Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
hello, this is mi!
my boyfriend is finally a PR now!

appointment time at 10-11am today, we were there at 9:20am, there were about 20 people in one group with the officer. we had to wait for the next group. the office came back to us in about 10 mins, he checked off my boyfriend's name and our group had about 10 people.

he took us to the second floor and waited in line for the receptionist to check our files, pictures and of course payment. everything was done in 1 large conference room. there were 5 officers. the set up was temporary. we sat down for about 10 mins, another officer called us and took the payment. we bought a money order.

we sat down for another 20 mins, the lady officer called our names (both of our names). she asked for his passport, my driver license. after answering few questions, eg) do you have any questions about your landing, have you committed any criminal in canada, do you have any dependents inside or outside of canada, very general stuff. he answered all NO and signed the paper work.

she took my boyfriend's work permit back and stamped on his passport for landing, congratulated him becomes a PR.

the total process took 1 hour, we paid $1 for underground parking, thanks god it is saturday, it would cost us $10 if it is weekday.

there are few interesting thing, i recommend to take pictures from Costco, they take good picture, as the officer said his picture is nicely done. for inland spouse landing, you only need 1 picture. the form says two, because it is generic for all cases.

for our case, because of the renovation of edmonton local office, they don't take credit card and cash. we have to get money order or certified cheque. The appointment letter says credit card payment may be made by internet, however, the online system doesn't allow to send payment directly to local office. call center agent suggested may be sent to Ontario, but it will take local office few weeks to get the money. therefore, it is not recommended.

ok, my boyfriend is cooking lobster now :p, our celebration! he keeps asking me "how to cook this, how to make that", it is very distributing.... :mad:

i am trying to remember as much as i can ;)

yep, the lady next to us was in trouble, because her marriage status changed after her application, i think she is applied under working class. the officer said they can't change her status today and she would need to go through all the process AGAIN! (i was initially thinking i heard these wrong, but i confirmed with my boyfriend who heard the same thing) i am not sure what AGAIN means, maybe apply the interview again or so.

one important thing, it will take about 4-6 weeks to get the PR card. after that, he can get his new SIN number (he has a SIN card with first number is 9 which means for temporary residents, i believe it is no longer issued, he got it 10 years ago). it is not recommended to leave the country before PR card, because you will need to apply for the PR visa in the oversea embassy.

that is pretty much :p

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012

mi

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB + Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
19-02-2011
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
thanks TeresaLynn, hope you will get yours soon :)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Thanks, I am already Canadian, it's for my spouse, we hope to hear something in the next few weeks :)

gwaii

Oct 21, 2010
Hi people !

Wondering if anyone here that sent there application to vegreville in January 2010 has landed yet? It seems that some applicants from April and May of 2010 have landed already (congrats!!) or will do so shortly, however I haven't noticed any January applicants who've finished with their process .. Anyone here that applied in 2009 still waiting??

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
mi said:
hello, this is mi!
congrats :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
mi said:
hello, this is mi!
why cant u guys get SIN card now? when i got landed at the same conference room there were workers from Service Ontario and they fixed my papers for a new SIN card which i received the next week.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Congrats to people got approved......so happy for you

I wish my day would come soon.... ;D (plz let me dream, don't wake me up :) )

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Congratulations mi, what a wonderful story and thank you for sharing.
Enjoy a beautiful life together in Canada.

Anyway, could some of you help me? I can't remember how to fill out the FOSS note request form. ::)
Do I leave the "Requester's reference no." and "ATIP file number" blank?
I think I do but I want to make sure I am right.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Janadian said:
Good Advice!

My hubby was in a huge car accident 3 weeks ago and had to go to the hospital. Because of the 3 month wait he has to wait another 4 weeks till he gets his health card. We are just waiting on the huge bill the hospital has coming to us.

The sooner you can apply for your health card the better. Don't wait because you never know when you going to need medical care.
im so terribly sorry to hear about your honeys accident :( is he ok? hugggssss to you! hope it gets better! problems come in threes right? keep your head up bb!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Do I leave the "Requester's reference no." and "ATIP file number" blank?
I think I do but I want to make sure I am right.
Yes you should leave both gaps blank.

Also make sure to tick FOSS(Information in Canada)option not the In Canada File(FOSS included) one. :)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, today March 21, marks the 10 months mark since my application was received by CPC-V.

I called the call center last week, and according to the call agent "they haven't started working on my application since they are working on app. received on May 11". She wasn't able to see any remarks regarding my file. She also said that I should expect to hear back from them in Mid-late April. :'(

My e-CAS has stopped working! I had noticed it on thursday and I was reminded by the e-CAS tracker on saturday. I have no idea why it has happened. :S

Hoping to hear good news from you all this week! :)

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gwaii said:
Hi people !

Wondering if anyone here that sent there application to vegreville in January 2010 has landed yet? It seems that some applicants from April and May of 2010 have landed already (congrats!!) or will do so shortly, however I haven't noticed any January applicants who've finished with their process .. Anyone here that applied in 2009 still waiting??
Hi gwaii, We sent application January 2010 and still no news.. maybe soon.

Congrats for all that had good news, received AIP and got PR!!!

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Black-Berry said:
im so terribly sorry to hear about your honeys accident :( is he ok? hugggssss to you! hope it gets better! problems come in threes right? keep your head up bb!
Hey BB! so nice to hear from you. Yes luckily he is ok. They said he was lucky to come out of it with his life, he ended up with Sitches and some pretty nasty gashes. But he is all fixed up now. :) Things are looking better these days, hubby is working, got his OWP and just 1 week later he had a job. And many job offers :)

We are just hanging in there waiting to hear from CIC about medical for my step son, according to CIC there is no way to really get a update on what is going on in my husbands country's Visa office. So we gotta just wait it out.

We will be landing soon enough though. ;D

I'm suuper excited! Whats going on with you guys? I bet you are just can't wait for that letter in the mail saying you need to come for landing interview.

Hope to hear from you again soon

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
gwaii said:
Hi people !

I am January 2010. And still waiting :S