Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
boasorte said:
you know what? I saw that coming actually, I just didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to sound like a downer.

I did a little math and if they keep having a progress of only 3/4 days per week I won't be hearing anything until april.

It's just frustrating.
i sure hope that won't happen.... my work permit expires in march and i didn't send an OWP application along with my PR application :( i want to be able to keep on working!! sigh

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Frustrating....but it could be worse, we could all be away from our loved ones! But difficult none the less.

Added stresser, our application has only been at Vegreville for 4.5 months and I am traveling next week to see my family (my Dad is ill and I need to go home) so it doesn't make it any easier to have to think about crossing the border to top it off.

Oh man, just venting a bit! i may take a few days away from the forum just to get myself together.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
cutieshashie said:
i sure hope that won't happen.... my work permit expires in march and i didn't send an OWP application along with my PR application :( i want to be able to keep on working!! sigh
I would say that when the time comes that you need to extend your stay as a visitor though. It is important to keep in legal status. The only way you could keep working is if you got a LMO and new work permit. Hopefully you won't have to consider those options though and you get AIP before then. Either way you will have to apply for an OWP after AIP though and you can't get the work permit if you don't have any status since AIP doesn't give you new status just makes you eligible to apply for an OWP. So I think you will have extend your status anyway. Hmm...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Teriskier said:
Frustrating....but it could be worse, we could all be away from our loved ones! But difficult none the less.

Added stresser, our application has only been at Vegreville for 4.5 months and I am traveling next week to see my family (my Dad is ill and I need to go home) so it doesn't make it any easier to have to think about crossing the border to top it off.

Oh man, just venting a bit! i may take a few days away from the forum just to get myself together.
Aww so tough isn't it? It isn't fair. *hug* Very true though we are lucky that we are with spouses but still the wait is tough knowing we are with our spouses and are only having to wait to make it official and start our lives together already. May you have an easy trip home and easy time coming back. Is your partner/spouse going with you? I am very sorry about your Dad. And vent all you need to, that is what we are here for and we aren't going to judge you for it. We all need to do it now and again. And I agree, I may be taking even more time away from here. I just need to focus on other things and enjoy all the time I am guaranteed here with hubby. I need to feel "normal" for a little while. Hope you come back soon though.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
fleo said:
If Vegreville is really so terribly understaffed they should consider taking volunteers. I'm sure every inlander stuck here with no work permit would very happily put in at least 40 hours per week *sighs*
I can't agree with you more...... :-\

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with the "we could all be away from our loved ones", but I don't think this makes me easy about this whole waiting process.
Seeing my partner having to struggle because we are 2 living with one income is hard. Not being able to pay for the mortgage, groceries and so on is really hard on me, it feels like I am taking advantage of him even though I am not, he tells all the time that this is temporary but I can't put that in my mind.
I think CIC should be a little nicer and at least give those who are here on a visitor visa the opportunity to get an Open Work Permit, it would be good for the government since there would be one more person paying taxes and spending money, and it also would be good for those waiting 9 to 18 months to be able to work, to make the wait a little easier.

Anyways, what's left for us is the wait, so let's wait. But let's be together, It is really good to know that I am not alone, and there are many other people out there in the same situation as I am.

:)Best of luck !:)

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
Love_Young said:
I would say that when the time comes that you need to extend your stay as a visitor though. It is important to keep in legal status. The only way you could keep working is if you got a LMO and new work permit. Hopefully you won't have to consider those options though and you get AIP before then. Either way you will have to apply for an OWP after AIP though and you can't get the work permit if you don't have any status since AIP doesn't give you new status just makes you eligible to apply for an OWP. So I think you will have extend your status anyway. Hmm...
Thanks for the advice. That's what i thought. I approached my employer yesterday letting him know of what's going on so he's going to get an LMO. I wonder how long it usually takes them to issue it. Time to do more research!

Best of luck to everyone! Here's to hoping CIC will speed up soon...

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
I am getting seriously depressed now. Here I was... hoping to hear something by middle of this month. Now they slowed down. The call centre rep just told me if I don't hear anything by the end of March I should call them. Yippee :mad:. There goes all my plans. :'(

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suenim said:
I am getting seriously depressed now. Here I was... hoping to hear something by middle of this month. Now they slowed down. The call centre rep just told me if I don't hear anything by the end of March I should call them. Yippee :mad:. There goes all my plans. :'(
Same here Suenim, the thing is that I was not expecting a positive answer at all, I just want to hear something from them, be it an interview or a refusal, I was expecting to hear from them middle of Feb. now I won't hear anything by end March/beg. of April. That's just frustrating, I don't know if I wanna cry or just give everything up, having my life the way it's been it just too hard too handle. And from Immigration I have learned something, it never gets faster or better it's always the opposite. Unfortunately!

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
TeresaLynn said:
Congrats Sgnv. I agree with you, it does make you more nervous. I must be a wonderful relief for you and your spouse.
Indeed! The process took over 1 year (more than we expected), so I got a bit freaked out by reading other people's experience, I was calling almost everyday CIC and obviosly the Call Centre Agents were telling me the same over and over. Finally things came into place, so my only advise to every one in this process: have patience, lots of patience. It is very frustraded not knowing what and when to expect the approval, but at the end is all worth it. :)

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Well, a little good news - OWP arrived today, dated Jan. 27th! We did send an application with the PR package but as it was misprocessed we had to send another after receiving AIP. Processing time 3 months, almost to the day... not bad for what must be a crazy holiday season, I suppose!

Hang in there all... i know it SUCKS but we're getting there! Good luck and a very belated happy new year!!

BTW: still no word on those criminal checks.

EDIT: driver's license was no problem, a simple exchange and

RE: HEALTH CARDS

You may register for your (Ontario) health card at any time after getting AIP, the coverage begins 3 months after the date of your AIP. No need to wait 3 months to apply, you can get it out of the way beforehand no problem. Just in case this helps someone. :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
We received your application for permanent residence on February 9, 2010.

We started processing your application on April 27, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted (AIP)

We received the requested information on January 14, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on February 2, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

i wonder what do they mean by last line. i sent only one piece of information. maybe they forgot that they wrote it down already :)
anyways, it doesnt worry me much. just gives a little more hope that they doing smthing with my app.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I have to do some research where I`ve seen the same lines written by someone else, Asta- but I do remember he/she talked to the call centre and was told they got the requested info and who knows why there was a double line in e-cas.

For the others, I`m getting very frustrated also, and agree if they cannot keep the pace, hire and train enough stuff- maybe by 2012 it is going to take 14 months to get AIP? My husband yesterday just said they probably try to keep it as slow as possible, the world comes to the end in 2012 anyways... :D
CIC should make it possible for spouses to be able to work in the meantime they wait. Isn`t it better for the economy and the goverment? No, it is better to go slowly insane and come out at the end with a huge debt due to only the Canadian half can hold a job and finance the family. Wouldn`t it help newcomers to adapt, get Canadian experience and have stronger chance for a succesful life once they get their PR?
I cannot complain as I never had to experience being restricted to do nothing but wait, but if I did not live in a town which has a very special jobmarket, I would do the same.

There has to be a limit until they can strech processing time..or I am very naive to even think it is not going to require more and more time. Is there such an increase in the number of applications that makes backlogs or tell me how come they need 10 months for the same thing they could do in 6 months not so long ago.. ??? ???

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
I suppose that the government doesn't give work permits before first stage approval to discourage people to come to Canada that have no business here. It might encourage people to send applications that are just doomed to fail and the applicants know this. It's only a way to enter the country and maybe become an illegal alien. I can follow the way of thinking in that. But it's sad indeed that Vegreville takes such a long time for processing. They should spread some applications over both that office and the one in Missassauga to keep up.

By the way... I found the website Trackitt.com. Some people might want to sign up there? Just to keep statistics of what's happening.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
hey all!,

ive been keeping away from here just because ive been going through some tough times in my personal life that i didnt want to post anything. i recently lost my lovely little niece of five months old and no its wasnt SIDS. she was born premature and did so so so well!!. she just died suddenly!.its been really devastating and really sad and that just made the immigration process nothing.

secondly is our familyfinances have been really bad. there is only so much time you can live on savings on!. especially if you have 3 kids like us. so needless to say with neither of us working, things were tough!. i got as job but its only part time and its only me and there is no way we will make it with one parent working part time. so im looking to couple it wih a few other jobs which means time away from my three children plus stress!. (Wish me luck!) what i thought woul;d be 40 hurs a week ends up only being a few hours a week to 40 depending on when we will work so its not a set 40 hrs a week!. so ya BUMMER!....

I was looking back and catching up on here and i realise how different my immigration process is from 95 percent of the people here!. From even the way i recieved my FOSS notes to my interview which was different !. everyone elses story here seems to be all similar and normal but mines is one of the few cases that has taken a slightly different turn of events which leads me to be scared because i dont know what will come up next!. as per normal and what i shoul epect next is my PR right??. well what else could it be!. I hope thats what i get and no other nasty turns/surprises!!!! hehehehhehehehehehhh

Anyway congrats to all that have got AIP/WP/PR so far/. i know many of us are awaiting pr. for those who have gone past the first stage like me. special luck for you!. it wont be long now!. then we will all celebrate!.

And for those waiting AIP. my advise is.. keep yourself busy!. set goals ie losing weight, adding weight hehehehehheh... learning something new. i know i wanted to join a arathon and that was my goal so i started training for it!. i also realised i want another baby!!... so im just trying to start doing the babydance!
Lotsa love to you all and yes i guess its safe to say im officially back!......
Much love and prayers to all!...