File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
PMAry you need to send all the documents together with the application. There is a checklist that comes along with it that you need to follow or your application will be incomplete.

You have 3 options. You can apply to IN CANADA class, meaning all your documents will be sent to Vegreville and be processed soley in Canada. Pros of this is you can extend your work permit and be able to continue working in the same job until AIP at about 10 months when you would then be given an open work permit. If they have any doubts with your application your file could be sent to a local office where you could be called for an interview prolonging the whole process for months to years. There is no appeal in a inland application and you are advised to not leave the country throughout the whole thing. If you cant get back in the application will cease to be processed.

The second option is to apply with Manila as the processing office which is quite quick. The downfall to this if they require an interview you would have to return home and may not be able to secure a visa to return (unless you have a multi entry visa?).

The 3rd option which Im not sure is a good one. Is to apply to Buffalo. If the interview is required and you cant secure the US visa, you can't attend the interview.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
pmary said:
Can I submit more supporting documents between I get my file number and I receive my AOR ?

Because my husband want to fill the tax 2010 on January , and my police certificate from my country will be ready on April .

If I sent my application now , can I send these documents on April or May ?

Thanks in advance
u can send police certificate later. im not sure bout ur husband's tax return papers. u have to send all main documents that are listed in document check list.

if u applying outland, u have to send papers to Mississauga Ontario. in outland application u have to write which office u choose to deal with after Mississauga will approve ur sponsor.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
pmary said:
Can I submit more supporting documents between I get my file number and I receive my AOR ?

Because my husband want to fill the tax 2010 on January , and my police certificate from my country will be ready on April .

If I sent my application now , can I send these documents on April or May ?

Thanks in advance
Pmary you can sent Police Certificate later, and you can also use 2009 tax return papers if you want to sent your application in 2010. You don't have to use 2010 tax return papers, but if you do want to sent your application in January then you can still sent your application without the tax paper with an explanation that you are planning to send it on a later date. If you will look in to the document check list. It clearly says include Option C if you cannot provide it please provide explanation.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Some news is good news! Contacted CIC this morning, found out that my application was opened on November 14th (arrived on Sept 13th). Although information is still not available through CIC website. Hope this helps anyone who has recently sent an application

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
toxicair said:
that states that you can still stay 6 months unless the officer at point of entry specifically instructs you on your length of stay. So now I'm hoping the officer in Amsterdam doesn't say anything coz if he did that would totally break me.
On Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam) you won't see any immigration officer if you stay in the transit zone (I grew up in the Netherlands, so I know the airport pretty well).

The point is, you're not allow to stay longer than the expiry date on your passport. The only way to stay outside your country (if you don't want to become an illegal alien, which is not something that'll help your PR application) is to request a new passport. With your new passport you can request a new single entry visa. Or you request your new passport at your embassy in Canada. Upon receiving your new passport, use the new document number to request to prolongue your stay. Check with CIC if this is no problem with a different passport number.

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi CHLOE,

Like Asta said, if it has not been more than 90 days from the day you became "out-of-status", you should apply for restoration of your status with your PR application. When your PR application is in process, I do not think they will refuse your request for restoration, so you can get your status back. When you get your first stage approval, then you can apply for open work permit as well.

Hi toxicair,

At least you should try to remain your legal status before being out of status and apply for PR. Just apply for a visitor extension before your TRV expires , if they refuse you, then apply for a restoration of your status, and if they refuse you again, then you have no choice other than being out of status. If you request your visitor extension with your in-land PR application, I do not think they will refuse you anyway, so you won't be out of status. If you did all these, and still you end up being out of status, then apply for PR with no status, they will process your application like others, it won't effect to your application.

I was out of status when I applied for my PR. I got my PR in September.
I had a really hard time living in Canada with no status. I really hope my experience helps others in same situation as I was.

Mint

tplink

Nov 26, 2010
Teriskier said:
Some news is good news! Contacted CIC this morning, found out that my application was opened on November 14th (arrived on Sept 13th). Although information is still not available through CIC website. Hope this helps anyone who has recently sent an application
They received mine on Sept 7th. But it seems not likely that we will receive something before X'mas.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Hi tplink,

They said they will only send information if they are missing documents, but they may have still started your file. It maybe worth while to contact them. I just wanted the piece of mind knowing that it wasn't sitting at the bottom of a mail bin missing.

You can always call (it is easy if you already have a client id from another type of immigration document like Student/Work Visa) and they can at least inform you if they have started working on it.

-Teriskier

tplink said:
They received mine on Sept 7th. But it seems not likely that we will receive something before X'mas.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear kelKel , Asta and adzees

thanks so much for your reply.

toxicair

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
mint said:
Hi toxicair,

At least you should try to remain your legal status before being out of status and apply for PR. Just apply for a visitor extension before your TRV expires , if they refuse you, then apply for a restoration of your status, and if they refuse you again, then you have no choice other than being out of status. If you request your visitor extension with your in-land PR application, I do not think they will refuse you anyway, so you won't be out of status. If you did all these, and still you end up being out of status, then apply for PR with no status, they will process your application like others, it won't effect to your application.

I was out of status when I applied for my PR. I got my PR in September.
I had a really hard time living in Canada with no status. I really hope my experience helps others in same situation as I was.

Mint
Thanks so much for replying Mint!

I have one more question though. Is it possible that i can postpone my flight to a few days before my visa expires? because my mom had a heart attack yesterday. She's really sick now and I have to stay with her a little while. She asked me to stay a month with her. My visa expires the 23rd January. Will they let me enter the country? Can I just show them my ticket then and provide reason to the officer of my situation?
Can I still apply apply for an extension or PR or restoration of status?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
toxicair said:
Is it possible that i can postpone my flight to a few days before my visa expires? because my mom had a heart attack yesterday. She's really sick now and I have to stay with her a little while. She asked me to stay a month with her. My visa expires the 23rd January. Will they let me enter the country? Can I just show them my ticket then and provide reason to the officer of my situation?
If your visa states that you can enter Canada until the 23rd of January and you arrive on that day or earlier, you should be fine. I suppose the visa does not state until which date you're allowed to stay in Canada? Usually it's 6 months counting from the day you arrived. The visa is only for entering, after that day, you're still allowed to stay.

That's what I know about the theory, since I'm from a visa exempt country, I don't have any experiences with entry visa myself. :)

toxicair

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
I really do hope its like that.. I'm so stressed out right now. Really don't want to take any chances with these embassy people.. So I am really scared.. I hope I can enter before the 23rd of January and then be allowed to stay for 6 months :(

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello friends, I call agent lady, she said everyone has to wait atleast 8 to 9 months, than you have AIP....OWP....I-cas....etc. Is immigration offices also have long holidays during Christmas time?

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi toxicair,

I have read your posts on other thread, and as PMM has answered you that as long as you enter Canada before your TRV expiry date which is Jan 23, you will be fine. You can postpone your plan, and still come to Canada with your return ticket. I even do not think you will have to explain about your situation to officers at the airport. You will know how long you are allowed to stay in Canada when you enter(they give you a stamp on your passport), so you can prepare for a visitor extension. You do not worry about an extension right now, I think you can do it with your PR application after you get married. (Probably not a visitor extension but OWP you can apply with your PR, like everybody else here has done with their applications) Of course you can apply each of them (extension and PR application) separately if you have to.

Sorry that I was a little confused about TRV, because I am from visa exempt country and am not familiar with it.

Good luck!
Mint

toxicair said:
Thanks so much for replying Mint!

I have one more question though. Is it possible that i can postpone my flight to a few days before my visa expires? because my mom had a heart attack yesterday. She's really sick now and I have to stay with her a little while. She asked me to stay a month with her. My visa expires the 23rd January. Will they let me enter the country? Can I just show them my ticket then and provide reason to the officer of my situation?

perrinsa

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
27-06-2011
@Mint.. Congrats on getting your Landing and PR...

Being so close now to 9 months, Wednesdays are the worst for me.. I keep checking to see whether they have updated the processing time page. Not sure how the CIC work over the holidays, but it seems that my turn for AIP will probably only come in the new year... It has been so frustrating seeing the date move further and further away.. the processing time was 5-6 months when I submitted.

Anyway - the time is nearly up now.. heres hoping they have a little push before the holidays ;D