boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
We r soul mates sans age difference. Sans culture diversity and race diversity.
Their reaction is typical and natural for couples like us. Unfortunately couples like us have to go the extra mile. Have to undergo the extra precaution. And the extra scrutiny. I am tired of being judged because my soulmate is from a different race. I'm tired of being judged because my soulmate is older than me can I not love someone who is different than me? I am sure the reason is because of my skin colour and age difference. Not because our proof wasn't strong enough. Because we have years of savings together our kids are a product of our love.
Beautifully said B.B.
:)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
well said BB.. sorry to hear that..

so i called CIC call center today after not hearing any thing from CIC, and not having any updates on e-cas.

The agent told me he don't see any update either, and he sent an update request to Vegreville. He advised me to call back in 30 days if i don't hear any thing from them till them. So i don't know how long will it going to take now?

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
Thanks janadian. Hubby and I finish each others sentences I know what he thinks. I am also assuming that the reason they have transferred my file is due to my relationship.
Which brings me to the question. How do you prove to a total stranger that you are a genuine couple after being together almost ten years. After being married 8 years
How do you prove to a stranger through pictures? To me anyone can take pictures together it is not that hard to do that.
My hubby loves me so much! He is a hopeless romantic. Can a stranger truly see love when they look at 2 people? I know I will ace the interview in that case. We know each other inside out. He will tell u what I am thinking even if we aren't in the same room! He will tell u what I will wear tomorrow without his speaking to me.
Him and I were just laughing about it last night on how similar we are. We r soul mates sans age difference. Sans culture diversity and race diversity.
Their reaction is typical and natural for couples like us. Unfortunately couples like us have to go the extra mile. Have to undergo the extra precaution. And the extra scrutiny. I am tired of being judged because my soulmate is from a different race. I'm tired of being judged because my soulmate is older than me can I not love someone who is different than me? I am sure the reason is because of my skin colour and age difference. Not because our proof wasn't strong enough. Because we have years of savings together our kids are a product of our love.
I am ready for this. I am also glad I am in the next stage
I am so sorry to hear your story, Black-Berry... I know your feelings. I was always ready to hear form CIC telling me that they transfer our application to a local office, or calling us to an interview, or even not hearing from them for more than one year.... I was terrified during my process all the time but I was very much ready for all those which none of them happened. I knew the lady who was exactly in a same situation as me, and her app was transferred to a local office and she and her husband was called for an interview, so I was expecting the same, but I was very very lucky... I wish your case were like mine, I wish they did not give you this much hard time, but... now what you can do is just prove your love to your husband:) I would be more than happy to have an interview that I could prove our relationship in person if CIC had a doubt... so please show them how much you and your husband love each other and there is no reason to reject your app!!!

Mint

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
mint said:
I am so sorry to hear your story, Black-Berry... I know your feelings. I was always ready to hear form CIC telling me that they transfer our application to a local office, or calling us to an interview, or even not hearing from them for more than one year.... I was terrified during my process all the time but I was very much ready for all those which none of them happened. I knew the lady who was exactly in a same situation as me, and her app was transferred to a local office and she and her husband was called for an interview, so I was expecting the same, but I was very very lucky... I wish your case were like mine, I wish they did not give you this much hard time, but... now what you can do is just prove your love to your husband:) I would be more than happy to have an interview that I could prove our relationship in person if CIC had a doubt... so please show them how much you and your husband love each other and there is no reason to reject your app!!!

Mint
thank you M int..
Those are my thoughts exactly.
Give me the chance to proove my love and i will!. With no effort. Yesterday i was scared because i wasnt expecting this!. Honestl when i was putting that application together i knew in my heart it was love proof!. We are ready to be called at a moments notice and we wont be caught off-guard. It took me four months to put it together. including waiting for my police certificates from all the countries ive resided at . Today i am a new woman. Slept on it. woke up feeling great. bring it on!. that is how i feel i will give them way more than they ask for. I am still trying to get through to cic all morning humph...

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry,

Hi, I was just searching about Victoria office if I could find anything...
You might have already read about this but...on the other thread, they were talking about landing at the local office who applied out-land, and usually people need to make an appointment and it takes 6+ weeks, but at Victoria office people do not have to make an appointment, they can just walk in during business hours. So I thought that means Victoria office is not busy at all!!!
You might hear from them soon, Black-Berry!

Mint

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
mint said:
Black-Berry,

Hi, I was just searching about Victoria office if I could find anything...
You might have already read about this but...on the other thread, they were talking about landing at the local office who applied out-land, and usually people need to make an appointment and it takes 6+ weeks, but at Victoria office people do not have to make an appointment, they can just walk in during business hours. So I thought that means Victoria office is not busy at all!!!
You might hear from them soon, Black-Berry!

Mint
Thanks Mint :)..
So i have an update. I called the cic center and spoke to an agent. The first agent was pretty b*tchy and said she could not give me ANY information at all. Even though i had all my details. She said she cant hear me properly and asked me like 1000 questions,. I didnt get anywhere. she eventually declined to give me any info.
I called back and i spoke with this very nice guy . He gave me all my information. he said my file was transferred to the nanaimo Office. I googled the cic nanaimo office and it is open only 1 day a week on thursdays. He said. In my case it has been transferred to this office and it can take 12 - 18 months for them to even look at my file. I am wondering. thats one of the smaller offices. They are only open for a couple of hours on thursdays. Why would it take 12 - 18 months?. He said i may not need an appt. and i dont understand it. He said im not scheduled for an appt.
I havent seen anyone here in the nanaimo office. i didnt even know nanaimo had an office!. i thught all along it should have been victoria. oh well. Ill just wait and see

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I haven't heard any thing from them either.. no e-cas updates yet.. even agent didn't have no information. He asked me to wait another 30 days..

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adzees said:
I haven't heard any thing from them either.. no e-cas updates yet.. even agent didn't have no information. He asked me to wait another 30 days..
Always take what the agents say with a grain of salt. I called when my date had passed for AIP and was told the same thing (call in 30 days etc), I called a week later and was told my letter was in the mail. The agents will give you pat respones but may not know that your file is being looked at and decided on as they speak or the following day. It will come before then. ;)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
MexicaTica said:
Always take what the agents say with a grain of salt. I called when my date had passed for AIP and was told the same thing (call in 30 days etc), I called a week later and was told my letter was in the mail. The agents will give you pat respones but may not know that your file is being looked at and decided on as they speak or the following day. It will come before then. ;)
Hopefully that will be the case :D

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Did you seen any update on e-cas before you got the letter or e-cas got updated after ?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I am about to sign for the mortgage, and i don't want my wifey to be paying for it for a reason that one Officer thinks we are not genuine. I am in a limbo now, not sure what should i do. Should i wait for AIP, or should i just go ahead sign mortgage. :S any suggestions?

R

robrod

Wait to receive AIP. If you do receive AIP, according to lawyers a friend consulted with, there is a 98% chance of getting PR.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone
i dont knw if it will be a good news or what but in my ecas it says in process but down it says decision have been made i will be contacted and iam from talking to the call centre he told me they sent me a first stage of aproval lets hope he was not lying
Oh Lord please help

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
mimi23 said:
hello everyone
i dont knw if it will be a good news or what but in my ecas it says in process but down it says decision have been made i will be contacted and iam from talking to the call centre he told me they sent me a first stage of aproval lets hope he was not lying
Oh Lord please help
Congrats mimi.... just wait and see