Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
CrazyLucy said:
omg guys!

I hope it's good news!

DECISION MADE!

We received your application for permanent residence on August 24, 2010.

We started processing your application on October 15, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 19, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on February 2, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you medical instructions on February 2, 2012 to xxxxxxxxxxx. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on September 8, 2012 to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
congrats Lucy

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Does anyone know of anyone who was refused AT the landing interview?

Irish D

Sep 15, 2012
Hi CrazyLucy

This is my first post, I've been following this thread for a long time however. I have the same timeline as you, and got my decision made on the same day. By the sounds of it we got the same letter so congratulations! I was nervous too, so I called the immigration hotline, I got through to a very helpful lady who put my mind at ease. It seems the landing interview is a formality, bring the documents and answer their questions. The lady was also able to give me the date for my landing interview, Sept 26th. I hope this puts your mind at ease. Our long journey is nearly over. I wish you all the best and alot of happiness.

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
It looks like I am the only august 2010 applicant left in this forum to get an answer.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Irish D said:
Hi CrazyLucy

This is my first post, I've been following this thread for a long time however. I have the same timeline as you, and got my decision made on the same day. By the sounds of it we got the same letter so congratulations! I was nervous too, so I called the immigration hotline, I got through to a very helpful lady who put my mind at ease. It seems the landing interview is a formality, bring the documents and answer their questions. The lady was also able to give me the date for my landing interview, Sept 26th. I hope this puts your mind at ease. Our long journey is nearly over. I wish you all the best and alot of happiness.
Hey! Nice first post. My letter told me that I have been approved for PR and I should expect to hear from my local Ottawa office soon and to have my 490 dollars at the ready for when I land.
I too called up and the lady on the phone seemed to really not want to be there that day or something because she would give me really short dull answers and wanted to shoo me off the line. i didnt get a date for mine, but it should be around the same time as yours.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
CrazyLucy said:
Hey! Nice first post. My letter told me that I have been approved for PR and I should expect to hear from my local Ottawa office soon and to have my 490 dollars at the ready for when I land.
I too called up and the lady on the phone seemed to really not want to be there that day or something because she would give me really short dull answers and wanted to shoo me off the line. i didnt get a date for mine, but it should be around the same time as yours.
CrazyLucy, you're in Ottawa? So are Anna and I. Very interested to see how long you have to wait for a landing interview in Ottawa. I hope Anna's landing is only a couple of months behind you. Congratulations to you and yours!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
annabruce said:
CrazyLucy, you're in Ottawa? So are Anna and I. Very interested to see how long you have to wait for a landing interview in Ottawa. I hope Anna's landing is only a couple of months behind you. Congratulations to you and yours!
I'm actually in Gatineau Quebec. Here I thought I would have to land in Montreal because Quebec likes their immigrants to land in Quebec, but they're doing it more geographically.
I'm currently waiting on my landing date, I'm pretty excited/nervous. Everyone says there is nothing to worry about, but I'm a worrier by nature.

I asked the woman on the CIC hotline if I could simply pay the 490 online, but she didnt really answer. She says "what does you letter say?" It pretty much told me I could pay in person when I went to do my landing interview, but she still didnt answer the question. I might call back on Monday and hope I get someone who seems to actually want to me a CIC agent.

nicole1204

Oct 2, 2011
Hi everyone. Just want to ask sth. about the 490 landing fee. The letter from my local office stilled mentioned it since ive already paid online long time ago. can i just bring the receipt of the 490 i have paid or i need to pay again? bcoz i saw some else's landing interview letter didnt mention anything about thr PRfee.
thanks.

kris112118

Jan 22, 2012
Hey guys! Really need your help. I am a filipina, I worked under live-in caregiver here in Vancouver and Meet my hubby here and we get married. He sponsor me under family class and also my daughter (depedent child) she is in the Philippines rightnow. Here is my timeline....

We received your application for permanent residence on June 7, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 16, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on July 28, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on December 29, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on April 19, 2012 to XXXXX, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I received allready the letter on April 19, 2012 and also my open work permit. They said they will contacting my family in the Philippines for the medical of my daughter... It's allready almost 5 months but my family in the Philippines didn't receive any from Immigration in Manila (Philippines). I been sending them email but they don't reply to me. I am worried and confused what should I do.

kris112118

Jan 22, 2012
We are in Family class category and inside canada because I am here in Canada but my daughter is in the Philippines. I included my daughter as my dependent child (minor), she lives with my parents, but I dont know If my parents needs to do something like applying also there or just wait til the Immigration Manila will contact them.? Please help me....

Jul 26, 2011
More than 6 months after AIP, today we saw update online - they asked my husband to redo the medical check... From the FOSS note, we found my husband's medical was extended to Sep. We was hoping to get good news, however....

Anyone know how long it will take for a decision made after the secpmd medical check?

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
torontosunshine said:
More than 6 months after AIP, today we saw update online - they asked my husband to redo the medical check... From the FOSS note, we found my husband's medical was extended to Sep. We was hoping to get good news, however....

Anyone know how long it will take for a decision made after the secpmd medical check?
for me it took 8 months after the medical check, but thats also because they didnt even start the background check until I updated my medicals. It could be different for you.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Just called the CIC hotline and they told me to get an interview it's going to take about 6 weeks. They couldnt tell me when the interview landing date would be because it hasnt even been scheduled yet. A little more waiting I suppose.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kris112118 said:
We are in Family class category and inside canada because I am here in Canada but my daughter is in the Philippines. I included my daughter as my dependent child (minor), she lives with my parents, but I dont know If my parents needs to do something like applying also there or just wait til the Immigration Manila will contact them.? Please help me....
kris 112118,interesting......well i also included my non-accompanying dependant kids with my application .after AIP last sept 15,2011 they request new passport and police certificate this which has been attached to my file about 10months ago....since then i have not heard from them .any time i call they still waiting for my home country visa office and up till now they have not as yet contact my dependant kid,i guess bcos they are non-accompanying......you have to wait till they contact her......for now its still waiting.......one year after AIP and still waiting :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Aurora9151

Feb 15, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
08-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
12-June-2013
torontosunshine said:

On my foss notes it also shows my medical has been extended to Nov.1, but they just requested another one now at the 11th month after AIP. I read this from CIC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp and hopefully our cases are like that. ::)