Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:
Hi Charmaine

You address the letter to "To whom it may concern"...

Statutory Declaration

CIC Address
CANADA

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I, WITNESS'S NAME, of Montreal in the province of Quebec do solemnly declare as follows:

1) I am NAME OF THE SPONSOR OR APPLICANT NAME's long-term friend.

2) NAME OF THE SPONSOR and NAME OF THE APPLICANT have been involved in a genuine and continuing relationship since Month date year. NAME OF THE SPONSOR and NAME OF THE APPLICANT got recently married in Country in Month, Year and they continue their relationship living now in City, Québec, Canada.

I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true, and knowing that it is the same force and effect as if made under oath.

WITNESS NAME
Witness Address
Witness Phone
This is way too formal.. I had 5 people write support letters for me and none of them wrote that way..
I just asked to each of them write about the way they see my relationship with my partner, who the person writing is, and how they know us and all that.. + signature and all contact information.
I would try to make things as casual as possible. I have a politician friend who wrote one of the support letters and not even him wrote as formal as the example above..

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Thank you so much! Canadiancitizen,justina, jurjen and Love young,

I really appreciate it! Now, I am confident with the documents we are going to send next week.

I requested for FOSS notes and we answered all the remarks they put on our file

They questioned why we have few pictures together but many pictures of the sponsor and applicant (solos) but on same location...we answered it, told them that we don't have a tripod and we were taking pictures of each other (duh ;D)

So submitted pictures last Nov. 1, 2011 to edmonton office (It was the same day our papers arrived from Vegreville- nice timing! :)

and next week, we will submit some pictures again...

and also they want a proof that I never married the father of my son in the Philippines, so I immediately asked my mom to request a certificate of no marriage from the statistics office there and she sent it to me last week.

we are also submitting copies of Alberta bluecross payments, joint bank account statement and our payslips and ofcourse letters from friends and family! :)

I have a good feeling that after we submit these documents it will be ok! though they say that it will take 18-24 months of waiting :(.... I know it will be worth it!

Thank you so much again!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
boasorte said:
This is way too formal.. I had 5 people write support letters for me and none of them wrote that way..
I just asked to each of them write about the way they see my relationship with my partner, who the person writing is, and how they know us and all that.. + signature and all contact information.
I would try to make things as casual as possible. I have a politician friend who wrote one of the support letters and not even him wrote as formal as the example above..
I completely agree, too formal. I did the same as you boasorte, I had them write the same and the letters came out great. It was nice to have such personalized letters saying how much they really care about us. :)

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Love_Young said:
I completely agree, too formal. I did the same as you boasorte, I had them write the same and the letters came out great. It was nice to have such personalized letters saying how much they really care about us. :)

Hi Love_Young, I saw your old post ... the letter from your mom. I cried when I read it... so touching! My mom also has a letter like that! :) I like it when she called you "baby" because I am also my mom's baby (unica hija)We are so fortunate we have mothers like them! :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
boasorte said:
I Totally agree with you Boasorte and Loveyoung, but I did not use those letters for my family or friends, I used them for my colleagues and actually my boss as well. I did not ask my family to support or testify about my wedding and relation with my hubby, cause I had plenty of pictures with them and him, I even sent a memory key with the wedding ceremony... which was held over the Atlantic... ok... and yes, for all my life events with my love, and my family I created an album, and because of that, I did not see the need to ask them to write letters confirming our relationship. .. ok :)

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
canadiancitizen said:
I Totally agree with you Boasorte and Loveyoung, but I did not use those letters for my family or friends, I used them for my colleagues and actually my boss as well. I did not ask my family to support or testify about my wedding and relation with my hubby, cause I had plenty of pictures with them and him, I even sent a memory key with the wedding ceremony... which was held over the Atlantic... ok... and yes, for all my life events with my love, and my family I created an album, and because of that, I did not see the need to ask them to write letters confirming our relationship. .. ok :)
What sort of letters a person requires depends on their situation, too. Our app was transferred to local office and we were submitting additional evidence a few months after the transfer. We eloped after a short time dating, which is why we wanted to include letters from parents. It was noted in our FOSS that no parents attended our wedding.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
justina said:
What sort of letters a person requires depends on their situation, too. Our app was transferred to local office and we were submitting additional evidence a few months after the transfer. We eloped after a short time dating, which is why we wanted to include letters from parents. It was noted in our FOSS that no parents attended our wedding.
Elope... that's so adorable, I think we should start telling our love stories... that would be so awesome...

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
To torontosunshine and my other dear friends on this board:

Today my wife and I went to the Chinese Embassy together and this time, after a lengthy battle, they finally accepted my wife's passport renewal application. The new passport should be ready to pick up in a month.

We are really happy about this. I want to thank torontosunshine wholeheartedly for your valuable advice and very kind help. Without your encouragement and tips, we wouldn't be able to get this done.

I really love this post. Everyone here is like a family member sharing experiences and supporting each other. The information people provide here is often better than what those so-called lawyers and immigration experts can offer.

Good luck, all brothers and sisters. May everyone get what they want.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Babyhangon said:

Today my wife and I went to the Chinese Embassy together and this time, after a lengthy battle, they finally accepted my wife's passport renewal application. The new passport should be ready to pick up in a month.

We are really happy about this. I want to thank torontosunshine wholeheartedly for your valuable advice and very kind help. Without your encouragement and tips, we wouldn't be able to get this done.

I really love this post. Everyone here is like a family member sharing experiences and supporting each other. The information people provide here is often better than what those so-called lawyers and immigration experts can offer.

Awww...oh my goodness what WONDERFUL news that is. I am so happy for you and also relieved that torontosunshine could help you get the advice you needed. Please let us know how things go, we would love to keep in touch with you. CONGRATS from the bottom of my heart. :)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hey guys,

Should I order FOSS notes? I remember reading the forms and having questions. Does anyone have any notes saved from this thread at all about FOSS notes? There are over 500 pages and I remember reading things to do and not to do.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Congrats Babyhangon, I'm happy for you too, whew!!!!! I felt so bad when I thought about your situation some days ago.
That might be the great gift for your Xmas though, LOL.

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody, long time no talk!
The last time I spent a lot of time on here was the end of August, and I was mega-stressing out. One of you (Love_Young maybe?) suggested I take a break, and I did. And it helped, a lot. I was away longer than I meant to though, LOL.
GOOD NEWS!
I checked eCas today, and though my application was received 20 December 2010 and they are processing applications from 13 December 2010, it said "A decision has been made and you will be contacted".
I phoned CIC right away, and they confirmed that I got AIP on November 30 and they sent me a letter!
I hardly dreamt this day would come. Now I just have to stress about my second stage approval, but at least I know we're making progress! ;)

I hope you are all doing well and getting good news too!!!

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Babyhangon said:

Hi,Babyhangon. so glad to see that you have got your problems solved!!!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Babyhangon said:

Wow! That's a real victory in your process! Congrats!! :D

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi Inlanders friends (Especially June 2010 applicants)
CEC, Theresa_Lynn, GiGi, Ocean etc
Today I finished my 8 months of waiting for second statge approval, I received my AIP & OWP on 6th April 2011.

Not yet anything hope very soon christmas gift will come ......................