Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
Hey a quick question..

What did they require from you in the second stage approval? Remedical? or what?
Hey missha, they asked me for my police certificates from the UK, and they asked me to send them proof that I renewed my US passport (the one they had on file was going to expire within a month). I phoned to ask if I needed to re-do my medicals, but they told me I didn't. I'm sure that one differs from case to case though, so if you're wondering you should definitely phone.

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
CEC said:
I am from June 2010 and there are more people from June or even before. Your case is not that bad, believe me.
aww didnt say my case is bad just saying there are two more of us from august thats landed as yet

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
The longer the wait the more I'm fretting over the landing. Like I'm thinking silly things like 'what if we dont look like a good couple in person?' I hope mine wont be too long now. :(

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
Hi crazylucy im sure they wont think that, we have come this far!!! And if they thought something was wrong they would have already pointed it out.
What i thought was strange though when cic called me to tell me when my landing appt was i asked if i could change it to the next day as my husband works out of town, but will be flying back home that night. The lady said no thats fine he doesnt need to join me. Seems a little strange since it was spousal sponsorship but it is a smaller sub regional office ..... Who knows

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
The lady on the phone says your sponsor does not need to be with you? How odd. I'd bring him anyways in case there were issues.

Also for people who have already landed, what are the required documents? I've read from other places that you need to bring in a letter from your job to show you have income?

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I would guess that the letter looks something like this

—Letter to applicant/Invitation to examination interview
This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted within Canada under the
spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
Previous correspondence informed you that you had met the eligibility requirements to apply for
permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada
class. It also informed you that a final decision would not be made until you and, if applicable, all
your family members both in Canada and abroad met all other requirements of the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Act as they relate to health, security and criminality screening.
FOR the CPC-V:
Your application has been referred to the Canada Immigration Centre in (city/town). You will
receive a letter from that office when they have scheduled your examination interview.
FOR CICs
A final determination on whether you meet statutory requirements can only be made at an
examination interview. An interview has been scheduled for you on (date and time)at the Canada
Immigration Centre,(address).
• If you cannot attend this interview, please write to this office immediately, explaining
why.
• Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as lack of interest in permanent
residence and your application could be refused.
• If you are currently in receipt of welfare or social services benefits, please write to this
office as soon as possible explaining your situation.
Please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you as there may be a
requirement to question them.
Please note that if you believe you will require the services of an interpreter, it is your
responsibility to hire/find an interpreter and ensure that he/she attends the interview with you.
Please bring with you:
• A valid passport, identity or travel document.
• The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) (If not already submitted)
• A photograph for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence
in Canada. These photos must meet the specifications outlined in Appendix C of the
Application Guide [IMM 5289].
If you require clarification, more information, or wish to provide a change of address or other
information, please write to us at the address at the top of this letter, visit the CIC Web site or
telephone the Call Centre at 1- 888- 242-2100 (Toll Free)
The client number in the upper right corner of this letter is your personal identification number and
it provides access to information on your file. For your own protection, do not allow any other
person to use this number.

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ardmac that is really strange. Vancouver said I had to have my sponsor come with me. So the poor guy is flying in from work for tonight, accompanying me to my landing interview tomorrow, and then flying back to finish out his work for the week. An extrememly expensive one day trip, but we didn't know when CIC would re-schedule my interview to so we decided to do it.

On my letter they said I had to bring:

1) Original identity documents (I'm bringing both of our passports, birth certificates, and marriage certificate to be safe)
2) Your current status document in Canada (I'm bringing my open work permit)
3) Two photographs (NOT passport photos, there is a different specification)
4) Proof that I paid the ROPR fee (Receipt from the bank. I filled out the form that CIC sends you for payment)
5) Your letter that tells you when your appointment is

I think that's it.
If anybody else has advice, please share!

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
I agree with all it is strange!!! Because we were going to fly him in and out but i got the letter from vegreville after i got the call from the local office, and it was the local office that said no need. I did speak with some others i know that have landed here and they each said their sponsor came to the appointment but was never asked to go past security.
Im a little annoyed as we go through so much to prove the validity of our relationships and the only time they get to see us as a couple they dont want him there.....no wonder there is so much fraud

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazyLucy that is totally different than the letter I got for my landing interview... :eek: I thought the landing interview was more of a formality to confirm your name, address, etc. and give you your permanent residence documents.

Now I am freaking out a little. Are they going to drill us during the landing interview??

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
I received 2 letters the one from vegreville was about processing is now complete and i need to pay the $490 right of pr fee prior to appt. and family members must come and i need to bribg passport photos and receipt. The letter from the local office talks about what to bring, where to park and again the receipt for pr. But further it says "as this is a group session we recommend you not to bring anyone unless they are receiving pr status"

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That was similar to mine. They didn't say it was a group session though, they just said that office space is limited so only bring yourself and sponsor.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
absentgodot said:
CrazyLucy that is totally different than the letter I got for my landing interview... :eek: I thought the landing interview was more of a formality to confirm your name, address, etc. and give you your permanent residence documents.

Now I am freaking out a little. Are they going to drill us during the landing interview??
Oh I didnt mean to do that! I just copy and pasted from the PDF manual that you can find on the CIC website. I dont think thats the real one, just something I found and thought that might be the actual letter. I was freaking out because someone mentioned they needed to bring in proof their sponsor had an income and my sponsor is currently unemployed. Dont fret over it.

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Hi, I am from the 2011 thread and I have a question to you - our more experienced brothers and sisters:)

After the first stage approval, how long did it generally take you to get any letter from CIC requesting any additional info, redoing medicals or any other information that CIC needed for the second stage? Such a letter doesn't come with AIP letter, does it? Does it come within weeks or months after AIP?

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
Hi liza they requested that i provide them with my rcmp police check at the same time as my aip- it was on the same letter. I never needed to submit any further docs and my medicals obviously were long expired but they requested an extenstion- i didnt have to redo them.
Hope that helps!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
liza-laziza said:
Hi, I am from the 2011 thread and I have a question to you - our more experienced brothers and sisters:)

After the first stage approval, how long did it generally take you to get any letter from CIC requesting any additional info, redoing medicals or any other information that CIC needed for the second stage? Such a letter doesn't come with AIP letter, does it? Does it come within weeks or months after AIP?
In the AIP letter, they requested my UK police certificate, about 5 months later, they requested my medicals to be re-done. Which I think means theyre coming to a closing with my application.