Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
LY, I think you will hear something by next Friday as by then the date will change to about July 10-12 and we all know they work a few days ahead. I think by May 20th you will have an answer.

Does anyone have an answer for this question?

At what point does the sponsor find out that they have been approved for inland apps? Do we get notified by CIC?
Eek...I hope sooner than May 20th! :eek: I would say by the 13th of this Friday coming up for sure (or so I really REALLY hope).
And yeah, we all know that they work past those dates. And no the sponsor doesn't get any notification. You just find out when you get AIP which means they approved both the sponsor and applicant as well as the genuineness of the relationship.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Well I did get ahold of someone and he was nice/helpful.
He said that they are currently still processing it as of now and have not made a decision on first stage yet.
He said to wait about two more weeks but I suspect next week, what do you guys think?
Usually they over estimate. I would say the end of next week or right at the 10 month mark on the 16th. What are your guesses?

Hang in there LoveYoung, you are almost there! In the meantime, have a lovely weekend with your spouse.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lovely20 said:
Hang in there LoveYoung, you are almost there! In the meantime, have a lovely weekend with your spouse.
I will, thank you. We got the house to ourselves for the weekend and I am finally feeling better from this cold.
At least we will be getting news very soon. I am glad a tried to call so I wouldn't be wondering all weekend.
I hope you have a great weekend as well.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
LY, sorry for the May 20th prediction but 2 more weeks is nothing. You have been waiting this long, your on the home stretch now. I think you have a 50% chance of hearing by May 13 and a 100% chance of hearing by May 20th. You know how weird CIC is.

I can't believe we do not find out about the sponsor being approved ahead of time. I know I will be approved though as I have a good job and no criminal record and many more good things that come with being a sponsor.

One more question, has anyone ever seen approval of someone that has sent there application way after a processing date? For instance, someone that sent there app on say Nov.15,2010 inland and they get approved now or is this wishful thinking?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
angtao said:
LY, sorry for the May 20th prediction but 2 more weeks is nothing. You have been waiting this long, your on the home stretch now. I think you have a 50% chance of hearing by May 13 and a 100% chance of hearing by May 20th. You know how weird CIC is.

I can't believe we do not find out about the sponsor being approved ahead of time. I know I will be approved though as I have a good job and no criminal record and many more good things that come with being a sponsor.

One more question, has anyone ever seen approval of someone that has sent there application way after a processing date? For instance, someone that sent there app on say Nov.15,2010 inland and they get approved now or is this wishful thinking?
Actually every week you are closer feels longer and longer. Ask anyone, it feels like the final week takes months. So really 2 weeks isn't like nothing. But I understand where you are coming from. I might be too high spirited but I am 85% sure I will get an answer on the 13th or 14th and I am 100% sure about getting an answer on the 16th or 17th. And actually they are approved ahead of time but you just don't know of it until AIP comes along. And it really doesn't take anything to be approved as a sponsor. And yeah, that would DEFINITELY be wishful thinking. I mean mine was pretty wishful thinking but they wouldn't be processing that far ahead. Don't get yourself too excited yet angtao. ;)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
angtao said:

You never know , things may change soon and applications will get processed much faster, difficult to know, but look at when your application started getting processed and there is hope. Good luck again! ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Inlandappl said:
You never know , things may change soon and applications will get processed much faster, difficult to know, but look at when your application started getting processed and there is hope. Good luck again! ;D
They won't process that far in advance though but there is certainly hope they will start processing applications a whole lot faster.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
L_Y , I think for you it's all a matter of time. I am certain you will receive both AIP and PR at the same time. I have read about your relationship and it sounds pretty genuine to me and plus you are from the USA.

Hang in there! I know how bad this waiting can be. I am still waiting for my OWP, and Background checks. :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
boasorte said:
L_Y , I think for you it's all a matter of time. I am certain you will receive both AIP and PR at the same time. I have read about your relationship and it sounds pretty genuine to me and plus you are from the USA.

Hang in there! I know how bad this waiting can be. I am still waiting for my OWP, and Background checks. :)
I am sorry dear that you are still waiting on your OWP. Did you send it by mail or fax? I hear it is faster by mail.
Hopefully your background checks finish very soon. I can't wait to hear when you are to land. What office will you land at?

Aww and thanks. It would definitely be nice to be approved for both but I don't want to get my hopes up. For now I would just love AIP.
And yeah our relationship is as caring and as genuine as could possibly be. I love my hubby with my entire being and would circle the whole world a million times even if it was just to see him for 1 minute every day. He is my everything. :D I am sure you feel the very same way too.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for my OWP by mail on March 30, and the waiting time is of 45 days now !!!!
My CIC local office is Halifax, NS.

I will be able to work soon, that will make the wait a little more bearable I think.

I sent the Police Certificates mid-april, they will probably attach them to my file by mid-july, then I will start counting 9 months.
Maybe we are talking about another year of wait. :/ Hopefully I will have no urgent reason to leave the country during that time.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
boasorte said:
I applied for my OWP by mail on March 30, and the waiting time is of 45 days now !!!!
My CIC local office is Halifax, NS.

I will be able to work soon, that will make the wait a little more bearable I think.

I sent the Police Certificates mid-april, they will probably attach them to my file by mid-july, then I will start counting 9 months.
Maybe we are talking about another year of wait. :/ Hopefully I will have no urgent reason to leave the country during that time.
Oh that stinks, I thought it would around 30 days to get the work permit. Have you called to ask about it?
*high five* for being another applicant on the atlantic provinces. :) Aren't very many of those.
I would say that you won't be waiting too much longer after they finish the background check part of it. Keep your head up.
Aren't you from a visa-exempt country? I would say that if you are (there are no guarantees) but with proof of AIP/OWP you have a better chance of being let back in especially if it was an absolute emergency. They understand that people have to be together when emergencies happen. But lets not think that it is going to take a year or that an emergency situation will happen. Let's just hope and pray together that all will go smoothly and fairly quick.

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
suenim said:
I mailed mine on May 10, 2010 and they got it on May 13. It seems they have slowed down though so we have a bit longer wait.
Have you received your PR Card?

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
Black-Berry said:
Congrats Sophie!...
BB

Did you receive your PR Card?
How did you applied for your american visa?

I went to Platssburgh with my visa and they told me is not longer valid, so they let me pass but they told me I ned to get a new one as Canadian Resident, do you know something about it? :eek:

silvapriscila

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-07-2010
Here's my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on March 22, 2010.

We sent you a letter on July 15, 2010. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

We received the requested information on October 4, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on April 19, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I'm landing May 12th next Thursday! woooohoooooooooooooooooo I'm so gonna wear red and white for the interview :p

BelieveinGod

Jan 23, 2011
Congrats everyone who got good news from CIC. I'm sure we'll all get there soon.
Love Young, you are a great person and I'm positive that your time is coming very very shortly!
You have been so helpful to so many people, that you will be reaping all the rewards of your commitment, dedication and support to all of us.
Quick question, have anyone of you heard or know of an immigration staff or some agency body visiting your spouse's home country when doing the background check?

My mother-in-law told us today that a gentleman went to their house asking questions about my husband and I...He apparently introduced himself by saying he was sent by the Canadian Embassy... Is this a normal part of the process?