29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
TeresaLynn said:
Here is our ecas update...thanks to everyones kind well wishes.

We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 27, 2010.

We received the requested information on November 12, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on July 29, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on January 17, 2012 to xxxxxxxxx Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Well, well, well... it was about time!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!! Enjoy your weekend and your last days as "visitor"!!!!!!! :p

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Gemauru said:
PR itself is not enough to cross the border. You still need a passport, and visa.
oh my so my journey is far from over... still have to wait for the local landing letter, 8 weeks for PR card, then book a appointment with US embassy for a visa.

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
So today was the day, last week i got a letter from Cic hamilton, informing me of my appointment for today at 9:30 .
in the morning, we stopped for a nice morning tim coffee.
when we arrived we took our number and we were called five minutes later to pay the RPRF , i had the certified cheque ready.
half an hour later, we were called to an office where we were greeted by a really nice lady , first thing she said was congratulations on your PR, my wife and I felt relieved when we heard that.
she asked for my passport, photos and my wife's Id.
She checked the picture measurements , and to my surprise they were the wrong size. what a bummer :(
then she asked me to check the confirmation of the permanent residence form, another bummer :( there was a mistake , i had to get another passport cause my old one expired ,so for the first date of entry to canada instead of putting Sept15,2005 they put the date the passport was issued Apr20,2010. she said it has to be fixed right away other ways that would affect my canadian pension plan and other stuff related to that ( i have been working in canada since my arrival date ( sept 2005).
after i heard those two problems , i was getting myself psychologically to hear here are your documents we will book you another appointment with the next months.
she said if you can get the pictures done , i will fix the mistake on the confirmation as soon as possible today, fortunatetly jackson square mall is next door, i rushed to get the new pictures taken at the same photography store. for free since it was their mistake .
that was done in 15 min, we rushed back ,waited unpatientley till we were called back to her office , the confirmation mistake was corrected.
was asked to check it again, signed and put my intials on it and it was all done.
i was told i ll get my PR card by mail in 7 to 8 week, outside in waiting area i was called to get my SIN number renewed, i got a new one with out the limitation of number 9.
time to celebrate , we went to a nice restaurant in town , had a nice lunch. and chatted about future plans.
i wish you guys good luck, and congratulations to all january application who got the positive answer from cic.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
OMG, HUGE HUGE CONGRATULATIONS are in order to Mark_Anna,Teresa and ocean end. You guys must all be through the moon. I am sure this weekend will probably be one of the best that you have had in a while. I know you guys have all been patiently waiting.

crazylucy, my friend sent in his police clearance in Nov and when he called this week they told him they are opening mail from Nov. I believe them because I sent in additional documenst on Oct.3 and it was attached on Dec.7. I am sure once they open the file you will get PR soon.

LY, how are you girl? How is your new life? Are you going to update the chart again?

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
angtao said:
OMG, HUGE HUGE CONGRATULATIONS are in order to Mark_Anna,Teresa and ocean end. You guys must all be through the moon. I am sure this weekend will probably be one of the best that you have had in a while. I know you guys have all been patiently waiting.

crazylucy, my friend sent in his police clearance in Nov and when he called this week they told him they are opening mail from Nov. I believe them because I sent in additional documenst on Oct.3 and it was attached on Dec.7. I am sure once they open the file you will get PR soon.

LY, how are you girl? How is your new life? Are you going to update the chart again?
Hum. I wonder why they're telling me August... I've called quite a few times and they've told me "early August" and then today "late August" It's making me concerned how everyone's getting their files attached. =/

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Angtao thanks for wishes.
Ocean_end I am also still waiting for final letter from canada post, hopefully next week. My local office is Etobicoke.
Theresa_Lynn's local office is Hamilton, what is yours' Ocean_end?

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Angtao thanks for wishes.
Ocean_end I am also still waiting for final letter from canada post, hopefully next week. My local office is Etobicoke.
Theresa_Lynn's local office is Hamilton, what is yours' Ocean_end?
i am so happy to hear that
hopfully we will hear the good news soon~~~

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Mark_Anna said:
Indeed it's a good week....
Ocean_end congrates it's done for you too wait for your last interview letter. I hope & pray we all from 2010 will come out totally from this big Hurricane.

Love_Young, Theresa_lynn, CEC, Ocean_end, GiGi, Mwwwaaan... thanks again for your friendship which was full of solace & sympathy.

Have a great new life in Canada.
Congrats to Teres, Ocean_end, Mark Anna!!!

I'm still waiting to hear from them. Hopefully I don't have to re-do the medicals.

Enjoy your life in Canada.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
awwww......this week has been very good one so far ,3 students have just graduated from the university college of immigration...lol and hopefully next week will be a mega week for all of us waiting for the second stage approval.......has anybody fone changed yet?..........folks enjoy the week and stay blessed ;D ;D ;D

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazyLucy said:
Not yet. I'm waiting for them to open it up. It's still in the mail queue from what the agents on the phone were telling me. I've been trying to ask someone what date the mail queue was on, but no one seems to know.
Hi CrazyLucy, I'm in the "mail queue" too! I received AIP and OWP on 30 November. I also received a letter asking for a copy of my renewed US passport and police certificate from England (I was stupid not to have gotten the police certificate done sooner).
I sent in those documents to Vegreville on approximately the 10 January.

I phoned CIC a few days ago and they said that currently they're opening mail from 23 December.

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazyLucy said:
I have my AIP and my OWP. However, I see everyone in their timelines with 'Medicals have been received' and I havent gotten that. This is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on August 24, 2010.

We started processing your application on October 15, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 19, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Is this just neglect from the people who work the E-Cas or have they not gotten my medicals? They didnt ask for my medicals when I got my AIP letter. They only asked me to do my UK police report. Am I worrying over nothing?
Hi again CrazyLucy,

I think we're in really similar situations. When I received AIP and OWP on Nov 30, they only asked for my UK police certificate (I lived there 10 years but US citizen; and they didn't need FBI check because I was 14 when I moved to England), and for me to renew my US passport.

There was nothing about the medicals in the letter, and eCas makes no mention of them. I phoned and asked whether I needed to renew medicals and they said no, it's fine. My FOSS notes indicated that medicals were received and passed.

I don't think you should worry, but for peace of mind just call and ask whether you need to re-do them.

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, and congrats to the recent 2nd stage approval people!!

I have a question about UK Police Certificates...

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that 9 years ago, when someone was 17 years old, they received a caution from the police in London for the possession of a very very minor amount of a Class C substance.
That person was informed that the caution would be stepped down by the time they turned 18.

As a result, when applying for PR Inland in Canada, this person ticked the box that said "no convictions", etc. because the caution was when they were under the age of majority and the caution would be "spent" at age 18.

When they received the ACRO UK Police Certificate it said "No Live Trace", meaning "there is criminal record information held about you on the PNC. However, this information does not appear on your Police Certificate as it has been 'stepped down' in accordance with the Retention Guidelines for Nominal Records on the PNC."

Can anyone shed some light about whether they should have declared this caution, or because it happened before the age of 18 and 9 years ago, they were correct in not including it, as the 5 years for 'rehabilitation' have passed?

Thanks in advance for anyone that has advice!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
absentgodot said:
Hi CrazyLucy, I'm in the "mail queue" too! I received AIP and OWP on 30 November. I also received a letter asking for a copy of my renewed US passport and police certificate from England (I was stupid not to have gotten the police certificate done sooner).
I sent in those documents to Vegreville on approximately the 10 January.

I phoned CIC a few days ago and they said that currently they're opening mail from 23 December.
I'm not sure what queue I'm in, but they've been telling me late August is the mail queue. A lot of other people have been giving me other dates, so I have no idea.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Clearly I'm in some other queue because around Christmas time they told me they were on early August, and now this time next month they're on late August. But everyone else is saying differently. I have called them quite a few times but they tell me there is no news and the mail queue is moving at the speed of a snail. So...as I said...Its pretty clear I'm in some other queue.

I'm just gonna stop worrying about it because there is no point. I dont think there is anything wrong with my application otherwise they would have told me...so...yeah. I'm just gonna kick back and wait.