+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

ericc

Sep 21, 2011
Hey Guy, I just need a piece of advice;
I am inland applicant and have 2 years visitor Visa. I would like to take online IELTS training.
How this should impact my petition?

Happy new year to you all.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
rjessome said:
I'm sorry but you knew that you needed police clearance from Turks and Caicos from the beginning of your application if you actually read the instruction forms. If it was ambiguous and the call centre was of no help, you couldn't find that informatioln on your own? No, of course it is CIC's fault. Go ahead and give them your feedback and it will be filled in the "round" file.
I understand where you are coming from, it actually took me three separate tries sending my information to Turks and Caicos in order to actually have it returned to me, and neither the police department there nor CIC were able to provide any information on how to actually have it returned to my possession. Only when I went out on a limb and used a friends small business fed-ex account and included a prepaid envelope (worth about $300) was I able to have the information returned to me, via the US. Turks and Caicos has a no ship restriction to Canada, luckily I have family in the US who were able to forward me the information. So, yes, I have been aware from the beginning that I would need a police clearance from there (for the 6.5 months I spent living there, barely qualifying me for a necessary security clearance, and one that can be waived if the officer sees fit) and have been trying for approximately a year and only just received it. So I would appreciate if you would refrain from using a judgemental tone, given that I asked on this forum and others for advice, and the only information I was given was to send a solemn affidavit, which I also did, and was not accepted by the CIC stating that I needed something from the government of T&C. When I asked the Call Centre for advice, their recommendation was to FLY THERE!!!!! Are you kidding me, this process is a joke!

I have no problem doing research, but there is a point when it becomes frustrating to continue to reach dead ends and have a "service" that cannot provide sufficient answers. So although the CIC may throw away what I have to say about their process maybe something will change for someone else and they won't have nearly the headaches I have had over the past year.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
So they sent off my OWP in November and I have yet to get it! Ugh! Seriously, I'm opening up a PO box. This is the 2nd time this has happened where I was supposed to get documents and they just never showed up!

Update: They were really quick with sending off my 2nd OWP and it will be sent to my residential address.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
gigi1612 said:
I received my FOSS notes and says BFD 2MOS, more waiting...

Also I checked the status of my application and it has change from "In Process" to "Decision Made"

and they add this part:

"We sent you a letter on xxxxxx to xxxxxx Scarborough,Ontario, Canada, xxxx about the decision on your application. Pleaseconsider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent theletter to the wrong address, please contact us."

But the agent told me that it only about the AIP I got on April nothing to do with the landing interview.

Any comments???
CONGRATS!!!!!

I think you've "graduated" from this immigration college ^_^

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
A little question here if anyone knows any thing about it. Thanks advanced.

When does CIC "usually" start security checking? (Not criminal)

I've been searching the answer online from last night but have got different answers.
The reason I asked it because I received another FOSS (CIC letter stated that is further info about me), on the paper, it shows that
RCMP checking passed, medical extension, but it's all empty (no requested date....)on my security checking part.... ???

Some people said, the security check is the final step at second stage, is it true? So does that mean even though my BFD date is on Mar 2012, but it might mean nothing to me since they haven't started the security things?

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tozo said:
thanks Angtao,well since Love Young is the one in charge for updates on the chart she has to give go ahead for it to be done by any of us .....am more than ready to help in this regard. ;D ;D ;D
I 've been reading through older posts because I now actually have a few minutes to spare after the holidays. Any help I can give at any time to update or whatever I will be glad to give as well.

I hope everyone's Christmas went well and I'm praying for good news for everyone in the new year. Still waiting for my P.R. card but it should be coming soon. Other than that, no news (except for bills) is good news. Did anyone get any good Christmas surprises in the mail ;)?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I will be updating hopefully tonight. I so sorry everyone. Everything has been so hectic between the holiday, work, and now my hubby's aunt being in the hospital. They are saying she may not make it through the night so my priorities are with the family for the moment. I greatly appreciate the offer for help though. I hope all of you are doing well and I miss talking with all of you.

P.S. I know there has been a huge delay in the update and I appreciate the help. However, I have worked on this thread and chart for over a year now so I would just like to be the last one to officially finish it since I have made it this far with it and it would be shameful to give up on it now, if that makes sense. Lol. Everything just keeps popping up every time I go to update it.

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
Hello everyone,
i have a question , after i checked my ecas i found this message :
We received your application for permanent residence on January 17, 2011.
We started processing your application on February 24, 2011.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
We sent you a letter on December 23, 2011 to xxxxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
since i have not received it yet , i contacted cic, and i was lucky they picked up the phone :)
the lady on the phone said that the letter confirms my application is completed and i am asked to pay the RPRF.
my question is can the fee be paid be at the local immigration office or i have to pay it in advance at the bank and senda copy of receipt by mail to vegreville.
Thank you very much
Taradil

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taradil said:
Hello everyone,
i have a question , after i checked my ecas i found this message :
We received your application for permanent residence on January 17, 2011.
We started processing your application on February 24, 2011.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
We sent you a letter on December 23, 2011 to xxxxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
since i have not received it yet , i contacted cic, and i was lucky they picked up the phone :)
the lady on the phone said that the letter confirms my application is completed and i am asked to pay the RPRF.
my question is can the fee be paid be at the local immigration office or i have to pay it in advance at the bank and senda copy of receipt by mail to vegreville.
Thank you very much
Taradil
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!....Thats is combo for you..you have been approved for both stages.after you receive your letter,you have to wait for your local office to schedule an interview for landing....well you can hold on and pay on the day of landing and you good to go....once again congrats..a nice way to start the new year.....happy new year :D :D :D :D :D

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hi guys! I need your help about this! anybody with knowledge about this can answer.

I am going to renew my Philippine passport, and I want my surname to be changed under my husband's name.

the thing is all my papers that I submitted to the immigration is still on my maiden name (PR application)...would it be a problem? or I just need to inform them about the change? what is the best thing to do...?

I am also applying for a work permit under my employer...and still on my maiden name.

Pls. help! thank you!

Charmaine

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmainefrances said:
Hi guys! I need your help about this! anybody with knowledge about this can answer.

I am going to renew my Philippine passport, and I want my surname to be changed under my husband's name.

the thing is all my papers that I submitted to the immigration is still on my maiden name (PR application)...would it be a problem? or I just need to inform them about the change? what is the best thing to do...?

I am also applying for a work permit under my employer...and still on my maiden name.

Pls. help! thank you!

Charmaine
Charmaine,well why dont you wait after this whole process to end so that you can take your time to do the change .....the reason why am saying this is that its can course more delays to the process and makes it a bit longer....that is my opinion

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
tozo said:
Charmaine,well why dont you wait after this whole process to end so that you can take your time to do the change .....the reason why am saying this is that its can course more delays to the process and makes it a bit longer....that is my opinion

Thanks TOzo! I was thinking of that as well...it's just that I am going to renew my passport pretty soon for my work permit (another story!)... and I need to travel to Vancouver to renew it (I'm from Alberta)... since I will go there, I just thought it would be nice if I'll do everything in one shot :) but yes, I think I'm going to wait til this stressful process ends! sigh! everything is so complicated! yayks! but what can I do ei? LOL.

:) Happy New Year!

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
Thank you very much Tozo and happy new year to you and to everybody.
I have not seen the letter yet since it is still on the way from vegreville,do you guys think that the letter will mention any instructions on if i can pay at the office (RPRF) or i need to mail it in advance.
Thank you again

nicole1204

Oct 2, 2011
AmandaHsu said:
A little question here if anyone knows any thing about it. Thanks advanced.

When does CIC "usually" start security checking? (Not criminal)

I've been searching the answer online from last night but have got different answers.
The reason I asked it because I received another FOSS (CIC letter stated that is further info about me), on the paper, it shows that
RCMP checking passed, medical extension, but it's all empty (no requested date....)on my security checking part.... ???

Some people said, the security check is the final step at second stage, is it true? So does that mean even though my BFD date is on Mar 2012, but it might mean nothing to me since they haven't started the security things?
I have the same question!!!
My RCMP and MED show PASSED, but Security is EMPTY!
But my BF'D was 29th Dec which is passed, nothing happen, means i am gonna wait for another 3 months?? Why so hard!!!!

AmandaHsu, can you please tell me what does "MED extension " means on your FOSS? and did you apply 2 FOSS? then how come you get 2 FOSS? Thanks.