AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
Janadian.....Did your IO tell you anything about what was outstanding for your husbands 2nd stage. I receved our FOSS notes and it said RCMP was all that was outstanding.....we've been waiting 4 months for just the RCMP checks.

a_p

Jan 28, 2009
Hi folks,.. long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread!). I'm a Canadian citizen who has been working on obtaining PR for my American wife who has been working and living in Canada for the past 5 years. We submitted inland application around middle of August 2010. The waiting SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!

Couple of questions I haven't been able to QUITE determine from this thread...

1. The only way I know it got delivered is through Canada post tracking. Is that the same way everyone else knows it's gotten there or is there something I'm missing? I think we mailed it on Aug 15 or so, and the tracking was signed as recieved a couple of days later.

2. I can't get in to eCAS at all. Whether I try her client number, or receipt number, I get nothing. I tried calling the call centre, and every time they tell me it will be 9 months before I hear ANYTHING... like it's sitting in a big bin somehwere and nobody is even going to touch it again for months. From this thread, I know that doesn't seem to actually be the case!

Thanks everyone... it's quite the journey!

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Vincywife said:
Janadian.....Did your IO tell you anything about what was outstanding for your husbands 2nd stage. I receved our FOSS notes and it said RCMP was all that was outstanding.....we've been waiting 4 months for just the RCMP checks.
Hey Vincywife,
Our IO gave us a bit of a flip flop at the end our meeting..He said:
"You can go ahead and apply for a work permit now"

Actually...
" You might not want to bother because you will probably be landed before you recieve your work permit in the mail"

Actually...
"You have a child abroud in Jamaica that is waiting to be processed so you wont be landed until they respond to our request for his medical, maybe you should just go ahead and get a workpermit"

He said that they need 6 things to complete his application for PR.

1 His Medical-they have it
2 His criminal check for Jamaica-they have it
3 His criminal check for Canada-they have it
4 His child medical-awaiting it from Jamaica
5 Backround check-info provided in application
6 We don't know what the other thing was...

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
Hi A_P,

You should have been able to log into ecas at least by now. Call them back and ask what information they have on file for you. such as te client # and spelling of the last name. maybe you guys are just keying it in differently from what they have on the system.

Yes I'm afraid you wont know much until the 9 month mark. you don't get any confirmation besides canada post and ecas until 9 months when you get your letters.

Sorry

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
Hey Janadian,

I see you have a few extra obsticles seperate from what we are dealing with. I hope you do get the medicals soon though. Thanks for the response.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
For all the people that have the blues: I know that CIC can make you nervous, scared or anxious of what the future might bring (will you be approved or not and when will you get an answer). Whatever the answer might be, there's one thing they can't take away from you: a positive state of mind. If you face everything with enough hope, hapiness and optimism, things don't seem to be less bad. Never panic, always think that there must be another solution in case your previous attempt didn't work out the way you planned it.

Set yourself a challange: smile more! Give a friendly smile to that colleague at work, give a smile to that other person in the elevator, to someone you cross in the street or in a shop... You'll see it gets contagious and soon people you smile a lot too, will start too smile back and to other people as well and affecting those in their turn. Soon everyone around you will be smiling a lot more and everyone will feel happier.

Try it! It really works! :)

deer30

Dec 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAAHHHHH!!!!!! I checked e-cas and........ a decision has been made!!!!*****

I'm soooooo excited!!!! At last my husband can start working!! :D

WHHHOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
For all the people that have the blues: I know that CIC can make you nervous, scared or anxious of what the future might bring (will you be approved or not and when will you get an answer). Whatever the answer might be, there's one thing they can't take away from you: a positive state of mind. If you face everything with enough hope, hapiness and optimism, things don't seem to be less bad. Never panic, always think that there must be another solution in case your previous attempt didn't work out the way you planned it.

Set yourself a challange: smile more! Give a friendly smile to that colleague at work, give a smile to that other person in the elevator, to someone you cross in the street or in a shop... You'll see it gets contagious and soon people you smile a lot too, will start too smile back and to other people as well and affecting those in their turn. Soon everyone around you will be smiling a lot more and everyone will feel happier.

Well said!!!

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
congrats deer30!!!

lpeacock

Dec 29, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 30, 2010
Hey again guys,

So, I just got my letter (dated Jan. 7) for my permanent residence interview. My interview is scheduled for Jan. 19. Do you guys have any tips? What should I expect? Will they ask my husband and me a lot of questions?
Just wasn't sure what I should expect. That's potentially good news for you inlanders! I'm being processed at the Vancouver office, I got my AIP on Dec. 21 and my interview is Jan. 19. So it looks like it shouldn't be an additional 9 months for full PR after all.
Thanks for your help my lovelies!

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Sounds like there are a lot of CONGRATULATIONS happening!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations to -Kris13 Whoo Hoo OWP!!!
- -Janadian- ist is nice to have the "proof"!
-Deer30...yay decision made!!!! You will have your brown envelopes very soon!
-Ipeacock..great news!!!! You will be landed by wed next week!!!

Teriskier- don't quote me on it but I think if they have opened your application and started processing I don't think you get your $$ back??? Or it takes 2 months to get back??? I am only trying to remember what I have read on previous posts. I would call CIC and ask. I would have done that if I had found out soon enough but was only 1 month from AIP so stuck inland app.

Some good news happening lets hope it continues next week!

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

rhysmdavies84

Feb 1, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
AOR Received.
25-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
OWP 13-01-2011
My ECAS just changed!!! Whoo hoo!

It now says Decision Made - about time!

It says that they have received my medical results and they have sent a letter to my address.

Getting Close now!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Seems like is time for a long list of replies and sorry for the long post just had a lot of people to write to. And it also seems I have some more updating the chart to do. Yay! CONGRATULATIONS to all who got good news recently. So happy for you!

rhysmdavies84 said:
My ECAS just changed!!! Whoo hoo!

It now says Decision Made - about time!

It says that they have received my medical results and they have sent a letter to my address.

Getting Close now!
Woo CONGRATULATIONS rhysmdavies84. I actually think you got PR interview letter and AIP. Usually when it says they mailed a letter to you, that means you get the landing interview. I would call CIC today and find out what the decision was. Wooo so happy for you.

lpeacock said:
Hey again guys,
So, I just got my letter (dated Jan. 7) for my permanent residence interview. My interview is scheduled for Jan. 19.
Oh yay such wonderful news lpeacock. I bet you didn't expect you were going to land so soon. That is so wonderful. I am sorry I don't know any thing about the landing part but maybe you could make a thread about it if no one here knows. I just wanted to say how very happy I am for you. Please come back and let us know how it goes. CONGRATULATIONS!

deer30 said:
AAAHHHHH!!!!!! I checked e-cas and........ a decision has been made!!!!*****

I'm soooooo excited!!!! At last my husband can start working!! :D

WHHHOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!
Woooo!!! Omg so much good news today. So happy for you. I told you I was hoping that you would hear from them soon and you did. Yay! Hope you are going out to celebrate because you all deserve to. Let us know when you get anything in the mail, when he gets a job, etc. I love hearing all that good news. Again CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for sharing with us.

Jurjen said:

Thank you so much for your inspiring words. I am sure they enlightened everyones day. I will definitely do what you recommend.

Teriskier said:
I think it has to do with cold, short January days...soon it will be spring and everyone will head back outside again :). I have a random question, does anyone know if it is possible to with draw an application from inland and send one outland instead (without loosing any money that has already been sent to CIC). Processing time in the US is so much faster then here, I feel like if I send it to Buffalo I could land in the next six months (at least that is what the trend appears to be on this forum).

Ugh, it is so frustrating sometimes. Anyways...thanks for all the positive little notes yesterday, they did help a bit and as you all said we are in this together.
Yeah I agree that I think the winter is what is making people a little bit more down than usual so hopefully come spring everyone will cheer right up. And believe at about this time in the process like you I questioned withdrawing my application and applying through Buffalo but I remembered the reason I applied inland and stuck with it. I mean the truth is, there is no guarantee of you getting PR from there in 6 months because some are still waiting for almost a year. I would just keep up with the application because most importantly you are already on the right path to PR (just like everyone on this forum is) and that you get to stay with your spouse/partner. Just take it a little bit at a time. It does get easier once you get past the 3 month mark. Plus if you need uplifting, we are always here.

Janadian said:
We got our little brown envelopes yesterday!!! Yay! :D

One says I'm approved as sponsor and the other says my husband passed stage 1

I know we knew it already from Tuesday, but its soo nice to be official

Happy Friday everyone!
Woowoo that is such an amazing thing to hear you say. I mean yeah you knew was official but nothing can replace the feeling of the official documents making it more "official". I know if I get them I will just keep starring at them hoping the page doesn't just start to change to a different answer lol. The hardest part is over for you dear and I am so happy that you can now move on to settling down. Must feel so wonderful. CONGRATULATIONS me and hubby are so proud of you two.

Black-Berry said:
WTH is happening here?. everyone seems to be down of late i notice!.. :(. We are many december/january applicants who havent been landed i guess!, But if you think about it, we are within the time limit!. its just so hard to believe that my 1 year is almost up and still havent been landed!. the upside is.. at least i have a job and i have AIP!.
Also things financially for us have been so bad!. Most of our savings is almost used up!. we do have a house and 2 cars though!. but that wont feed us!.. we have definitely tightened our belts on the spending area beause nothing is jyust moving!. .
I feel consoled because i am not alone. i feel consoled because i can come here and vent without feeling awkward. I will feel so much better once more of us are landed. I know i have AIP and it coud be worse but one doesnt help to think i am within the processing times which is 18 months and am barely gone through 1 year!. And i have 6 more months to go to be landed!!.. so going by that time its more in june/july!. eeek!. I pray and hope for all of us that we are ALL landed sooner than that!!. .
We are all in this people!. lets hang in there!. it will soon be over and "huggggsss"" to everyone!
xxx
You dear always help me put a different light on things. But as I said, you do have more than others and I am so glad you are beginning to feel better about things. Of course I am so happy about you getting a job. I am proud of you for staying strong and pushing on. I hope that everyone here does land soon. But the good part of it is, is knowing that you are going to get to land. Some people don't get to do that. And that is right. We are all in this together no matter what. We can keep each other strong. You go girl.

a_p said:
Hi folks,.. long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread!). I'm a Canadian citizen who has been working on obtaining PR for my American wife who has been working and living in Canada for the past 5 years. We submitted inland application around middle of August 2010. The waiting SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!
Hey there a_p and welcome to the thread. So glad you decided to post. Hopefully we can make this wait easier. My husband is the Canadian and I am the American wife. What state is your wife from? I am from Virginia. And yes the waiting sucks but the reward at the end when we receive it will make us forget all about this one day. Do you know what day you send your app in August or when it started processing? If you have that I can add you to our chart. I am sorry that I can't help more with your questions but I certainly hope that you receive the answers you are looking for. Hope you feel at home here. We appreciate new members coming in to talk. Again WELCOME and GOOD LUCK!

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
CONGRAT'S to everyone on their great news. 2011 is off to a great start!

Love_young: Hang in there girl. Your news is coming soon. wow and i think i can speak for eveyone when i say we will all be here to leap in joy for you when it does ;) You are always the bright and smily face of this forum.

BlackBerry: Hey girl hows the new job treating you? Will you be landing soon? I can't imagin it will be very long from now..

To everyone that posted wishes of luck and congrats to us this past week, Thank you so much. You played a part in making this an unforgettable experience for us. Won't be much longer now!

We are so pleased to have switched gears in our home and start planning for our future. Talk around the house these days is about saving $$$ for trip to Jamaica, landing fee, getting bigger home to accommidate another little person
living with us and all the items that go with that. And of course my hubbie getting a job :) OPW app goes out Monday.

Quick question:

When the IO typed my husbands approval letter he put the correct name and address at the top the correct client ID #, but addressed him with the wrong name at the beggining of the letter. Should we go back to them to have something done about this or should we just leave it and accept the mistake?

Eg:

Mr. Right name Client ID XXXX XXXX
222 street Ontario
Canada
xxx xxxx

Dear Mr. Wrong last name,
We are writing to you regarding you application for Perm.....

Any ideas?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Awww so very sweet of you Janadian. You have no idea how much that made me smile and made my day better. Thank you so much.

And I would probably call either CIC about the letter mistake or go back to your local office. I think you would have better luck calling or going to your local office though. I really don't think this means that they didn't approve him, they probably had other people get approved that day and while typing up the letter they accidentally remembered someone else that they needed to type a letter for. They are human and make mistakes without noticing them. I am sure they would fix it without any problem.

By the way, your plans so adorable and fun. I cannot wait until I can stop talking about if I will get AIP and instead start talking about getting an apartment, car, children, college, etc. When I can do that it will be so surreal and I will be so much more happier with my life. Not to mention there can't be anything better than being able to finally know you don't have to separate and that if you want to visit home, they will let you back in without risk of being separated. Ugh....I really hope I get AIP. 3 more months. Please God let this be the good news we are hoping for. We have done everything we can do for now.