+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Mark_Anna said:
Angtao thanks for wishes.
Ocean_end I am also still waiting for final letter from canada post, hopefully next week. My local office is Etobicoke.
Theresa_Lynn's local office is Hamilton, what is yours' Ocean_end?
Ottawa

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
taradil said:
i was told i ll get my PR card by mail in 7 to 8 week, outside in waiting area i was called to get my SIN number renewed, i got a new one with out the limitation of number 9.
what limitation are there for SIN's starting with 9? after we land do we have to switch to a SIN from our original 9? does our previous tax info and credit score/profile automatically carry over or do we have to fill in bunch of forms again?

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy Monday to all,

For those people living in ON and needing to apply for OHIP, here is official link from the gov. with pretty much all the info you may need to get it done:

https://www.services.gov.on.ca/services/searchServices.do?action=service_details&id=11282&locale=EN

Cheers

S. :)

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
oceans_end said:
what limitation are there for SIN's starting with 9? after we land do we have to switch to a SIN from our original 9? does our previous tax info and credit score/profile automatically carry over or do we have to fill in bunch of forms again?
There is an expiry date on a SIN starting with 9. It is useful only as long as your work permit is valid. You'll need a new SIN when you get PR. I think you can ask the three credit rating agencies to link your SINs if you want to.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oceans_end said:
thanks everyone...

now the wait for the landing letter... then 8 more weeks for the PR card...

can someone confirm we cannot go to the US by land travel without the PR card?

To travel to the US:

"If you are a permanent resident of Canada you may need to obtain a non-immigrant visa in order to enter the US. You must get a visa from the American authorities before you enter the US. You must also have a valid passport from your country of citizenship.

If you are a citizen of a country with a visa waiver agreement, you do not need a visa to enter the US. Visa Waiver Program participating countries: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html#countries."

To travel back to Canada:

"You must satisfy the Canadian border services officer that you have valid permanent resident status. This applies to all family members who are permanent residents, including children.

According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), no matter how you travel back to Canada, you must satisfy the border services officer that you have valid permanent resident status. This applies to all family members who are permanent residents, including children.

According to CIC and Canada Border Services Agency, a valid PR card is the best proof of your status. You require a valid PR card or a valid Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to re-enter Canada by commercial carrier (train, plane, boat or bus). You will not be permitted to board a commercial carrier, if you cannot prove you can enter Canada.

If you are entering Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, and you do not present your card when you return to Canada, you may be asked to show one of the following documents:

a completed Confirmation of Permanent Residence form;
the original Record of Landing (if it is dated 1973 or later);
a passport stamped with the date you were granted permanent residence (if your Record of Landing is dated 1972 or earlier);
a certified true copy of a Record of Landing document issued by CIC National Headquarters; or
a letter issued by CIC National Headquarters attesting to your permanent resident status.

The border services officer may also need to confirm your permanent resident status by asking you questions and checking our information systems." (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/pr-card/index.asp)

If you have applied for a new PR card, you can still travel with the old card as long as it is still valid. If your PR card expires while you are outside Canada, you need to apply for a permanent resident travel document from a Canadian visa office abroad."

S. :)

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taradil said:
So today was the day, last week i got a letter from Cic hamilton, informing me of my appointment for today at 9:30 .
in the morning, we stopped for a nice morning tim coffee.
when we arrived we took our number and we were called five minutes later to pay the RPRF , i had the certified cheque ready.
half an hour later, we were called to an office where we were greeted by a really nice lady , first thing she said was congratulations on your PR, my wife and I felt relieved when we heard that.
she asked for my passport, photos and my wife's Id.
She checked the picture measurements , and to my surprise they were the wrong size. what a bummer :(
then she asked me to check the confirmation of the permanent residence form, another bummer :( there was a mistake , i had to get another passport cause my old one expired ,so for the first date of entry to canada instead of putting Sept15,2005 they put the date the passport was issued Apr20,2010. she said it has to be fixed right away other ways that would affect my canadian pension plan and other stuff related to that ( i have been working in canada since my arrival date ( sept 2005).
after i heard those two problems , i was getting myself psychologically to hear here are your documents we will book you another appointment with the next months.
she said if you can get the pictures done , i will fix the mistake on the confirmation as soon as possible today, fortunatetly jackson square mall is next door, i rushed to get the new pictures taken at the same photography store. for free since it was their mistake .
that was done in 15 min, we rushed back ,waited unpatientley till we were called back to her office , the confirmation mistake was corrected.
was asked to check it again, signed and put my intials on it and it was all done.
i was told i ll get my PR card by mail in 7 to 8 week, outside in waiting area i was called to get my SIN number renewed, i got a new one with out the limitation of number 9.
time to celebrate , we went to a nice restaurant in town , had a nice lunch. and chatted about future plans.
i wish you guys good luck, and congratulations to all january application who got the positive answer from cic.

Congrats, and welcome to Canada!! :)

S.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello,
Theresa_Lynn & Ocean_end...................you guys got your final interview immigration letter or not? I am waiting still? After a final interview getting PR documents in case we change our province than we are able to get PR card in post on new location?

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Mark_Anna said:
Hello,
Theresa_Lynn & Ocean_end...................you guys got your final interview immigration letter or not? I am waiting still? After a final interview getting PR documents in case we change our province than we are able to get PR card in post on new location?
I got the letter from Vergeivlle telling me to wait for the letter from my local Ottawa office

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
CrazyLucy said:
When did you send off your police certificate?
September 13th

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
oceans_end said:
There is no limitation with 9 series SIN numbers. CRA links the two numbers once you get the 5 series number. The 9 series number lets us now you don't have perm status. You are able to call CRA to confirm the linking.

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
any updates anyone

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Theresa_Lynn you got your final letter or not? do you think we can contact local office for that?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeresaLynn said:
There is no limitation with 9 series SIN numbers. CRA links the two numbers once you get the 5 series number. The 9 series number lets us now you don't have perm status. You are able to call CRA to confirm the linking.
Yeah,as soon as your status changes to PR your SIN number 9 series automatically to 5 series which will be done by service Ontario at your landing interview and its affect every thing on your file.....dont worry about credit rating or CRA or banks ,they will be in the known as system will update itself.

hope to hear more good news this week. ;D

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Mark_Anna said:
Theresa_Lynn you got your final letter or not? do you think we can contact local office for that?
No letter as of yet, hopefully this week. We have to wait until the local office contacts us. I will let u know when we get our letter :)

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
OK thanks Theresa_lynn...................here is the same I will let you know too.

Hi guys which city is good to live, "Vancouver or Toronto or Calgary"

I live in vancouver & Toronto I like Vancouver more......it is more calm, well organised, less population, good weather, I don't know about calgary but according to job prospect it's good.