Med's Done....
01-Nov-2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
12-June-2013
Bubli said:
Aurora,

I was waiting 7 months for DM. And now i am waiting for PR card, but there is some problem and agent told me to wait other 90 days, How funny :'( :'(
Did they tell you what the problem is?

H

hispassionfruit

Just a quick update...As of 10:18am EST, I am a LANDED Permanent Resident! woot woot! I landed in Sherbrooke, the lady was nice, it was smooth, only one question asked of myself and my child (have either of us been convicted of any crimes since entry to Canada so long ago.."Nope") It was so good for closure, now on to the fun of s.i.n., drivers lic., health cards....and integration (for myself, child is fully integrated)...now to wait the 6 to 8 weeks for my pr card..and a refund from cic (we paid for myself and child, child is being refunded) YAY!

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Aurora9151 said:
Did they tell you what the problem is?
Problem is photo for PR card. They will need new photo.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
hispassionfruit said:
Just a quick update...As of 10:18am EST, I am a LANDED Permanent Resident! woot woot! I landed in Sherbrooke, the lady was nice, it was smooth, only one question asked of myself and my child (have either of us been convicted of any crimes since entry to Canada so long ago.."Nope") It was so good for closure, now on to the fun of s.i.n., drivers lic., health cards....and integration (for myself, child is fully integrated)...now to wait the 6 to 8 weeks for my pr card..and a refund from cic (we paid for myself and child, child is being refunded) YAY!
Congratulations! Cheers :D

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
canamconnect said:
Sigh....I have a headache just thinking about this whole process. Our situation is a little unique in a few ways. I am the Canadian, my husband is American. We were married in Sept 2011. He has been here since August 2009. But here are some of the rubs:

- He is here illegally, hence he is not working but that is no problem as I make more than enough for us both. Basically he was coming for 2 weeks (had a return ticket and everything). Long story short, he ended up staying. Largely it was due to we did not want to be seperated and at the time I had a crappy job so any visiting back and forth would not have even been conceivable.

- Secondly I am nervous as there is an age difference (I am 36, he is 24). I have heard this can sometimes cause issues?

-Thirdly I cannot seem to get a straight answer anywhere that if we apply inland does he or does he not need to send in the form and fee to "re-instate legal visiting status" or just apply and wait for AIP?

I know there have been a few people through here that have applied inland while being here illegally, I am hoping for some insights from them if they are still around. Was any part of your process any more difificult due to the illegal status? Any tips or advice you can share?

I have also sent a requets to talk to Lawyer David Cohen and am hoping to get some info.

Thanks in advance :)
As long as he is just illegal due to staying beyond his 6 months you have no worries. It clearly states in CIC IP08 that this is not a problem. For Spouse/Sponsership.
But you are right they may look at the age differenct and make you have an interview. But it you are really together no problems. Good luck.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
Legal temporary resident status in Canada
Under the current Regulations, applicants in this spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
must have a valid temporary resident status on the date of application and on the date they
receive permanent resident status to be eligible to be members of the class.
However, under the spousal policy, applicants who lack status as defined under the public policy
(see “What is lack of status under the public policy” below) may be granted permanent residence
so long as they meet all the other requirements of the class (i.e., they are not inadmissible for
reasons other than “lack of status.”)
However, applicants who do not have temporary resident status and who cannot be granted
positive consideration under the public policy can be removed at any time. Further, the spousal
policy does not change the requirement to seek necessary authorization to visit Canada or to
work or study here.
What is “lack of status” under the public policy?
For the purposes of the current public policy, persons with a “lack of status” refers to those in the
following situations:
• persons who have overstayed a visa, visitor record, work permit, student permit or temporary
resident permit;
• persons who have worked or studied without being authorized to do so as prescribed by the
Act;
• persons who have entered Canada without a visa or other document required by the
Regulations;
• persons who have entered Canada without a valid passport or travel document (provided
valid documents are acquired by the time CIC seeks to grant permanent residence).

canamconnect said:
Sigh....I have a headache just thinking about this whole process. Our situation is a little unique in a few ways. I am the Canadian, my husband is American. We were married in Sept 2011. He has been here since August 2009. But here are some of the rubs:

- He is here illegally, hence he is not working but that is no problem as I make more than enough for us both. Basically he was coming for 2 weeks (had a return ticket and everything). Long story short, he ended up staying. Largely it was due to we did not want to be seperated and at the time I had a crappy job so any visiting back and forth would not have even been conceivable.

- Secondly I am nervous as there is an age difference (I am 36, he is 24). I have heard this can sometimes cause issues?

-Thirdly I cannot seem to get a straight answer anywhere that if we apply inland does he or does he not need to send in the form and fee to "re-instate legal visiting status" or just apply and wait for AIP?

I know there have been a few people through here that have applied inland while being here illegally, I am hoping for some insights from them if they are still around. Was any part of your process any more difificult due to the illegal status? Any tips or advice you can share?

I have also sent a requets to talk to Lawyer David Cohen and am hoping to get some info.

Thanks in advance :)

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
My application still in process we are still waiting for the 2nd stage approval my problem is i need to go to the Philippines emergency my children's father is being uncooperative in helping my kids documents in order for the CIC Philippines issues a medical form for them it is possible i can go back here in Canada my status still in process i have an employer and valid OWP.. I phone cic they told me that i can apply for TRV but there's no guarantee that officer in border will allows to me let in. What will i do

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
santacruzan said:
My application still in process we are still waiting for the 2nd stage approval my problem is i need to go to the Philippines emergency my children's father is being uncooperative in helping my kids documents in order for the CIC Philippines issues a medical form for them it is possible i can go back here in Canada my status still in process i have an employer and valid OWP.. I phone cic they told me that i can apply for TRV but there's no guarantee that officer in border will allows to me let in. What will i do
I need help/advice thank you

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
CEC said:
April will be 1 year for me after AiP and nothing.

I just called CIC because my BFD was March 25 and nothing happened apparently.

On top of that, CIC is returning 300k skilled worker applications received before 2008. It is just unbelievable how bad this government is.
It's been a year after I received AIP on APRIL 2012 and still waiting. You're not alone. Let's keep our hopes high!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I havent heard anything from CIC yet about 2nd stage. My 90s days from getting my medical request is coming up soon. The letter was dated Feb 2nd, I assume that's also the time they count down from the 'bring forward date'. Hope I hear something around May 2nd.

"All of the required information must be received by our office within 90 days for continued processing. If you are unable to provide this information within 90 days, please provide written reasons for the delay."

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
vegreville told me we will hear from them in may now its may i am hoping they wont tell me june cos i will be so pissed :mad: hope they dnt have me waitung so long and its a negative answer.

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
just want to give you an update with our application.
Finally, we received the approval letters and my hubby's OWP.
I'm so happy that we're done with first stage.
This is a huge relief on our part. :) :) :)

Just for everyone information, we've got DM for sponsor and applicant in eCAS.
Though we still have an overseas dependent for medical.

Thanks everyone.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeymi said:
just want to give you an update with our application.
Finally, we received the approval letters and my hubby's OWP.
I'm so happy that we're done with first stage.
This is a huge relief on our part. :) :) :)

Just for everyone information, we've got DM for sponsor and applicant in eCAS.
Though we still have an overseas dependent for medical.

Thanks everyone.
congrats ;D ;D ;D ;D

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Yesterday was 90s days since my medical re-do and so far nothing. I'll give it a week before I call.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just entered the 8 months after AIP....nothing from CIC .....guess i have to wait.....hmmmmm really hard :eek: :eek: :eek: