vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,CEC
I totally understand your feel.
we're in the same boat. My AIP was issued on April,6th,2011. And I give a call to CIC last week, a lady told me to wait till next year Feb, if no news on that time, then call them back.
My medical will expire on next year Feb, so that's why she told me call back. On that time, i could check do i need to redo it or not. :'(
I don't know either why it took so long. It drive me and my husband crazy~~~
CEC said:
Mark_Ana, Gigi, Oceans etc

I called CIC to complain about they asking for again for my medicals to be done. I asked them to transfer me to the complain department. They took down my number and after two days they called me.

Some lady called Maria called me and she said my medicals are expiring in March 2012! (it was made in March 2010)

I asked her why they heck they are asking me to redo it since it has not even expired yet. I was extremely upset on the phone. I told them everything about I think about CIC, such as being ineffective, disrespectful with the applicants, not following timelines etc.

She said the IO probably asked me to redo the tests cause he/she is afraid my application will take longer to be finished than March 2012, and if it happens, it needs to be redone.

I told her it does not make any sense since my AiP was granted in April 2011 and in December it will complete the 11 months which is the timeline given by CIC. And also if I redo my medicals, CIC take MONTHS to update any info in our files and it would delay even more my application.

She said there is nothing she can do (really?) and it is up to me if I want to redo the medicals. She said in case my 2nd stage approval is granted before March 2012 it would not be necessary to be redone. So I got to wait and see. So of course I will undergo the medicals again.

I told her that it is one more example of how pathetic and disrespectful CIC is. They are asking me to go thru all the medical process again IN CASE they need the medicals again. I told it is not fair we have to pay for their inefficiency. If they take YEARS to process applications it is not our fault and we cannot pay for it. We are at their mercy.

Anyway, she was not rude on the phone and she said when my 2nd stage approval is granted that we do not need to wait for our local office to call us for the interview (which in my case it might take other 3 months after the appl. is finished). She said we can go to the border and get everything done on the spot. I didn't know that. is that correct?

Good luck to us all

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
My inlanders friends especially June 2010 applicants,
CEC
Theresa_Lynn
GiGi
Ppmmwanm
Oceans we all are in the same boat
I got my AIP & OWP on 6th April 2011 but still waiting for second stage & it is almost 8 months now. The agent told me that they don't need anything from me all documents what they want are with them. The only thing is I need to wait some weeks more......I don't know why?

By the way this conservative government is making all rules harder & harder for all immigrants. CEC don't get upset (I know your feelings but we don't have any choice left) They are player now with all cards in their hands, once you will get your status then you are free. That's ok without wasting any time redo your medical and send them (F*%#$ing) immigration.

I will let you know guys as soon as I receive any good or bad news. take care

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
By the way I did my medical on 15th May 2010 at that time in past

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
tozo said:
hello chau01,

General correspondence (general inquiries, documents requested by CPC Vegreville, withdrawal requests, additional information):

CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

good luck
Thnaks Tozo
We applied for PR in May2011. Now my wife is pregnant.
Is it advisable to send them updated information?
Will they expedite the appliaction ?

Thanks

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chau01 said:
Thnaks Tozo
We applied for PR in May2011. Now my wife is pregnant.
Is it advisable to send them updated information?
Will they expedite the appliaction ?

Thanks
whats kind of update information do you want forward to CIC and have they requested that you send in some additional information?

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hi there! I just wanna know if we are going to ask friends and family to write a letter for us (to prove that our marriage is genuine)... should they address it to " DEAR IMMIGRATION OFFICER":????? what should they write?

Or cards and letters from friends and family addressed to us would be enough? (not notarized yet) is that necessary?

Thank you in advance!

dvhtu

Jul 25, 2011
tozo said:
hello chau01,

General correspondence (general inquiries, documents requested by CPC Vegreville, withdrawal requests, additional information):

CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

good luck

I also sent some additional documents to CIC but I sent it to the other postal code (T9C 1W3).
Will that cause some problem? Do you know if they will still attach it to my application? (I wrote "to be attached to permanent resident application Client ID #xxxxxxxx)
Thanks.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just thought I would share this with you guys:

Entered the country for the first time after becoming a PR on December 2nd.
I spent 3 weeks in my home country visiting family.
Leaving Canada was pretty easy since here they don't request any document for your departure.

Coming back was very easy too. Showed passport w/ pr card.. "What was the reason for the trip? anything to claim(gifts, electronics)... Passport stamped.. welcome home!"

This experience was much easier than the first time I entered this country, three years ago. I was only 18, and they took me to another room where they interrogated me about all the details about my trip, it was very hard because i couldn't speak english very much, so I just gave them all the documents I had.. At the time, I was on a student visa.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
charmainefrances said:
Hi there! I just wanna know if we are going to ask friends and family to write a letter for us (to prove that our marriage is genuine)... should they address it to " DEAR IMMIGRATION OFFICER":????? what should they write?

Or cards and letters from friends and family addressed to us would be enough? (not notarized yet) is that necessary?

Thank you in advance!
Hi Charmaine

You address the letter to "To whom it may concern"...

Statutory Declaration

CIC Address
CANADA

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I, WITNESS’S NAME, of Montreal in the province of Quebec do solemnly declare as follows:

1) I am NAME OF THE SPONSOR OR APPLICANT NAME's long-term friend.

2) NAME OF THE SPONSOR and NAME OF THE APPLICANT have been involved in a genuine and continuing relationship since Month date year. NAME OF THE SPONSOR and NAME OF THE APPLICANT got recently married in Country in Month, Year and they continue their relationship living now in City, Québec, Canada.

I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true, and knowing that it is the same force and effect as if made under oath.

WITNESS NAME
Witness Address
Witness Phone

moony

Oct 10, 2011
Hi guys!!! I want to share with you my GOOD NEWS!!! Today morning I had my landing interview )))) Now it's done! I am so happy! Finally! They said PR card will be in approximately 8 weeks. I got my AIP in April. Guys who are still waiting, I hope and I think you will receive your second stage and PR status soon!

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
charmainefrances said:

Thank you in advance!
It is recommended that such letters be notarized, and in that case the format suggested by canadiancitizen is perfect.

In our case, we did not get any letters notarized, but wrote to friends and family asking them to write letters stating that they knew of our relationship. We followed the advice from Allison JVC in this post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/relationship-support-letters-examples-t47010.0.html in our requests for letters. This post shows a few examples.

We received letters with a large assortment of views - from my parents, my sister, and friends (all born Canadian citizens), friends in the country on various visas, and permanent residents. We also had emails from my husband's family, as it wasn't possible to get letters in time for when we were submitting additional evidence. We asked about 30 people if they would consider writing letters for us, and received and submitted about 15. We were not asked to get anything notarized later.

However, in saying this, it would probably be a good idea to at least get some letters notarized. Depends how many you want to send. I seem to recall way back then that someone didn't have as much success with their letters that were not notarized.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
justina said:
would probably be a good idea to at least get some letters notarized. Depends how many you want to send. I seem to recall way back then that someone didn't have as much success with their letters that were not notarized.
I would suggest having and a Commissioner of Oaths to sign and stamp these letters (I dont knw how other provinces works, but here in Quebec you can find them at the City hall or in a bank. They cannot charge you more than 5$, and they can only witness the signature, which is good enough for CIC. CIC does not request notorized documentation however, they might ask, if needed, the original (we sent the originals). Haven said this, you need to sign all documentation with a blue pen.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Notarizing witness' letters? Isn't that a bit over the top? Just add a telephone number, so that CIC can contact the person in case of doubt.

That being said... A lot of people did not even include witness' letters. They still got approved. In my case, we included a very minimum of proof of relationship (a few pictures, a Skype call history and proof of joint bank account) and I still got accepted (even got 1st and 2nd stage on the same day). Don't make things more complicated then they are. Don't delay the application by sending a week of reading material for the agent, you might even risk pissing off the agent with such a big package.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Jurjen said:
Notarizing witness' letters? Isn't that a bit over the top? Just add a telephone number, so that CIC can contact the person in case of doubt.

That being said... A lot of people did not even include witness' letters. They still got approved. In my case, we included a very minimum of proof of relationship (a few pictures, a Skype call history and proof of joint bank account) and I still got accepted (even got 1st and 2nd stage on the same day). Don't make things more complicated then they are. Don't delay the application by sending a week of reading material for the agent, you might even risk pissing off the agent with such a big package.
I wouldn't goes as far as to say that, really. Everybody's proof and what they feel comfortable with is different. It is best to send more than less but of course you don't need to overwhelm them. I sent over 400 pages of evidence alone and got approved as well. I didn't notarize any letter but maybe one. I agree, general contact information should be enough. I see what you are trying to say here Jurjen that you don't need an extreme amount of evidence but we don't know what their evidences are. To better phrase it, go for "quality over quantity" and if you must have quantity, like myself, make sure it is "quality quantity".

ghurriaa

Dec 5, 2011
hello i m intended to apply student visa of canada. i do have confusion that is. my sponcer is from calagary n i want to get admission in ACCA which is in tornto. can u plss tell me that is there any problem cz of sponcer n college is nt in same city of canada.