05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
lessen said:
we have sent an open workpermit with the application too , you mean that will take 9 months as well ? if so then whats the point of even requesting one ?
u cant start working without AIP, so it will take about 9 months and ur OWP will arrive together with AIP. its good that u requested for OWP with ur app because if u havent, u would have to extend ur visit/visa. and then after u get AIP u would need to ask for OWP. and if u request OWP after u receive AIP, it will take at least a month to process it. so u did a good thing!

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srcc said:
Yes, my husband is the applicant. We only got his AIP letter and the work permit on the same say. Maybe I (sponsor) will receive a letter today or next week.

Sorry for having you repeat your story.

Thanks.
Hi srcc, I think you should not worry about which letter comes first because Canada post never delivers mails in order, in fact I received my AIP letter and landing interview letter at a same day.

robrob, I am always wishing you that you will hear from them soon! It must be killing you that you have to wait so long... I feel bad that I could get my landing interview appointment so easily and some people have to wait for months...

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
robrod said:
My ratings keep collecting negatives, so not sure what is up with that. You are here to be helpful and take the time to share your experience, and some people don't like to read about it at all or just love to click negative ratings at everybody...
I have noticed that too! I don't think I have ever said anything negative on here since I have become a member ::)
This is probably my first comment that hasn't been full of enthusiasum or well wishes.

I agree...some people are on this site for the wrong reasons..I have made sure I give you all positive feed back where its due...most times so often the forum tells me that I gotta wait 169 hours befor I can do it again..because I appreciate the time you take out of your day to write something helpful or positive.

I think the only time I have put a negative on here is for those people who post things like.."why bother?" or a whole bunch of swearing and complaints.

Robrod-No worries..ya got good Karma in my books :p

Person who's posting "bad Karma' - Get a life 8)

R

robrod

Mint, so nice of you to drop some nice encouraging lines!.
How's it going with the job hunt and especially out there with the new landed status?. It must be awesome!.

Well, it's the luck of the draw with the local offices... some have longer or no waits at all. I figure if I've been waiting over a year, might as well don't think about it, carry on with our family life here and if it that appointment comes cool, if not, one of these days will be here hopefully...

R

robrod

Thx Janadian!. You have nice positive karma and I guess we shouldn't worry about the ratings thing... Even Leon has several negative ones.
I hope you all have a good weekend, it's starting to get a bit chilly here in southern Ontario...
Rob.

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robrod said:
Thx Janadian!. You have nice positive karma and I guess we shouldn't worry about the ratings thing... Even Leon has several negative ones.
I hope you all have a good weekend, it's starting to get a bit chilly here in southern Ontario...
Rob.
Good weekend for you too robrod and everybody else.
Here in Halifax is raining, and I don't like t very much haha

For me the ratings are just numbers I don't care how positive/ negatives I have. It doesn't affect me at all.
I think no one should care since It doesn't change who you are, the timeline of your process, your life, your relationship with your spouse and so on. That's it's useless.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011

lissom

Oct 6, 2010
Hello everybody,

I mailed my application to Vegreville in the end of July 2010 and when I track the package it shows August 3d as a delivery date. I haven't heard anything from Vegreville yet. Does anybody experienced think I need to be concearned about it? Do they even send any notifications when they get the application? I was thinking about calling them but don't know what phone number I should try.

Any help will be very much appriciated.

A.

R

robrod

Welcome to the thread, Lissom!.
I also applied inland and never received a letter acknowledging the receipt of my application.. I didn't really pay attention to the time back there as our daughter was born a month later and that kept my mind distracted for sure but about 3 months later, I was able to access e-cas...
They start processing the applications once they receive them about a month and a half later, this is what mine says on e-cas:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 5, 2009.

We started processing your application on November 17, 2009.

e-cas web address:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

phone number: is listed on the application's Sponsorship Guide, look it up there.

Hope this helps, best of luck with your application!.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I got my open work permit in the mail today. Yupieeee! No more waking up at 10am anymore, :p

Have an excellent weekend everyone.

R

robrod

That is awesome, MexicaTica!... Nothing better than getting this type of mail on a friday!.
Good luck with the job hunt!. Don't forget to go get a SIN card with your OWP and Health Card as well!.
Rob.
pd. Vas rapidito con este asunto, felicidades de verdad!.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robrod said:
That is awesome, MexicaTica!... Nothing better than getting this type of mail on a friday!.
Good luck with the job hunt!. Don't forget to go get a SIN card with your OWP and Health Card as well!.
Rob.
pd. Vas rapidito con este asunto, felicidades de verdad!.
Thanks! It is exciting and scary to know I will be going back to work after over a year of not working, oh my!

Mil gracias, ojala todo siga yendo igual de rapido para los dos.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
MexicaTica said:
Hello All,

I got my open work permit in the mail today. Yupieeee! No more waking up at 10am anymore, :p

Have an excellent weekend everyone.
nice! congrats! tell us later how ur job hunting goes and what job u got :)