INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Junglist82 said:
Hey everyone, I just received my OWP today in the mail. I was just wondering how can I get my a SIN number. Also, can I get OHIP too?
CONGRATS.....JUNGLIST,Well take your OWP with you to service canada, and you will be issue a sin number which takes about 5-10 business days to received the card......hope that helps you.

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
tozo said:
CONGRATS.....JUNGLIST,Well take your OWP with you to service canada, and you will be issue a sin number which takes about 5-10 business days to received the card......hope that helps you.
Thanks for that Tozo, it helped alot. Im going there tomorrow morning to get it sorted. Hopefully I will be working soon. Cant wait

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
finebaby said:
hello all,
please i have gone through the whole inland groups and actually found out that this grp has lots to offer and more experience. i am in inland 2011, August applicant and my husband is sponsoring me and we are just considering having children. since i dont have health coverage yet and no job yet, please does anyone have a better idea on what to do during pregnancy and how to go about it in this period. i meant antenatal registration, cost of childbirth and doctors visit and all. please someone should help. i believe there are already mothers in this group or expecting mothers.....please help explain how u got by. i dont want all theory as i have being reading but want to hear from an experienced mum because its more practical and realistic.
Thanks u all
Without health insurance the hospital will rip you off. It checked and it costs 7000 - 10,000 for normal delivery and 15,000 to 20,000 for any complication and you never know how your delivery is going to be. On top of that doctors regular check up and ultrasounds ... are more add-on.

Hope that helps.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cangaceiro said:
Hello friends, i got some news to share with you guys! We received letters today from Vegreville saying they transfer our App to Vancouver Office i really dont know why!? I live in Etobicoke!! Why not to my local office (Etobicoke)? Should i flight there for an interview? I dont think so!! :eek:
Applicants from Vancouver do you guys know how busy is that Office? Do you guys have any idea why they tranfer my App to there?
Thanks in advance! And Good luck to everyone!
Of course you don't have to travel all the way to Vancouver. They have made a mistake, and you should contact them ASAP before it causes even more delays on your application.. Get in touch with the call center immediately and tell them about it..

Any interviews regarding an application has to be done by CIC local office near the applicant's home address and Vancouver is not close to Etobicoke..

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
boasorte said:
Of course you don't have to travel all the way to Vancouver. They have made a mistake, and you should contact them ASAP before it causes even more delays on your application.. Get in touch with the call center immediately and tell them about it..

Any interviews regarding an application has to be done by CIC local office near the applicant's home address and Vancouver is not close to Etobicoke..
I would give the same advice as boasorte. You need to be getting in touch so that this can get fixed.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the cold weather!
i was just wondering why my wife can not log in to her e cas as she is the sponsor!
does it mean that they r working on the app?
i can log in without any problem and my e cas says app in PROCCESS

Thanks !

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
finebaby said:
hello all,
please i have gone through the whole inland groups and actually found out that this grp has lots to offer and more experience. i am in inland 2011, August applicant and my husband is sponsoring me and we are just considering having children. since i dont have health coverage yet and no job yet, please does anyone have a better idea on what to do during pregnancy and how to go about it in this period. i meant antenatal registration, cost of childbirth and doctors visit and all. please someone should help. i believe there are already mothers in this group or expecting mothers.....please help explain how u got by. i dont want all theory as i have being reading but want to hear from an experienced mum because its more practical and realistic.
Thanks u all
Sign up for traveler's or whatever medical insurance you are eligible for BEFORE you get pregnant!! Once pregnant, you would not be covered for anything relating to pregnancy. Insurance is expensive but pregnancy and childbirth is MORE expensive!

The process of pregnancy and childbirth in Canada is not cheap, even with a straight-forward pregnancy. The forms I needed from the doctor to go off work early due to complications cost $130, for example. I am the citizen so I can't help you with specifics as I had coverage through Alberta Health Care and my employer, but having recently had a baby, I can say that even with few actual problems in my pregnancy and the birth of our daughter, there were a lot of doctor visits, 2 ultrasounds because something wasn't showing on the first one, and extra days at the hospital because I had a fever during labour and the baby's heart kept stopping, so they were worried about infection to the baby. Baby spent a little time in NICU, I am sure that would be an extra charge....

If you can wait until you get PR (I think some people are able to get health care at AIP but that may depend on the province and someone else may be able to confirm that) then you will have much less expense and stress.

If you do decide to get pregnant before PR, others have suggested midwives as a good and less expensive option. Home birth, with a midwife and doula, would be less expensive. However, if you have complications during pregnancy or delivery you will likely be sent to a doctor or hospital. I think for my next one I would feel better with a midwife, actually, the doctor just seemed too impersonal.

I suggest starting a new thread regarding this topic and you should be able to get better answers from some who have gone through this without health care coverage. I can't remember any names of those people right now, sorry! (You may need to make a few more posts before being allowed to start a thread).

Whatever you decide, good luck!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
justina said:
Sign up for traveler's or whatever medical insurance you are eligible for BEFORE you get pregnant!! Once pregnant, you would not be covered for anything relating to pregnancy. Insurance is expensive but pregnancy and childbirth is MORE expensive!

The process of pregnancy and childbirth in Canada is not cheap, even with a straight-forward pregnancy. The forms I needed from the doctor to go off work early due to complications cost $130, for example. I am the citizen so I can't help you with specifics as I had coverage through Alberta Health Care and my employer, but having recently had a baby, I can say that even with few actual problems in my pregnancy and the birth of our daughter, there were a lot of doctor visits, 2 ultrasounds because something wasn't showing on the first one, and extra days at the hospital because I had a fever during labour and the baby's heart kept stopping, so they were worried about infection to the baby. Baby spent a little time in NICU, I am sure that would be an extra charge....

If you can wait until you get PR (I think some people are able to get health care at AIP but that may depend on the province and someone else may be able to confirm that) then you will have much less expense and stress.

If you do decide to get pregnant before PR, others have suggested midwives as a good and less expensive option. Home birth, with a midwife and doula, would be less expensive. However, if you have complications during pregnancy or delivery you will likely be sent to a doctor or hospital. I think for my next one I would feel better with a midwife, actually, the doctor just seemed too impersonal.

I suggest starting a new thread regarding this topic and you should be able to get better answers from some who have gone through this without health care coverage. I can't remember any names of those people right now, sorry! (You may need to make a few more posts before being allowed to start a thread).

Whatever you decide, good luck!
Just to add to Justinas comments. She has some very good points.
My pregnancy went perfectly for the first 7 months then things changed with 6 weeks to go. Mu baby stopped growing. I had to have an ultrasound twice a week. Then they decided to induce me a week early. After 3 treaments that didn't work and my babys heartbeat started to drop. I had to have an emergency C Section.
Thankfully, he is now a big and strong 4 month old.
But as Justina points out, without medical, the costs would or could be huge.
I got the best care in the world and am so thankful but if I did have to pay, it could have been anywhere between $35000 to $60000.
Just something to think about.
I know you can't put a price on your baby but really think about it

finebaby

Dec 19, 2011
Thanks you all. i so much appreciate ur explanations and swift response. it is indeed something to think about because anything can happen during pregnancy.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey GUYS.....WHATS GOING ON ....THE ROOM IS TOO QUITE......ANY GOOD NEWS?HOPE SO .... 8)

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
Hi Guys! It's meee again ;)

So I did my 1st stage back in September and I now have my work permit and SIN and health card and all the good stuff...while I wait to land as PR immigrant. The hold up is that I had to send in my FBI clearance late and they just now confirmed they have my FBI clearance but still haven't updated the file. How long do you think before I'll hear anything from them? My real questions concern people's landing experiences. Has anyone landed in Toronto recently? What as that like? Was it simple or really frustrating? When I go to the landing interview can I make sure they are issuing my PR card in my married name and not my maiden name from my passport?

Thank you all in advance, and happy holidays!! <3 <3

Sam

PLATON

Dec 21, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I will like to thank all of you for your remarks...They have helped me so much... My timeline, I received First stage approval in February,2011 and OWP at the same time... I have just checked my file via internet and it is stating Decision Made.

Does this mean that my Permanent Residency is being finalised? And now, I am just waiting for letters of confirmation from Vergeriville and then my local office will contact me for final interview?

Again, thanks to all for writing....

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Well still nothing for us!!!

Lady at call center sent a communication to Vegreville last week....I called back yesterday and Vegreville answered back that they were working on the file...nothing else....The lady basically said if you have'nt heard anything after christmas call us back....

Well if we have not heard anything after christmas it is my MP I will call....It is ridicoulous.....our application is quite simple ; same age, him Brit, me canadian born, no children .... no criminal past....I just don't understand and it is very frustrating !!! And worst of all....his Grand father was canadian and he is fought for Canadian army at WW2...really nothing to understand!!!!!

Very very frustrated by my country !!!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Saja, that is terrible. Maybe your io was on vacation or something. I would call again tomorrow and Friday. It is almost a 1 year wait for you and someone else just gott approved and there's was sent jan.12

Hang in there. :)

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PLATON said:
Hi Everyone,

I will like to thank all of you for your remarks...They have helped me so much... My timeline, I received First stage approval in February,2011 and OWP at the same time... I have just checked my file via internet and it is stating Decision Made.

Does this mean that my Permanent Residency is being finalised? And now, I am just waiting for letters of confirmation from Vergeriville and then my local office will contact me for final interview?

Again, thanks to all for writing....
Congratulations!!!! this is a good news..well just have to wait for the letters from vegreville office and wait for your local office to contact you for landing interview.......now you can have the sweetest Christmas ;D ;D ever hahahaha.whats is your local office.