App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
L_Y, don`t give up hope dear! I felt the same way for weeks, then it happened and I`m sure it will for you too. Keep checking and try to be occupied with something else. I know it is very hard, but you will get through it! Big hug!

As per the police clearances, I do agree, I was very lucky- probably get a good IO, you never know how CIC works.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Love_Young said:
I am praying for good news for all of us too pepe261.

And I completely agree with both of you. I did try checking my status too on the automated phone service on the CIC number but nothing new there though. However, I tried to check for work permit status too and it acknowledged when that was received. I don't think they used to do that before. Perhaps that is a good sign then. Hmm...I am sorry for being impatient everyone but I am sure you all know how I feel or you will soon. Lol. :D
LY!!!....
I came to support you girl!!!......

They re normally off by a few days!. just relax!!... you know what helped me when it was towards that time?. I signed up for two personal trainignsessions just to keep my mind off immigration issues!. that helped tremendously!.

I do kn ow its so HARD esp after such a long wait!.
im routing for you!.

keep your mind OPEN have a Plan B!. this is so that you aint dissapointed!.
I know its prob so hard for you to even prepare right now but trust me it will help when it comes!!
CIC is CIC and trust me they will do whatever they will do no matter what!!..
Also be prepared!.

I have a good feeling for you!! :).
Cant wait for your time to come babe!!
LOVE and HUGS to you!.
You know where to find me girl!!. im here for you anytime!.
Love you girl!!
XXXXX

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Just wanted to add a few things i realised about this process!,
Please NO negatives!!.

Sending in Police clearance certificates AND the processingfees and the Medical all att he same time with youyr original application HELPS to reduce the waiting time.
When an office requests for a Police certificate or a medical etc, They can not do anything with that file at that time BUT they put it in a waiting pile and who knows yours might go to the bottom!!!.

What you wantr is when an IO looks at your file, they should make a deicion!.
MY IO told me all this!!
sending Minimal information (including no certs ) lengthens the waiting time.
So something to consider!.
im still waiting for my PR card although its been over a month!/ almost five weeks and still NO PR card !. :(

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
SORRY FOR THE HUGE POST. I had a lot of you to reply to. ;)

ditta said:
I just got our brown envelopes L_Y, it is the same big format as they usually send extensions, ect. in. My fingers are cressed for you, I`m positive that you get AIP/PR at the same time. :-*
Thanks for sharing what it looks like. Haha I am not sure I would get both but boy wouldn't that be a relief. By the way CONGRATS for receiving them. You must be so happy.

komar said:
SOOOOOOOOOOO we got a call from IO in Vegreville yesterday!!! 8)
Yay, congratulations! Sounds like you should be getting landing interview before long. Let us know when you do.

whiteapple said:
oh my.... i was just reading the forums...

were we supposed to attach canada police clearance? i didnt :( i went to the RCMP and they said that they dont release it unless asked by CIC. she even said that even if they give me one, CIC will still ask for a new one cuz its possible that i've committed a crime between those dates... :( i'm really worried now... i only sent a police clearance from my original country..
You are supposed to send police clearances for any countries you have lived in for over 6 months since the age of 18.
The RCMP check you don't need to request unless CIC ask for it from you.

rubykate said:
Hi guys,

I went for my landing interview today. It was very quick; we were done in about 10 mins. The officer just told me to review all the info and sign. Then, he stamped my passport and told me i will get the PR card in about 6 weeks. We had applied for an OWP also since my post grad WP was expired April 30, 2011. He said we didnt have to and should be refunded for that. Just wanted to let you guys know how it went. They did not ask any questions to my husband. Very straight forward for sure. He also said i wont get a new SIN# until the card is in. I am so glad this is all done now.
CONGRATULATIONS rubykate. Thank you so much for sharing your story. Glad things went smoothly. Enjoy your new lives in Canada.

CrazyLucy said:
This will be my first post in here. I am applying for Inland as well. I sent mine in August 25th and had started processing in October 15th. Still no word from CIC at all. I noticed that Lovely20 and I have almost the same processing times too! Maybe we could bounce off our time lines as time goes by!
Welcome to the thread. Hope you enjoy yourself here. I will add you to the chart. Good luck with the process.

ditta said:
L_Y, don`t give up hope dear! I felt the same way for weeks, then it happened and I`m sure it will for you too. Keep checking and try to be occupied with something else. I know it is very hard, but you will get through it! Big hug!
Thank you ditta. That means a lot. It is just hard to keep myself busy when I have been sick and having to rest for the past few days.
Right now my sickness is keeping me busy. Lol.

Black-Berry said:
LY!!!....
I came to support you girl!!!......

They re normally off by a few days!. just relax!!... you know what helped me when it was towards that time?. I signed up for two personal trainignsessions just to keep my mind off immigration issues!. that helped tremendously!. I do know its so HARD esp after such a long wait!. im routing for you!.

keep your mind OPEN have a Plan B!. this is so that you aint dissapointed!. I know its prob so hard for you to even prepare right now but trust me it will help when it comes!! CIC is CIC and trust me they will do whatever they will do no matter what!!.. Also be prepared!. I have a good feeling for you!! :). Cant wait for your time to come babe!! LOVE and HUGS to you!.
You know where to find me girl!!. im here for you anytime!.
Love you girl!!
XXXXX
Thank you for your tips and advice girl. As I told ditta though, the only thing keeping me remotely busy right now is whatever sickness I have. I have had to be in the bed for the past few days. Doing all I can to get rid of it and it just doesn't want to move on quickly. So I am pretty occupied with just getting better right now. And I don't really feel I need a Plan B plus we don't really have one for if we are refused. It isn't like hubby could immigrate to the US that just isn't even an option because of his disease. But anyway, I just don't feel like we are going to need one and I certainly hope not. I really pray that God will bless us with this approval. I feel confident that we should get approved. I really do. I can't see why we shouldn't be. All I ask is for everyones good luck wishes to get better and also for that approval. I just don't want to be sick if I do get approved. I won't even feel like celebrating then. It was perhaps a blessing we didn't get an approval yet because I am too sick to do anything now. Again thank you so so much for your ongoing support. You know I love ya girl. You keep me strong. *HUGS* :-*

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Love_Young said:
SORRY FOR THE HUGE POST. I had a lot of you to reply to. ;)

Thanks for sharing what it looks like. Haha I am not sure I would get both but boy wouldn't that be a relief. By the way CONGRATS for receiving them. You must be so happy.

Yay, congratulations! Sounds like you should be getting landing interview before long. Let us know when you do.

You are supposed to send police clearances for any countries you have lived in for over 6 months since the age of 18.
The RCMP check you don't need to request unless CIC ask for it from you.

CONGRATULATIONS rubykate. Thank you so much for sharing your story. Glad things went smoothly. Enjoy your new lives in Canada.

Welcome to the thread. Hope you enjoy yourself here. I will add you to the chart. Good luck with the process.

Thank you ditta. That means a lot. It is just hard to keep myself busy when I have been sick and having to rest for the past few days.
Right now my sickness is keeping me busy. Lol.

Thank you for your tips and advice girl. As I told ditta though, the only thing keeping me remotely busy right now is whatever sickness I have. I have had to be in the bed for the past few days. Doing all I can to get rid of it and it just doesn't want to move on quickly. So I am pretty occupied with just getting better right now. And I don't really feel I need a Plan B plus we don't really have one for if we are refused. It isn't like hubby could immigrate to the US that just isn't even an option because of his disease. But anyway, I just don't feel like we are going to need one and I certainly hope not. I really pray that God will bless us with this approval. I feel confident that we should get approved. I really do. I can't see why we shouldn't be. All I ask is for everyones good luck wishes to get better and also for that approval. I just don't want to be sick if I do get approved. I won't even feel like celebrating then. It was perhaps a blessing we didn't get an approval yet because I am too sick to do anything now. Again thank you so so much for your ongoing support. You know I love ya girl. You keep me strong. *HUGS* :-*
Hello LY, love reading your postings... Hope and despair for those who wait but I like "Things come to those who wait" so Love-Young... your approval must come before the end of this month!!!! Since you are in bed resting let me tell you that Im about to send all our papers but I have the feeling that im forgetting something... please help me out with this, the following is going :

Envelope – 1 – Sponsor Forms
Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A)
Relationship proof documentation and originals
Receipt (IMM 5401) – Sponsor/Applicant fees for $550 which also includes:
- $475 for the principal applicant
- $75 for the sponsor

Envelope – 2 – Applicant Forms
Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Remain in Canada (IMM 1249E)
Document Checklist (IMM 5556E)
Receipt (IMM 5401) – 150$ fees
In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status (IMM 5002)
Applicant’s Photos
Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5285)
Document Checklist (IMM 5443)
Medical Examination Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate – original
Receipt (IMM 5401) – Sponsor/Applicant fees for $550 which includes:
- $75 for the sponsor
Please tell me anything that you might see Im missing, forms have been revised 3 times... but Ihave this little voice is telling me and I dont know what... please please LY help me?
Cheers and thank you so much...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
canadiancitizen said:
Hello LY, love reading your postings... Hope and despair for those who wait but I like "Things come to those who wait" so Love-Young... your approval must come before the end of this month!!!! Since you are in bed resting let me tell you that Im about to send all our papers but I have the feeling that im forgetting something... please help me out with this, the following is going :

Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A)
Relationship proof documentation and originals
- $75 for the sponsor

Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Remain in Canada (IMM 1249E)
Document Checklist (IMM 5556E)
Receipt (IMM 5401) – 150$ fees
In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status (IMM 5002)
Applicant's Photos
Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5285)
Document Checklist (IMM 5443)
Medical Examination Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate – original
- $75 for the sponsor
Please tell me anything that you might see Im missing, forms have been revised 3 times... but Ihave this little voice is telling me and I dont know what... please please LY help me?
Thank you very much canadiancitizen. That was nice of you to say. I wish I felt better so I could help more but all I can do is to ask, did you look over the document checklist? Group all your stuff together and put it in order that the checklist is in (don't forget to include the checklist itself). Use a practice checklist first just to check off each box when you have each part then when you are ready to mail it off print a new one and check off the sheet as you go along again and include it with the PR app. Wish I could help more but hopefully this is good too.

Here is the checklist to go over: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5443E.PDF

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
canadiancitizen said:
- $75 for the sponsor

- $75 for the sponsor

You are not paying the fees twice... :eek: It's only one $475 and 1 $75.
It is highly recommended (if you can afford it) to pay also the $490 for the residence.
Start your package with the check list, all forms and pictures and everything else will follow the check list order.

Hoe this helps

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Good morning everybody!

Any good news? I am willing to hear good news from somebody!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Gemauru said:
You are not paying the fees twice... :eek: It's only one $475 and 1 $75.
It is highly recommended (if you can afford it) to pay also the $490 for the residence.
Start your package with the check list, all forms and pictures and everything else will follow the check list order.

Hoe this helps
heheheh no, but hubbie paid both fees together... thk you for the advice... hope we can send this tomorrow... and yes, it helps...

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Did anyone of you paid the landing fees in advance? I thought that I have to wait for the landing interview and pay it then. How can you pay your local office ahead? Sorry, it might be a stupid question...

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
ditta said:
Did anyone of you paid the landing fees in advance? I thought that I have to wait for the landing interview and pay it then. How can you pay your local office ahead? Sorry, it might be a stupid question...
We want to pay these fees but the guide specifically say not to do so, to wait when asked... but if someone knows better, please advise.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
ditta said:
It also does say that the fee IS refundable!.
the reason they ask you to wait i guess if to help people who cannot afford it? and its also faster to pay it. and can quicken your process by two weeks.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
The following is a excerpt from 3900E, page 26 Sponsorship I - Spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children.

*Complete the Right of Permanent Residence Fee portion if you have decided to pay this fee with your application. The Right of Permanent Residence Fee must be paid before permanent residence will be granted. If this fee is paid with the application we will not have to contact you later. This could reduce your processing time by two months.

If anyone missed this in the doc review, I thought it might be helpful ...

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Black-Berry said:
The following is a excerpt from 3900E, page 26 Sponsorship I - Spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children.

*Complete the Right of Permanent Residence Fee portion if you have decided to pay this fee with your application. The Right of Permanent Residence Fee must be paid before permanent residence will be granted. If this fee is paid with the application we will not have to contact you later. This could reduce your processing time by two months.

If anyone missed this in the doc review, I thought it might be helpful ...
MASTERPIECE!!!
Thank you