Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
boasorte said:
The delivery standard for Vegreville- Halifax(where I live) is of 7 days. All the mails I received from CPC-V took 7 days since they were regular parcel.
Since you live in NL it must be the same time as mine or 1-3 days later(according to the Canada Post website).

You will receive it soon, don't worry. And I bet you will get to land before me since your office is not too busy. :)
Well I can't remember my first extension coming in but the second one took 6 days from the time they mailed it until the time I had it in my hands. So I would say 6-7 days. I would definitely assume ours is around the same time for sure. I'm not too worried just impatient. ;) Well I bet we get a landing date around the same time. Do you know how long your office typically takes to set up an appointment? An agent said that mine would be 1-2 months but I take that with a grain of salt. I will just wait for the letter or call. Whenever that comes is whenever I comes.

angtao said:
Ly, where do you have to go to get your mail? Do they not drop off the mail in your mailbox at the house?

Also, I believe mail between provinces takes 3 business days so if they mailed it out on Friday then you will probably get it tomorrow.
I get mine at the Post Office. We have to walk down the road (5 minutes) to the post office to get the mail. The only thing that gets delivered to the house usually is if it is from a courier. And I am talking about my OWP/AIP they mailed that out on Wednesday and the Decision Made letter on Friday. Confusing, I know. Lol. :p

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
kieran123 said:
Updated to August 3rd!

Still not up to mine yet :(
That is still a really good jump like angtao said, even with a holiday in there. Better than them not moving at all right? ;)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
By the way, this is going to sound completely silly but I was hoping that after I land to get a copy of FOSS notes along with the copy of my whole application. (I want it as a keep sake of all we worked on and for future kids to see lol) So since my file will be in St. John's now, would I order the FOSS notes from there instead? If so, how do I find their fax number for FOSS?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Well I bet we get a landing date around the same time. Do you know how long your office typically takes to set up an appointment?
According to an agent from the call center it also takes 1-2 months for CIC-Halifax to arrange a landing interview.

I am also more impatient than anything else, I honestly just want this process to be over, too much waiting and uncertainty.

:)

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
kieran123 said:
Updated to August 3rd!

Still not up to mine yet :(

Yikes August 3rd! Not bad at all. So Mona, maybe we will have something by June 8? Too bad I'm traveling on those dates, would want to be by hubby's side when he calls CIC.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
boasorte said:
According to an agent from the call center it also takes 1-2 months for CIC-Halifax to arrange a landing interview.

I am also more impatient than anything else, I honestly just want this process to be over, too much waiting and uncertainty.

:)
Well then, that is just awesome. Wouldn't it be cool if we could land on the same date though? Double the excitement.
I totally know what you mean. I think I am more impatient now than for AIP. Now that I know I am completely approved, I am just like "Well then, come on, had it over." Lol. :p

It might be weird but I am completely excited to see what my local office looks like. I have walked past it ten million times already before. The windows down below are VERY tinted. It used to be nerve-wrecking though just going for a walk downtown and see "CANADA" plastered across the side of the building standing right tall. Its like, "can I not take a walk without being reminded?" And I always said that one day I was either going to walk out of the building the happiest person ever or the saddest because I knew either way that was going to be the last place it was going either for an AIP interview or for PR. Glad I can be the happiest person ever now though. Do you know what your office looks like?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Well then, that is just awesome. Wouldn't it be cool if we could land on the same date though? Double the excitement.
I totally know what you mean. I think I am more impatient now that for AIP. Now that I know I am completely approved, I am just like "Well then, come on, had it over." Lol. :p

It might be weird but I am completely excited to see what my local office looks like. I have walked past it ten million times already before. The windows down below are VERY tinted. It used to be nerve-wrecking though just going for a walk downtown and see "CANADA" plastered across the side of building standing right tall. Its like, "can I not take a walk without being reminded?" And I always said that one day I was either going to walk out of the building the happiest person ever or the saddest because I knew either way that was going to be the last place it was going either for an AIP interview or for PR. Glad I can be the happiest person ever now though. Do you know what your office looks like?
"I think I am more impatient now that for AIP. Now that I know I am completely approved, I am just like "Well then, come on, had it over." Lol. :p" - couldn't agree more with you on this one. haha

Yes, I do know what Halifax CIC office is like. I went there when my partner took his the citizenship oath. It's inside of a mall/commercial building. :)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Today I went to have my medicals done. Took off early from work, rushed to make it to my appointment. I arrive at the doctor's office: everything closed. Note on the door: "We're closed from May 25 to June 16." Looks like a vacation notice... They didn't know they would go on vacation when I called 7 days ago???? They couldn't even call me (I gave my phone number) to say that it got cancelled???? They're lucky the answering machine was already full, otherwise I would have filled it up with complaining about what idiots they are!!!

Unfortunately there's only 2 DMP's in Québec allowed to do the immigration exam, the other one is further away (doable though) and I need to take more time off work, since they close already at 4pm. *sigh*

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Jurjen said:
Today I went to have my medicals done. Took off early from work, rushed to make it to my appointment. I arrive at the doctor's office: everything closed. Note on the door: "We're closed from May 25 to June 16." Looks like a vacation notice... They didn't know they would go on vacation when I called 7 days ago???? They couldn't even call me (I gave my phone number) to say that it got cancelled???? They're lucky the answering machine was already full, otherwise I would have filled it up with complaining about what idiots they are!!!

Unfortunately there's only 2 DMP's in Québec allowed to do the immigration exam, the other one is further away (doable though) and I need to take more time off work, since they close already at 4pm. *sigh*

Arrggggghhhhh! What a total bunch of idi#%&ts! Sorry to hear that Jurjen. I'm surprised there are only 2 DMPs in Quebec while in Calgary alone I think we have about 10. So are you going to wait it out til June 16 or driving to the other one?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
I'll try the other one first. The previous one doesn't deserve it anymore.

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
August 3 update!!!Way to go CIC, looks like a few of us will definitely be getting some news in the next week or so - Lets keep each posted so that we have a good idea of the actual time lines rather than just what they post.
Sending positive thoughts to all that have not got news yet or still awaiting papers!!!

I have a really good feeling about this week a job I have been hoping to get looks like I have an interview so that is a huge head start for me. The hard thing I have found being in Canada is applying for jobs since I arrived (starting my 6th year in August!!!!) I personally find that even though I am very qualified for the jobs I apply for because they see my employment history from my home country and I live in a relatively small "who you know" town and many of the people of my nationality just come to party at the local ski resort (the reason I initially came to Canada!!) it is so hard to secure a interview. This job was actually a recommendation of one of my clients and it is my dream job so I will be over the moon if I get news of an interview and news of AIP in the one week.
Ive got to stay positive - and im sorry if I am rambling

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
WOOOOO HOOOOO! GOT MY PR CARD IN THE MAIL TODAY! ALL THAT WORRYING FOR NOTHING!! TOOK ALMOST 2 MONTHS

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Black-Berry said:
WOOOOO HOOOOO! GOT MY PR CARD IN THE MAIL TODAY! ALL THAT WORRYING FOR NOTHING!! TOOK ALMOST 2 MONTHS

Finally! Glad to hear that Black-berry, now you can travel!

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
Thats great news black berry - looking at your time line youve had a long wait

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Inlanders Friends,
Congratulations to Love_Young,
Teresa_Lynn & Boasorte what's going on?
Today we got our "Police clearance" from country of origin after 5 weeks, we already Xpress post it to Vegreville, now waiting for a letter for Permanant Residence interview date?

Any suggestion, advice, compliment, experience...............thanks