+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asta said:
police clearance. i sent it in november. and they updated ecas that they received it on jan 14.
When in November ? If I may ask you :)

Corrine

Jan 31, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2010 Started Processing Jan 10,2011
AOR Received.
AIP Oct 26,2011
Med's Done....
22/10/2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made Nov 15,2011
LANDED..........
Dec 12,2011 Landed Etobicoke
Hey everybody, my husband is a failed refugee claimant he just got his negative decision. We kind of new this would be the result after consulting with lawyers, he simply did not have enough evidence to support his claim. So I opted to send in a spousal application Nov 21, 2010. On review of my application I noticed that I did not put N/A when the situation did not apply. Now I am stressing myself out in fear that they might send the appliction back, which will futher delay processing! What should I do? Its only been a few months so most likely they did not even have time to look at it. My husband has yet to apply for his PRRA and we are looking into defering his removal. We have a beautiful daughter and have been married since 2009, applying outland is going to be a drag if need be, but at least they tend to process these apps faster! Well we have a long journey as if it has not been long enough sigh.............

E

emmagail

Corrine said:
Hey everybody, my husband is a failed refugee claimant he just got his negative decision. We kind of new this would be the result after consulting with lawyers, he simply did not have enough evidence to support his claim. So I opted to send in a spousal application Nov 21, 2010. On review of my application I noticed that I did not put N/A when the situation did not apply. Now I am stressing myself out in fear that they might send the appliction back, which will futher delay processing! What should I do? Its only been a few months so most likely they did not even have time to look at it. My husband has yet to apply for his PRRA and we are looking into defering his removal. We have a beautiful daughter and have been married since 2009, applying outland is going to be a drag if need be, but at least they tend to process these apps faster! Well we have a long journey as if it has not been long enough sigh.............
one thing to bear in mind though about outland, you may be called for an interview, that means going through immigration at the airport again.
I am going inland, and applying for a work permit, it its a refusal, im just going to stump up the money again rather than risk it

brightsage

Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2nd. 2K10
Med's Done....
March 2nd. 2K10
missha said:
I am in the process to do inland application. I have a couple of question.

1) Does you wife come on visitor visa?
2) If yes, then they would have definately has granted you for 6 months.
3) Then did you apply for extention of the visa? If yes, then
4) Did you apply with the application of permanent residence( when sponsoring your wife for immigration). And if you were to granted extension of the visa, how long did they gave it to you?
5) In the application form for the extension of visa, what reason did you mention of her coming to Canada as visitor.

not sure if this has been answered but i will add my comments.....

1. yes, my wife came on tourist/visitor visa
2. yes it was for an initial six months
3. yes we applied for PR inland, which automatically extends her visa until a decision is made
4. as far as i remember there is no application to extend the 6 month visa in the application for PR....as once you apply the visa is automatically extended until such time as they make a decision on the PR application....i think it states that somewhere in the information provided with the application....but it has been a while so not sure where i read that.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
4. u have to have legal status in Canada when u apply for inland sponsorship. best is to apply for open work permit together with inland application. it is same as u ask for visa extention just that when u receive first stage approval, u will be able to work too. if u dont apply for open work permit with application - when ur visa about to expire , u have to apply for visa extention (a month before it expires).

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
dudebr said:
When in November ? If I may ask you :)
november 8, together with OWP request (separate letters).

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
I totally necglected this blog for 2 months, cuz it was making me more nervious and paranoid, just by reading all the ups/downs of other users. Anyways, here is an update on my case:

E-CAS shows the following on my Permanent Residence App:
We received your application for permanent residence on January 8, 2010.
We started processing your application on March 13, 2010.
Medical results have been received.
We received the requested information on January 12, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
**Jan 25/2011 rcvd my AIP & OWP; now the police background check is pending and as soon as is received @ CIC-Veg, if everything goes smooth, immigration will issue my PR :)
It took over a year to get everything done and approved, so good luck to everyone and never give up! ;)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Congrats Sgnv. I agree with you, it does make you more nervous. I must be a wonderful relief for you and your spouse.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Hi Rob!

Great to see you back and happy to hear you had no hassles at the border :)
Hope you had a good time in Mexico and welcome to the winter storm today!

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
oh no! CIC's slowed down :( working on applications received April 19, 2010. and now initial assessment is 9-10 months

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
cutieshashie said:
oh no! CIC's slowed down :( working on applications received April 19, 2010. and now initial assessment is 9-10 months
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :eek: (I seriously just did that scream in real life!)
This was not at all what I wanted to hear. I was just having hope and getting closer.
Seriously this is unjust to be putting us through this all because we want to be with our spouses during the wait. Doesn't make it any easier or that we don't have bills to still pay like every one else. Ugh....sorry guys but I have no positive notes to say today but wish I did. Only positive to this is that I still get to be with hubby longer and probably guaranteed to get to be here still for our first wedding anniversary. I don't know what to do guys. I feel like my whole hope crumbled down in front of me.

Why such an increase in wait times? Seriously, I don't understand it.

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
Love_Young said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :eek: (I seriously just did that scream in real life!)
This was not at all what I wanted to hear. I was just having hope and getting closer.
Seriously this is unjust to be putting us through this all because we want to be with our spouses during the wait. Doesn't make it any easier or that we don't have bills to still pay like every one else. Ugh....sorry guys but I have no positive notes to say today but wish I did. Only positive to this is that I still get to be with hubby longer and probably guaranteed to get to be here still for our first wedding anniversary. I don't know what to do guys. I feel like my whole hope crumbled down in front of me.

Why such an increase in wait times? Seriously, I don't understand it.
i know hey... i was hoping they'd be working on the end of april by now .... argh!!!!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you know what? I saw that coming actually, I just didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to sound like a downer.

I did a little math and if they keep having a progress of only 3/4 days per week I won't be hearing anything until april.

It's just frustrating.

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
If Vegreville is really so terribly understaffed they should consider taking volunteers. I'm sure every inlander stuck here with no work permit would very happily put in at least 40 hours per week *sighs*

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
boasorte said:
you know what? I saw that coming actually, I just didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to sound like a downer.

I did a little math and if they keep having a progress of only 3/4 days per week I won't be hearing anything until april.

It's just frustrating.
Don't worry boasorte I saw it coming too but I just kept telling myself, "It won't happen. It won't happen." Guess I was lying to myself.
I won't be hearing until May at this point. What went from waiting only about 2 months left went to 3 just in a blink of an eye. I hate how they can do this to us.

fleo said:
If Vegreville is really so terribly understaffed they should consider taking volunteers. I'm sure every inlander stuck here with no work permit would very happily put in at least 40 hours per week *sighs*
fleo, if that ain't the darn truth. I would gladly volunteer to work. They need to be looking at fixing this problem soon. I have put my life on hold for 2 years now and been away from family. 1 month doesn't seem like much but when I am waiting to start our life together, it is too long. Guess I am selfish though in thinking that.