+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[size=10pt][size=10pt]News Release – Canadian citizenship not for sale: Minister Kenney provides update of investigations into citizenship fraud
[/size][/size]
Montreal, December 9, 2011 — The Government of Canada is now investigating 6,500 people from more than 100 countries for fraudulently attempting to gain citizenship or maintain permanent resident status, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

"“Canadian citizenship is not for sale,”" said Minister Kenney. "“Canadians are generous people, but have no tolerance or patience for people who don’t play by the rules and who lie or cheat to become a Canadian citizen. The Government will apply the full strength of Canadian law to those who have obtained citizenship fraudulently.”"

In July, Minister Kenney announced that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) was beginning the process to revoke the citizenship of up to 1,800 citizens who obtained it fraudulently; that number has now risen to more than 2,100.

The Department has also been working on cases of those who are not yet citizens. Nearly 4,400 people with permanent resident status who are known to be implicated in residence fraud have been flagged for additional scrutiny should they attempt to enter Canada or obtain citizenship. The majority of these individuals are outside the country.

In typical cases, permanent residents will use the services of an unscrupulous immigration consultant to establish evidence of residence in Canada while living abroad most, if not all, of the time. This fraud is perpetrated so that individuals can maintain their permanent residence status and later apply for citizenship. A family of five may pay upwards of $25,000 over four or more years to create the illusion of residence in Canada.

"“My department is working closely with the Canada Border Services Agency, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and Canadian offices abroad to prevent people who are suspected of non-compliance with the permanent residence requirement from being admitted to Canada without proving they meet the requirements and take enforcement action when necessary,”" added Minister Kenney.

To date, of the 4,400 permanent residents who have been flagged, nearly 1,400 people have withdrawn or abandoned their citizenship application because of new scrutiny.

Permanent residents must acquire three years of residence out of four years to apply for Canadian citizenship. To retain their status as permanent residents, they must be physically present in Canada for two years out of five.

"“I encourage anyone who has information regarding citizenship fraud to call our tip line to report it,”" urged Minister Kenney.

Cases involving false representation, fraud or knowingly concealing material circumstances in the citizenship process – for example, pretending to be present in Canada to meet the residence requirements for obtaining citizenship – should be referred to the citizenship fraud tip line at CIC’s Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday). Tips may also be reported by e-mail at Citizenship-fraud-tips@cic.gc.ca. Those overseas can contact the nearest Canadian visa office.

All other fraud types related to immigration should be reported to the CBSA’s Border Watch Tip Line at 1 888-502-9060. Tips accepted by the Border Watch Tip Line include, but are not limited to, suspicious cross-border activity, marriages of convenience, misrepresentation in any temporary or permanent immigration application, or the whereabouts of any person wanted on an immigration warrant.

The Government of Canada is taking action to crack down on the actions of crooked consultants during the immigration process. Bill C-35, originally introduced as the Cracking Down on Crooked Consultants Act, came into force on June 30, 2011. The Act imposes penalties on unauthorized representatives who provide, or offer to provide, advice or representation for a fee at any stage of an immigration application or proceeding.

Photo will be available later today at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/photos/high-res/index.asp.

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada.

For further information (media only), please contact:

Candice Malcolm
Minister's Office
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-954-1064
Candice.Malcolm@cic.gc.ca

Media Relations
Communications Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations@cic.gc.ca

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Jurjen said:
You wrote that you're from the UK. That means you don't have a visa, only a visitor record. You're from a visa exempt country. So that's one big plus, then it's hard to be rejected at the border. Just make sure you meet the demands to enter to the US and then get back to Canada (even if you don't meet the demands for the US, you'll just turn around to Canada too).

So when you demand your OWP, you'll get a new visitor record and you can stay as long as your OWP allows you to (usually up to the date your passport expires).
The problem is that im actually banned from the USA. I overstayed my visa like 10 years ago, so I am not actually allowed in. So I just have to turn around at the Canadian port of entry.

As soon as I get my letter from CIC im gonna get this straight away. Its been a year and a half since ive worked. Cant wait to get back to it lol

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hi There i got update in my process today:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 10, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2011.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on December 9, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

I think this is not a "good news"!! What's that means?
Thank's!

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cangaceiro said:

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on December 9, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

Thank's!
Yeah, bud. This is not very good news. Apparently they transferred your file to local CIC and probably will ask for an interview. You should request your FOSS asap.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CEC said:
Yeah, bud. This is not very good news. Apparently they transferred your file to local CIC and probably will ask for an interview. You should request your FOSS asap.
I agree with this except that isn't a "probably" for an interview. They will interview you. It seems they doubt your relationship. Ordering your FOSS would be a very wise choice and it will help you see what the IO is doubting. I am very sorry about this Cangaceiro, stay strong.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
CEC, Theresa_Lynn, GiGi, Ocean.......June 2010 applicants
Nothing yet I don't know 8 months already over.....may be they want to treat our files according to new rules or what?!

The new regulation will impose a two-year period of conditional residency on foreign sponsored spouses and a five-year moratorium on their ...next marriage after divorce (If they divorce than)

“In a group of sheep & goats there are also hyenas now hunters are hunting for everybody”

“In a jungle wild fire green grass will burn with dry yellow grass”

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Mark_Anna said:
CEC, Theresa_Lynn, GiGi, Ocean.......June 2010 applicants
Nothing yet I don't know 8 months already over.....may be they want to treat our files according to new rules or what?!

The new regulation will impose a two-year period of conditional residency on foreign sponsored spouses and a five-year moratorium on their ...next marriage after divorce (If they divorce than)

“In a group of sheep & goats there are also hyenas now hunters are hunting for everybody”

“In a jungle wild fire green grass will burn with dry yellow grass”

Did they actually pass that new regulation ?? I thought it was only talks?:s

giacanada

Dec 10, 2011
Actually, just because they transfer your application to the local office without AIP, doesn't mean they WILL interview you. I just received mine without an interview and it was transferred from Vegreville to the local office. So, hopefully you don't have to go for an interview! Good Luck!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
giacanada said:
Actually, just because they transfer your application to the local office without AIP, doesn't mean they WILL interview you. I just received mine without an interview and it was transferred from Vegreville to the local office. So, hopefully you don't have to go for an interview! Good Luck!
That is great to hear but they should still prepare as if there will be one because in more cases than not they will interview you.

giacanada

Dec 10, 2011
Love_Young said:
That is great to hear but they should still prepare as if there will be one because in more cases than not they will interview you.
Oh yes, I just meant I hope they get approved without one.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Cangaceiro said:

I think this is not a "good news"!! What's that means
Thank's!

Hello! Where is your local office? Mine is in edmonton. They say it will take 18 to 24 months before they open it. Order ur foss notes. I
ordered mine and next week we are going to submit the answers regarding the remarks on our file.

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hi there, thank's for all the answers! I dont know what is going on! Tomorrow i'll talk to my consultant, and i have no problem at all to go to an interview, the only thing that worries me its WHEN they will go forward with my process!! How long its gonna take until finish!?! Anyways i'll keep you guys informed!

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Mine is Etobicoke!

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Cangaceiro said:

Thank's!
Sorry for your news. I suggest submitting additional evidence of your continuing relationship at least every 6 months. It worked for us, we submitted twice, and avoided an interview. Our process lasted 17 months AFTER our file was transferred. We were advised it could take as long as 3 years for hubby to get PR, it took us just under 2 years.

Corrine

Jan 31, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2010 Started Processing Jan 10,2011
AOR Received.
AIP Oct 26,2011
Med's Done....
22/10/2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made Nov 15,2011
LANDED..........
Dec 12,2011 Landed Etobicoke
Hi everyone, with the end of the year fast approaching I hope all 2010 applicants will have good news or will be landed. My husband landed today December 12,2011 at Etobicoke Office

The whole procedure was pretty quick once we got there about 30 minutes.

I seen some people state that the Etobicoke office is quite busy and it takes like six weeks to get a landing interview. Well in our case we got called to go two days after a decision was made, but we were unable to make that appointment.

Good luck the immigration process is really not that bad once you get through with the application, provide sufficient proof of your relationship, bypass the interview your good to go!!!