+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

R

robrod

Hello, Class of 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!.....
How's everybody, has everyone landed yet?...
Good luck to the remaining 2010ers, I hope you land soon.
Rob.

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
Hey Rob,

There is a few of us still around....I will be landing this week so very happy to put CIC out of my head for a couple of years!!!!

couver

Jun 24, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 29 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2010
robrod said:
Hello, Class of 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!.....
How's everybody, has everyone landed yet?...
Good luck to the remaining 2010ers, I hope you land soon.
Rob.
I applied in Oct. 2010, got AIP in Oct. 2011, and they said to not expect to land until June 2012. This has taken forever, but I have my OWP now and I travel to the states every once in a while to see family. I hope I don't have to get the medicals redone, because they were expensive

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
couver said:
I applied in Oct. 2010, got AIP in Oct. 2011, and they said to not expect to land until June 2012. This has taken forever, but I have my OWP now and I travel to the states every once in a while to see family. I hope I don't have to get the medicals redone, because they were expensive
Hello, are you able to leave the country after AIP? Did you have any problems crossing the border?

R

robrod

Indeed, guys!..
You are almost at the end of the tunnel!.
Mine took 1 year and 4 months and the best is saved for last!. You will taste it at your "landing interview"... Then with that magical SIN that starts with a 5 and the Health Card, you will start feeling like you belong somewhere...
Hang in there, it's worth the wait!.
And then with time this thread will come to a still point and people will move on. Sad but at the same time good as it means they indeed moved on with their lives...

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liza-laziza said:
Hi, I am from the 2011 thread and I have a question to you - our more experienced brothers and sisters:)

After the first stage approval, how long did it generally take you to get any letter from CIC requesting any additional info, redoing medicals or any other information that CIC needed for the second stage? Such a letter doesn't come with AIP letter, does it? Does it come within weeks or months after AIP?
Hey Liza Laziza. I got the letter requesting additional info at the same time as AIP, it was actually in the same letter.

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone, can't believe the day has finally come. I landed this morning at Vancouver! I was very nervous because I didn't know what to expect, so here is my landing story in detail. Hopefully it will put some of you at ease!

My appointment was at 8:30 am this morning, as I said in the Vancouver office (Service Canada building on Expo Blvd). We were there at 8 when the doors opened, and we sat in the main office while about 30 other people trickled in. A very genial Dutch man came to the front of the room, made a few jokes, put us all at ease, and directed us into what he called the ceremony room.
We each had a "seat number" on our landing letter from CIC, and everyone who was landing sat in the front row of chairs. The chairs were designated by number and had our individual Confirmation of Permanent Residence papers on them. Our sponsors and significant others sat in the chairs behind us. There were about 15 people landing at the same time.
We watched a power point presentation that explained all of our rights and obligations as permanent residents. (The only obligation was that you must actually live in the country for a minimum of 730 days out of every 5 years, as most of us already know).
After that a young woman explained the services that can be provided for new immigrants to Canada, including referrals to job search companies, etc..
After that they asked us to double check that all the information on our Confirmation of Permanent Residence document was correct, because if it was wrong and we signed it, it would be considered a lie/misrepresentation, and that they could only fix the information there and then and wouldn't be able to change anything after it was finalized.
There were 2 people sitting at a desk off to the side, and they called us one by one to sit and sign our papers. Before we could sign they asked
"Do you have any dependants?", "Is this your sponsor?" (sitting next to me), "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?", "Have you ever been ordered to leave the country, or subject to removal proceedings?"
Then they looked at my passport, photos, voided my work permit, asked for my receipts proving that I had paid the right of permanent residence fee, and told me where to sign.
A word of warning- the Vancouver office is the only one that does not have a cashier, and will not accept payment for the ROPR fee. So MAKE SURE you pay beforehand!!
And then the moment came, where the guy said "Congratulations! You are officially a permanent resident of Canada!" He handed me my Confirmation of Permanent Residence, and said I should receive my PR card in 6-8 weeks.
That was such music to my and my husband's ears. :D
It all took exactly an hour, we were out of there by 9:30.

We are so, so relieved that it is all over, at least until we consider whether I'll apply for citizenship in a couple years.

Good luck to everybody, I'm rooting for you all!!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Wow congrats to you! I wish the best for you and your spouse! Good luck!

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Hey Everyone,

Just read that people who get AIP can apply to get their heath card. Is this true? My wife just got AIP. If so how can I go about doing this? Can me and my wife just go to a service ontario and apply for the heath card?

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Canadagirl85 said:
Hey Everyone,

Just read that people who get AIP can apply to get their heath card. Is this true? My wife just got AIP. If so how can I go about doing this? Can me and my wife just go to a service ontario and apply for the heath card?
That is true. Just bring in all the documents it says on the list. (http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?openform&ENV=WWE&NO=014-9998E-82)

Should be good to go.

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
Canadagirl85 said:
Hey Everyone,

You can. Where abouts are you living?

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
grrrr!

Finally got through to the call centre and found out that my application hasn't even left vegreville yet. :mad:

3 weeks after they finalized my PR application and sent me my DM letter, they still haven't managed to send my application to my local office, so I can have a landing interview.

So frustrating!!! :'(

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
CanAusGal said:
grrrr!

Finally got through to the call centre and found out that my application hasn't even left vegreville yet. :mad:

3 weeks after they finalized my PR application and sent me my DM letter, they still haven't managed to send my application to my local office, so I can have a landing interview.

sorry to hear that.....

but please don't give up, at least you got DM already, I don't even know what they're doing with my case :(

Aurora9151

Feb 15, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
08-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
12-June-2013
CanAusGal said:
grrrr!

I do hope you get it after a week not 6 months... maybe call them everyday to push ;D