an L in one of her family names. Does anyone have experience with this?

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Jurjen said:
Congrats to Ditta and LY for landing as new import-Canadians! :-D

This morning the mail was surprisingly early and I have the morning off, since I did 16 hours of work yesterday. So I went down the stairs to pick up the mail. My thoughts as I grabbed the one envelope: for my girl, hahahaha spelled her name wrong. Who send it? Government of Canada, losers! Oops... It's CIC!

We were very happy to receive the letter to get the QSC! It's great, just before the Canada Post strike and especially because after all my Excel calculations based on other people's progress, I didn't expect that letter for another month!!! They're really working hard to catch up with the delay of last winter.

I'm just wondering: should I get her name corrected? They made an I out of an L in one of her family names. Does anyone have experience with this?
Hi Jurjen,

I am not an expert but I would recommend that you call to CIC and found out the problem with your name. It could be a type error or they have your name wrong in their system.
Now, what does it means "QSC"?

Cheers

Pepe

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
Well my girlfriend and I got out conformation letters yesterday. Just waiting for the phone call for the landing interview! ( may have to be re scheduled because of my passport but am relieved to get AIP and PR at the same time )

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
kieran123 said:
Well my girlfriend and I got out conformation letters yesterday. Just waiting for the phone call for the landing interview! ( may have to be re scheduled because of my passport but am relieved to get AIP and PR at the same time )

Congratulations Kieran!

I'm hoping we receive the OWP today or Monday in the mail, yey! Canada Post please resolve your strike ASAP.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
pepe261 said:
I am not an expert but I would recommend that you call to CIC and found out the problem with your name. It could be a type error or they have your name wrong in their system.
I'm under the impression CIC Hot Line can't or won't fix a problem like that, so that feels just like a loss of time.

pepe261 said:
Now, what does it means "QSC"?
Québec Selection Certificate. ;-)

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
lovely20 said:
Congratulations Kieran!

I'm hoping we receive the OWP today or Monday in the mail, yey! Canada Post please resolve your strike ASAP.
I think you should get it today lovely20. Strike hasn't happened yet in Alberta ( I think ) so you should be fine. ;)

i tried to check their website this morning but it's down ( probably overloaded )

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
OWP AND AIP was approved yesterday - Woo hoo - I am so happy right now I even cried on the phone - the poor lady must have thought I was a nutcase!!!!
She was very nice even gave me my document number so I can provide it to my employer until I receive my letters. She did advise at this point everything is still being mailed by Canada Post. Fingers & toes crossed that BC and AB dont go on strike for at least 10 days!!!!!
Thanks everyone for the support and encouraging words - it has been a VERY tough week

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
kieran123 said:
I think you should get it today lovely20. Strike hasn't happened yet in Alberta ( I think ) so you should be fine. ;)

i tried to check their website this morning but it's down ( probably overloaded )
Thats correct Kieran - Just winnipeg on strike atm.

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
ardmac said:
OWP AND AIP was approved yesterday - Woo hoo - I am so happy right now I even cried on the phone - the poor lady must have thought I was a nutcase!!!!
She was very nice even gave me my document number so I can provide it to my employer until I receive my letters. She did advise at this point everything is still being mailed by Canada Post. Fingers & toes crossed that BC and AB dont go on strike for at least 10 days!!!!!
Thanks everyone for the support and encouraging words - it has been a VERY tough week
Armadac, that is amazing! Congratulations! These are the news that help me a lot to have hope and stay calm while I am waiting. Thank you for sharing good news.

Cheers

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ardmac said:
ardmac -

Congratulations for being approved, I think you are much reliefed right now. Hope you will get all of your documents before the strike.......