Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Actually it isn't taken 10 months EXACTLY. Haven't you looked at the chart. It is actually taken 9 months and 20 some odd days.

Ugh...I don't even have any words for this. That is pathetic especially since we can tell by the chart they have already processing July 6th and above. I better get news next week. I can't take anymore of this wait.

I know what you mean LoveYoung. They say patience is a virtue, but maybe I don't have space for that virtue in my system right now. Sucks I know, but hey when you do get it we will have to celebrate big time! Let's keep each other strong!

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Mona_Barca said:
July 5th, it so disappointing......
Just to make you feel better, let me tell you that in Jan and Feb they moved something like 4 days in 3 weeks. You can well imagine our condition :) compared to that, they are moving at lightening speed now.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Actually it isn't taken 10 months EXACTLY. Haven't you looked at the chart. It is actually taken 9 months and 20 some odd days.

Ugh...I don't even have any words for this. That is pathetic especially since we can tell by the chart they have already processing July 6th and above. I better get news next week. I can't take anymore of this wait.
L_Y

I can understand your frustration, what I meant by 10 months is today is May 4th, and they are processing July 5th (so it is exactly 10 months)…….I do know that some people got approved and they applied after July 5th, but I am going with their processing time……….
Last week they advanced four days and they had two days off for Holiday………..
By looking at the chart it appears to be that people who have applied in August are more that those who applied in July…….

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovely20 said:
I know what you mean LoveYoung. They say patience is a virtue, but maybe I don't have space for that virtue in my system right now. Sucks I know, but hey when you do get it we will have to celebrate big time! Let's keep each other strong!
Lovely20
I am not feeling strong anymore, it is getting into my system………
The difference in time is one day of when they have received our applications, but it is 11 days in starting processing the applications, that may be means a number of people their applications were received on August 16th……….
P.S. Have you sent in a request for FOSS notes?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Mona_Barca said:
L_Y

I can understand your frustration, what I meant by 10 months is today is May 4th, and they are processing July 5th (so it is exactly 10 months).......I do know that some people got approved and they applied after July 5th, but I am going with their processing time..........
Last week they advanced four days and they had two days off for Holiday...........
By looking at the chart it appears to be that people who have applied in August are more that those who applied in July.......
Actually they always work 4-10 days past that date. It has been proven time and time again here.
If you want to go on and believe what CIC posts on their site (which is no more accurate than the advice CIC agents give you) then please do that but you are just setting yourself up for more disappointment that way. Why believe the date they post when it has been proven by other members they always work past that? Not to mention the date they post on the site are for those that ALREADY got the mail. That is why that date isn't accurate.

angtao said:
July 5 is terrible. They only moved 6 days.

I think that they are working a few days ahead of July 5 as 2 people received answers and they sent there's July 6.
Yeah it definitely isn't that great of a jump but good news is we do know that last week they were working past that.

komar said:
Just to make you feel better, let me tell you that in Jan and Feb they moved something like 4 days in 3 weeks. You can well imagine our condition :) compared to that, they are moving at lightening speed now.
I was just about to state that. 6-7 days is so much more progress than back in March.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Mona_Barca said:
Lovely20
I am not feeling strong anymore, it is getting into my system.........
The difference in time is one day of when they have received our applications, but it is 11 days in starting processing the applications, that may be means a number of people their applications were received on August 16th..........
P.S. Have you sent in a request for FOSS notes?
Hey Mona! This is getting on my nerves too! Well somebody pointed that out too that my processing start date was out of the sequence. But with CIC, I don't think they follow any sequence at all. They are unpredictable, that's for sure. Yes I ordered my FOSS on April 28, so I'm not expecting to get it until May 28. I know it's hard to be strong, but we don't really have any choice. I'm just here for you guys. I'm your morale booster this week, I was totally out of whack 2 weeks ago and you guys helped calm my nerves.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
SOOOOOOOOOOO we got a call from IO in Vegreville yesterday!!! 8)

She said our BG etc checks are complete and they have recieved the medical too. The only thing they need now is valid passport. She has recieved the letter where we had explained that the expired passport is with CBSA and they said they will return it at the landing interview and that we cant get a new passport without attaching the expired one with the application. The IO informed us that this is not correct.

She has taken the pains to call the CBSA and ask that our passport be returned to us!!!

She said the CBSA officer will call us once she has the passport in the local office and we can go collect it!!!

I tell you, this is some REALLY special IO. After how we were treated last time around by CIC, this IO is like a breath of fresh air. You see, she didnt have to call us or CBSA at all! She could have send them a letter at her convenience and closed the file with a BF date and we would have been left in the dark. Who know when CBSA would have replied and that would have dragged our application for several months.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovely20 said:
Hey Mona! This is getting on my nerves too! Well somebody pointed that out too that my processing start date was out of the sequence. But with CIC, I don't think they follow any sequence at all. They are unpredictable, that's for sure. Yes I ordered my FOSS on April 28, so I'm not expecting to get it until May 28. I know it's hard to be strong, but we don't really have any choice. I'm just here for you guys. I'm your morale booster this week, I was totally out of whack 2 weeks ago and you guys helped calm my nerves.
Lovely20 -
I ordered mine on April 29, we are always one day apart…………So, I should expect them by May 29th then!!!!

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
komar said:
SOOOOOOOOOOO we got a call from IO in Vegreville yesterday!!! 8)

She said our BG etc checks are complete and they have recieved the medical too. The only thing they need now is valid passport. She has recieved the letter where we had explained that the expired passport is with CBSA and they said they will return it at the landing interview and that we cant get a new passport without attaching the expired one with the application. The IO informed us that this is not correct.

She has taken the pains to call the CBSA and ask that our passport be returned to us!!!

She said the CBSA officer will call us once she has the passport in the local office and we can go collect it!!!

I tell you, this is some REALLY special IO. After how we were treated last time around by CIC, this IO is like a breath of fresh air. You see, she didnt have to call us or CBSA at all! She could have send them a letter at her convenience and closed the file with a BF date and we would have been left in the dark. Who know when CBSA would have replied and that would have dragged our application for several months.

That's great news Komar! Well that's the best news so far for today.

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Mona_Barca said:
Pepe261

It is really not easy to wait for another week to look at the processing time.........It is going slower and slower, I remember days when it was 7 to 8 months.........Let us hope for the best and be optimistic...
P.S. BTW have they received your application on Nov 8th or Aug 11th?
They received my application on Nov 8, 2010. I believe me that I need my work permit, I need to work...

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh my.... i was just reading the forums...

were we supposed to attach canada police clearance? i didnt :( i went to the RCMP and they said that they dont release it unless asked by CIC. she even said that even if they give me one, CIC will still ask for a new one cuz its possible that i've committed a crime between those dates... :( i'm really worried now... i only sent a police clearance from my original country..

rubykate

Feb 26, 2011
Hi guys,

I went for my landing interview today. It was very quick; we were done in about 10 mins. The officer just told me to review all the info and sign. Then, he stamped my passport and told me i will get the PR card in about 6 weeks. We had applied for an OWP also since my post grad WP was expired April 30, 2011. He said we didnt have to and should be refunded for that. Just wanted to let you guys know how it went. They did not ask any questions to my husband. Very straight forward for sure. He also said i wont get a new SIN# until the card is in. I am so glad this is all done now.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
rubykate said:
Hi guys,

I went for my landing interview today. It was very quick; we were done in about 10 mins. The officer just told me to review all the info and sign. Then, he stamped my passport and told me i will get the PR card in about 6 weeks. We had applied for an OWP also since my post grad WP was expired April 30, 2011. He said we didnt have to and should be refunded for that. Just wanted to let you guys know how it went. They did not ask any questions to my husband. Very straight forward for sure. He also said i wont get a new SIN# until the card is in. I am so glad this is all done now.
Ruby Kate,

Which CIC office did you land in?

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
any approved applicants waiting to land at the Kitchener office? Has anyone on this forum landed at the Kitchener office before - could you please share your experiences? I have been waiting to hear from this office since April 14 and wanted to get an idea on their processing times. Local offices seem to have processing times on their own !

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
This will be my first post in here. I am applying for Inland as well. I sent mine in August 25th and had started processing in October 15th. Still no word from CIC at all. I noticed that Lovely20 and I have almost the same processing times too! Maybe we could bounce off our time lines as time goes by!