Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
robrod--I understand you quite clearly, I just don't think you understand where I am coming from. In the case of the table where I list decision made, I am not going based on whether it showed up on their ecas or not or got a letter, I am actually just posting what the decision was (if they got approved for AIP or not). Understand? And the COPR appointment is different dependent on the local CIC office, I understand but when you receive the date on which you are to land, let me know and I will list it under LANDED. Are you meaning you want me to make a category to list when they got the COPR appointment letter?

Janadian--I am so glad you liked it. Thank you very much. :p

R

robrod

It's ok, Love_Young. I appear to be making things confusing for everybody. I thought I was helping since I am ahead of everyone, just waiting for the famous COPR appointment letter.

But we understand each other, first you get an AIP letter (2 of them in fact, one for the sponsor, the other for the applicant), status remains the same: In Process.
Then sometime later depending on whether you get asked for additional documents, status changes to Decision Made and about 2-3 weeks later you get the Decision Made letter. Mine appears to be favorable, this is what it reads:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in Scarborough will contact you concerning your PR status.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 is required before you can become a PR of Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be prepared to submit the total fee to the CIC in Scarborough when you are scheduled to obtain your COPR document. Do not send the fee to CPC Vegreville.

Please note: At the time fo your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original ID document(s) to the CIC. A final decision concerning the granting of PR status will be made at that time. If PR is granted, the name that will apppear on the COPR document is your name as it appears on your passport or ID documents.

So, after this letter, there will be one from the local office stating when is the landing appointment and on that day, if everything is in order, you become a PR.

I hope this helps, guys...

R

robrod

COPR appointment letter received on/, I guess I meant to say.....sorry!.
But like you say, it may not fit at all...
I saw a beautiful excel one in another forum and it made sense to me as I could see my timeline very well in it..

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
That is okay robrod, hope I didn't upset you. Guess I was just confused and such. Thank you very much for sharing that though with us. I can tell it will be of some use.

And just wondering, do any of you know how to edit the first post? None of my posts on the first page will let me edit them.
I may not be able to put it on the first page after all. :( Sorry.

R

robrod

Not at all.. I hope this stuff I've been through helps the common cause.

Mimi: Best of luck with AIP.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
robrod said:
Not at all.. I hope this stuff I've been through helps the common cause.

Mimi: Best of luck with AIP.
Every opinion counts :)

Thank you for sharing your expirences and ideas

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Any letters for any one yet ... i checked today's mail .. there is nothing

R

robrod

Thx Janadian!... I hope you get your AIP letters in the mail soon as well.
No mail today here, only junk mail. But there's always tomorrow, last day of this week's mail delivery...
I received the Decision Made letter on a friday, so maybe it's a good vibe for tomorrow...

lessen

Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 22 2010
Med's Done....
april - 08 - 10
Love_Young said:
Actually they approve both the sponsor and applicant at the same time. That is why the processing is much longer.
Where as with Outland they investigate the sponsor and applicant portions separately. When you get AIP, they have approved both the sponsor and applicant.
we have sent an open workpermit with the application too , you mean that will take 9 months as well ? if so then whats the point of even requesting one ?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
lessen said:
we have sent an open workpermit with the application too , you mean that will take 9 months as well ? if so then whats the point of even requesting one ?
Cuz after 9 months applicant start working. After AIP, landing iterview date is different from region to region, and city to city. It is anywhere from 1 month to 6 month. Atleast that is what i have heard.

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robrod said:
But we understand each other, first you get an AIP letter (2 of them in fact, one for the sponsor, the other for the applicant), status remains the same: In Process.
Then sometime later depending on whether you get asked for additional documents, status changes to Decision Made and about 2-3 weeks later you get the Decision Made letter. Mine appears to be favorable, this is what it reads:
But I didn't get any letter (?) only my husband did. Should it be delayed?
On my husbands AIP letter it didn't ask for additional documents.
So, in 2-3 weeks the status will change to "Decision Made"?
And then we have to wait for a letter talking about the landing interview?

Thanks.

R

robrod

Who is the applicant (the one being sponsored)?. You or your husband?.
Yes, it's 2 letters, on 2 different brown envelopes. In theory, they should arrive together on the same day. Mine did.

One is for the sponsor:

This refers to the Application to sponsor a member of .... blah, blah.

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence will be processed separately and .... blah, blah.

The other letter is for the applicant:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence .... blah, blah.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence status as a member of ... blah, blah.

In my case (I am the applicant) I was asked to submit the additional documents I posted on the other message. It took 3 months after sending them to Vegreville for my status to finally change to Decision Made on the main login e-cas page and 2-3 weeks later, I received the Decision Made letter I also posted in another message.

It's been almost 2 months since I received the Decision Made letter and am still waiting for the Scarborough (my local office) letter to arrive with the appointment of when I would be landed.

R

robrod

If your husband is the applicant and his letter does not mention anything about submitting additional documents, yes his status should change to Decision Made soon (not sure how long that would take as I had to submit the additional documents first) and 2-3 weeks later he will receive his Decision Made letter with the outcome of his application.

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, my husband is the applicant. We only got his AIP letter and the work permit on the same say. Maybe I (sponsor) will receive a letter today or next week.

Sorry for having you repeat your story.

Thanks.

R

robrod

No worries. It gives me the impression that no matter how much I try to be clear, I am not. I hope that it is not the case, and that's why I continue to answer questions the best I can. My ratings keep collecting negatives, so not sure what is up with that. You are here to be helpful and take the time to share your experience, and some people don't like to read about it at all or just love to click negative ratings at everybody... Just the way it is in life, I shouldn't be surprised.

It's excellent your hubby was not asked for additional documents, it's a very good sign without a doubt!.
About you not getting your letter yet, you will. Unless it's one of those letters I was watching on TV last nite where a mailman somewhere in Canada was found with thousands of undelivered letters at his place... Imagine how many Decision Made letters or who knows which ones he never delivered...