Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
so pissed right now cant believe these morons are telling us to call back in september like hello been waiting a longtime

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
AmandaHsu said:
congrats.....another good news for 2010 members....wish to hear more and more good news here
Hi Amanda. I see you landed on the same day as my wife on Apr. 2nd. I want to ask you if you have received your PR card. We have been waiting for over two months and still NO card. My wife is burning now as she can't wait to travel. Thanks in advance for help.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CVotto said:
We just got a letter in the mail yesterday from the Case Processing Centre in Alberta. They are now requesting my husbands son who doesn't live in Canada to go for his medical examination before they can continue processing his application. I called the call centre and had a really nice guy explain everything to me. It always takes longer when there are dependant children involved otherwise he would have had his resident card by now. Now I understand why it's taking a little longer than the "application processing time" and why they gave him a 3 year work permit. As long as his son's medical results are good, then we are almost finished! Woo hoo!
well i just want to know if your husband's son was added as accompanying dependent or non- accompanying dependent.thanks

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Hoping to hear something positive around the 20th of June, thats my BFD.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Babyhangon said:
Hi Amanda. I see you landed on the same day as my wife on Apr. 2nd. I want to ask you if you have received your PR card. We have been waiting for over two months and still NO card. My wife is burning now as she can't wait to travel. Thanks in advance for help.
Hi Babyhangon

I haven't received my PR card yet but I've already left Canada 2 days ago.

I called call center at June 4 and they told me that my card is in process and I should be able to receive it anytime this week, call them back next week if I don't see anything. So I asked my friend to keep an eye on our mail box.

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmandaHsu said:
Hi Babyhangon

I called call center at June 4 and they told me that my card is in process and I should be able to receive it anytime this week, call them back next week if I don't see anything. So I asked my friend to keep an eye on our mail box.
Hello,

I heard you cannot travel without your PR card but you can get some sort of document to reenter Canada. Do you know how that works?

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
AmandaHsu said:
Hi Babyhangon

My wife got her PR card today!!!!!! finally crossed the finish line. good luck, everyone!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
CEC said:
Hello,

I heard you cannot travel without your PR card but you can get some sort of document to reenter Canada. Do you know how that works?
According to CIC website, PR need to get travel document for going back Canada if they don't have their PR card since this document can prove your statues when you pass the Canada custom. However, as I "studied" on tons websites recently, I noticed that travel document is like a visa idea to let you get on a plane if you're not coming from a visa exempt country. For CBSA, as long as you can prove your PR statues is still available then you'll be fine to entry Canada even though you don't have PR card/travel document.

what I found from CBSA:

The requirement of subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a person who makes an application to enter Canada must produce all relevant evidence and documents that satisfies the border services officer (BSO) of their identity and nationality. This is facilitated by providing the BSO with a passport or other document that clearly denotes identity and nationality. The burden of proof to establish that they are admissible to Canada rests with the person seeking entry.

The PR card is the only valid proof of permanent residence status in Canada. The following documents are indicators of permanent resident status in Canada:
-
Original Record of Landing (IMM1000)
-
A certified true copy of a Record of Landing issued by the Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) National Headquarters
-
A letter issued by CIC National Headquarters verifying permanent residence
-
A passport duly stamped, showing the date on which permanent resident status was granted if the person was granted permanent resident status before 1973
-
A Confirmation of Permanent Residence document (IMM5292B)

Section A19(2) of the IRPA states that "an officer shall allow a permanent resident to enter Canada if satisfied following an examination on their entry that they have that status." Therefore, it is recommended, but not mandatory, to have your PR card in your possession to prove your permanent resident status in Canada at the border. However, you must be able to satisfy the BSO at the port of entry that you are a permanent resident of Canada. This may be accomplished with supporting documentation, including those documents mentioned above, database checks conducted by the officer, and responding truthfully to all questions asked to you by the BSO.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
AmandaHsu said:
According to CIC website, PR need to get travel document for going back Canada if they don't have their PR card since this document can prove your statues when you pass the Canada custom. However, as I "studied" on tons websites recently, I noticed that travel document is like a visa idea to let you get on a plane if you're not coming from a visa exempt country. For CBSA, as long as you can prove your PR statues is still available then you'll be fine to entry Canada even though you don't have PR card/travel document.
Yes, we left Canada a month ago without the PR card (should soon arrived by mail) to the Caribbeans... we went to the Canadian Consulate with all forms completed, passport pictures (hubby) and 50$ in cash... and they pasted a visa documentation into my hubby's passport with picture and we had 0 problems in the airport and 0 problem entering Canada... but you need to fill all the forms, and bring a copy stamped by Oath Commissioner of your PR Letter ...

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hi guys i have some update to share with you, may 30, i received a letter for an interview at june 11, tomorrow, at Etobicoke office! I would like to update my information in the chart! I'm so happy and anxious, i hope everything goes fine! I'll keep you guys informed!

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:
Yes, we left Canada a month ago without the PR card (should soon arrived by mail) to the Caribbeans... we went to the Canadian Consulate with all forms completed, passport pictures (hubby) and 50$ in cash... and they pasted a visa documentation into my hubby's passport with picture and we had 0 problems in the airport and 0 problem entering Canada... but you need to fill all the forms, and bring a copy stamped by Oath Commissioner of your PR Letter ...
Hello Amanda and Canadian,

Thank you for your answer. A question for Canadian: how long did it take to get your travel documents back from the Caribbean Canada consulate?

Thank you

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hi guys, i went to the interview at Etobicoke Office yesterday, and I like to share with you guys, the interview was "OK", we stay together all the time, she asked couple questions, easy questions, and looked the documents i provided (joint bank accounts, Mortgage, Utility bills, extra photos), to make the long story short, my wife (the sponsor) she had a 2 years previous marriage, and divorced 5 months after she got the PR, because his ex-husband committed adultery, she caught him with another woman and she didnt accepted that! The officer asked direct to my wife's face! Do you married to get status in Canada? My wife said NOT! and she asked to my wife to explain why she divorced so fast! My wife explained to her all the issues of the adultery, everything!! she said ok, i dont have more questions, you guys can go and wait for the letter with my decision! I don't know what is gonna happen, the only thing I know is my file was transfered because of my wife's previous marriage! Have you guys know similar situation and what was the decision from them?!

Please excuse my English, I'm learning!
Thank you!

C

Canada-India

Rockin_Zombie said:
hi guys,

Just wanted to tell you that I have FINALLY received Decision Made on May 11 ( I applied on Feb 1 2010, so yeah, it must be some sort of record lol). Thanks for all your help!

I have one question, the letter says "The canada immigration centre at Scarborough will contact you regarding your permanent residency status". I am assuming this is for the landing interview? Any idea how long they take?

EDIT: searched through the forum and found out Scarborough takes almost two months, $%#^, the waiting begins again.
Congratulations we have been waiting since October 2010

C

Canada-India

shantese said:
so pissed right now cant believe these morons are telling us to call back in september like hello been waiting a longtime
Yes we have been waiting just like you...