App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I applied in Quebec, so what should I hear from first?

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hello everybody...

Sorry for not writing before. I hope today we get good news from CIC specially our friend LY! I wish everybody a great week!!

Pepe

smishsmash

Apr 3, 2011
Victoria, BC
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 9, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 20, 2010 started processing
Love_Young said:
Actually they got the approval on May 12th. And I also just found out today that someone's application that was received on July 12th or maybe mailed out that date, either way, they got AIP on May 9th.

Nice to know I have someone to relate to but at least you know they are working on your file. In my opinion if they had had that document they had requested, you would have been done. We are definitely on the same page in the sense that we are from the US, it was received around the same time, and we are still waiting. That is really REALLY comforting to know I am not alone. Keep your spirits up we are almost done. I am praying we both receive good news soon. Best of luck. :)
Yes, I think you're right about if they had had the document I would have been done. Very sticky with my husband since I hate the fact that he was previously married to someone else and now that very thing has delayed the process. I was cool about it though- I think he was more bummed out about it than I was really. One positive thing is that we'll likely be able to work this summer- and that's a great time to make good money to get back on your feet. I bet you'll hear back before me! Buena suerte!

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
sent my application july 23,2010
vegreville recd july,26,2010
start process sept 30,2010
send additional infos marsch 30
now i can see in e cas.....

Lena

Nov 24, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Interview........
01-06-11
LANDED..........
01-06-11
Hello... I have an update + 2 questions.

Background: I sent my inland spousal application June 18, 2010. They started processing April 15, 2011. A week later I got a letter with my interview date June 1. According to a friend who did it last month, in Vancouver they get a bunch of people in a room and its more like an information session. I will ask the following questions:

1- I already sent the application for an open work permit. Will they give me a refund, and how?

2- How difficult is it to do a name change after I receive PR. After we married I didn't take my husband's name because I thought it would be too complicated with the application in process, but I will need to do the name change in the US and Canada this year. Any hints?

Thanks- Lena.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
I'm getting impatient waiting for the update for this week! Come on CIC, til what date are you processing???

smishsmash

Apr 3, 2011
Victoria, BC
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 9, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 20, 2010 started processing
Lena said:
Hello... I have an update + 2 questions.

Background: I sent my inland spousal application June 18, 2010. They started processing April 15, 2011. A week later I got a letter with my interview date June 1. According to a friend who did it last month, in Vancouver they get a bunch of people in a room and its more like an information session. I will ask the following questions:

1- I already sent the application for an open work permit. Will they give me a refund, and how?

2- How difficult is it to do a name change after I receive PR. After we married I didn't take my husband's name because I thought it would be too complicated with the application in process, but I will need to do the name change in the US and Canada this year. Any hints?

Thanks- Lena.
Lena,
I changed my name before I have recieved PR status! They are still processing me under my maiden name though it seems. I don 't think it's all that difficult. To make sure there are no big snags, I put my maiden name as my middle name and took his last name- no hyphens for me. That way, while all of my stuff is still being changed, I can always have my maiden name on there if there are any doubts or questions. The call centre agent made it sound like it would be no problem at all....hope that is actually the case. It's really easy to get a new Social Security card from the US but you have to mail in your passport, so be prepared ot be without it for a couple weeks. Where I'm unsure hwat to do is with my drivers license- then do I have to import my car and register it here? ugh. SOunds like a lot of paperwork.

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
lovely20, were on the same timeline for our applications...do you think another month and we should hear something?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
kieran123 said:
lovely20, were on the same timeline for our applications...do you think another month and we should hear something?

I hope so, I hope we receive AIP by the 10th month. I'm usually cool about stuff but when Wednesdays rolls in it drives me bananas!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hi everyone. Thanks for the ongoing support once again. I just woke up not long ago and it is 4:30 pm our time. And on the CIC site it says the hotline is open from 8am-4pm your local time so I guess it is closed for me for the day. I have no email from the e-Cas tracker so I guess no update there. Wish I had some news to offer but I guess maybe tomorrow. Anyway, who else can't wait to see the update to processing times?

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
CrazyLucy said:
I applied in Quebec, so what should I hear from first?
the first thing you will receive is a letter from CIC that asks you to go on with MICC (immigration quebec). you will then have to send an application to the government of quebec and pay 253 dollars
the quebec government is much faster than the federal government and will send you CSQ (certificat du selection du quebec) usually 3 weeks later(after you applied with them). after that CIC will send you an approval in pronciple letter (AIP) or a letter that will say that your application has been completed and that your local office will contact you for an interview ( the landing interview). Then the process is finished. these are the steps if everything goes OK

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Hi everyone. Thanks for the ongoing support once again. I just woke up not long ago and it is 4:30 pm our time. And on the CIC site it says the hotline is open from 8am-4pm your local time so I guess it is closed for me for the day. I have no email from the e-Cas tracker so I guess no update there. Wish I had some news to offer but I guess maybe tomorrow. Anyway, who else can't wait to see the update to processing times?
Me, me,me. I've been refreshing my browser every five minutes. For the last couple of weeks they usually have an update by 12:30pm my local time and i'ts 1 already!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lovely20 said:
Me, me,me. I've been refreshing my browser every five minutes. For the last couple of weeks they usually have an update by 12:30pm my local time and i'ts 1 already!
Ah...me too! :p Usually it is at about 4:25 or 4:30 pm my time but it is almost 5pm and still nothing.
I was wanting to call CIC after they have changed the processing date (past mine hopefully) so that when I call and if they try to tell me it is still in normal processing, I could prove it isn't. How can I do that without an update? Perhaps it is because it is my application that is holding it up. Lol. ;)

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Ah...me too! :p Usually it is at about 4:25 or 4:30 pm my time but it is almost 5pm and still nothing.
I was wanting to call CIC after they have changed the processing date (past mine hopefully) so that when I call and if they try to tell me it is still in normal processing, I could prove it isn't. How can I do that without an update? Perhaps it is because it is my application that is holding it up. Lol. ;)

Maybe they are processing until August. 8, 2010 already that's why it's taking time to update the site. Hahaha, wishful thinking!!!