yankanuck

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for Medical Practitioner in the GTA area.

Thanks!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Midcityjohn said:
Based on CIC policies. In theory, a person could float here on tire with no passport and still be able to apply if they got married to a Canadian person. Person being resident, citizen, or first nation aboriginal. Legal status is not required under spousal class. Not suggesting it...just saying.
That's correct.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
News Release – Up, up and away: Parent and Grandparent Super Visa takes flight today

Ottawa, December 1, 2011 — The first applications for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa will be accepted today, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced.

The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is one element of Phase I of the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification, announced in November. The Super Visa will allow applicants to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without having to renew their status.

To be eligible, the applicant must:

•Be a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;

•Provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada, including proof that the child or grandchild meets the minimum necessary income (Low Income Cut-Off);

•Undergo the Immigration Medical Examination;

•Submit proof that they have purchased comprehensive Canadian medical insurance, valid for at least one year; and

•Satisfy the visa officer that they meet all other standard admissibility criteria.

Current processing times through the Family Class indicate that many parents and grandparents could wait for eight years or more to be accepted to Canada. With the Super Visa, they could be enjoying the company of their family in about eight weeks.

Code:

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Love_Young said:
Hi Babyhangon.
Firstly, please send your wife my biggest of congrats and to you as well. What date was her previous status dated up to? I believe it might be wise to try and contact CIC about it. However, if you are out of status, the last I read just because you get AIP doesn't technically put you into any status. Of course as I am sure as you know now the best would have been to submit the OWP with the application before her status expired. You may need to have her restore her status and then apply for the work permit. But if that is the case, it may be tough but she might as well just wait to get PR status especially if it would take too long to do the other stuff before landing.
[size=12pt]

To LoveYoung and all others that may be able to help us:

We are having a big problem now and are stuck in the middle!!

The AIP letter my wife received requires her to renew her passport and send in a photocopy within 90 days before they can continue processing her case. So my wife went to the Chinese Embassy in Toronto with the AIP letter but they refuse to renew her passport for the reason that she doesn't have a valid status (PR, work permit, or study permit).

So she is stuck! Her passport will expire next month around Xmas. Without a new one, CIC won't continue her case. She is devastated now and wants to leave Canada immediately. She told me she had enough of this xxxx.

I try to cool down and figure out what options we have. She came to Canada in 2008 with a visitor's visa. The visa expired in six months and unfortunately never got renewed. (I know it's a stupid mistake.)

I phoned a couple of immigration consultants and was told that we would have to close the current inland application and start an outland one because CIC wouldn't give my wife PR due to her soon-to-expire passport.

I feel very hard to follow these people's advice because we've already gone so far on the inland app. If we drop it, all the waiting would be wasted and my wife and I would have to separate in two different countries.

If we want to continue on the inland app, we'll have to provide the Chinese Embassy with a valid Canadian visa such as a work permit. We already tried online OWP application and were turned down.

So guys, how do we get a valid work permit? I've read LY's post about restoring her status first? How do we do that? And how long will it take? After restoring her visitor's status, we still have to apply for an OWP and then get her passport renewed with OWP. Assume everything goes smoothly, we get a new passport and send it to CIC.

This sounds complicated and time consuming. If anything goes wrong, my wife would end up with an expired passport with no valid status in Canada. That would be a huge disaster.

So, please, anybody has any advice? I don't mind paying a professional to get this straighten out.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Babyhangon, can you try to investigate right away if your wife can authorize (fill in some forms and send back to China with her signature) her family in China to renew the passport for her remotely? Each country will be different, you may want to learn about it as soon as possible. And you should also learn how long it takes to renew/restore the passport in China too.

You will be lucky if the Chinese gov't allows to do that remotely. My country won't accept that. They needs to see the applicant in person.
My country also requires around 1 month to renew/restore passport. If China is the same, that means your time is running out. You need to decide in a couple of days only. It's tough.

You only have 1 month left. If that time is enough to restore passport in China. And if in the worst case that you can't do anything else except leaving Canada. I recommend your wife take the last risk to return China and renew the passport. She had to bring all Inland papers with her. After the passport is done, she can try her luck to re-enter Canada with all AIP papers in hand. Many people recommends not leaving Canada during Inland process, especially your wife doesn't have any status. However, if it comes to the last choice and you're against the wall, I think that is also a small hole to challenge your luck. You need to make the tough decision in very short time. If I were you, I wouldn't be sane enough to decide it either. The future is in your hands, isn't it? I'm really wishing you the best luck.

I didn't apply for OWP or restore WP status yet. I didn't know the time for it. I guess the awaiting time should be 20 to 90 days. Please wait for other people's answer on this part.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
Babyhangon said:
[size=12pt]

The AIP letter my wife received requires her to renew her passport and send in a photocopy within 90 days before they can continue processing her case. So my wife went to the Chinese Embassy in Toronto with the AIP letter but they refuse to renew her passport for the reason that she doesn't have a valid status (PR, work permit, or study permit).

So she is stuck! Her passport will expire next month around Xmas. Without a new one, CIC won't continue her case. She is devastated now and wants to leave Canada immediately. She told me she had enough of this xxxx.

I try to cool down and figure out what options we have. She came to Canada in 2008 with a visitor's visa. The visa expired in six months and unfortunately never got renewed. (I know it's a stupid mistake.)

I phoned a couple of immigration consultants and was told that we would have to close the current inland application and start an outland one because CIC wouldn't give my wife PR due to her soon-to-expire passport.

I feel very hard to follow these people's advice because we've already gone so far on the inland app. If we drop it, all the waiting would be wasted and my wife and I would have to separate in two different countries.

If we want to continue on the inland app, we'll have to provide the Chinese Embassy with a valid Canadian visa such as a work permit. We already tried online OWP application and were turned down.

So guys, how do we get a valid work permit? I've read LY's post about restoring her status first? How do we do that? And how long will it take? After restoring her visitor's status, we still have to apply for an OWP and then get her passport renewed with OWP. Assume everything goes smoothly, we get a new passport and send it to CIC.

This sounds complicated and time consuming. If anything goes wrong, my wife would end up with an expired passport with no valid status in Canada. That would be a huge disaster.

So, please, anybody has any advice? I don't mind paying a professional to get this straighten out.

This might work. Try talking to the top on the embassy.. The embassy worker might have no Idea of the whole scenario. Or at least send an email to the top/Ambassador explaining that your wife have AIP already.. I hope it works...

Did your wife forgot the expiration of her passport? I guess the reason you were turned down on OWP online application is because of the passport expiration. If you have AIP and validity of the passport will last until Final decision, no reason to turn you down.

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babyhangon said:
[size=12pt]

Hey guys... I received AIP back in October and I am out of status, I applied for the OWP which is not a status itself... but with that you can get a SIN or something like that... it takes 56 days last time I checked with the call center ( last week) so I heard it is faster if you do it by actual physical letter (Online takes longer... right? how do you explain CIC's wayof thinking?) so if they do take 60 days you will still have sometime window to send CIC the copy or at least a letter saying it is in process and you guys had to do this and that to get the passport... I really hope it works for you guys... this waiting is horrible and waiting this long for nothing sucks... if that happen to me I would just go back to the states with my family, I can't imagine being apart of my wife and children...

I wish the best for you guys...

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
called CIC today still doing my background check after 12 month from AIP, for the people that get AIP/DM made at the sametime, does that mean the background check is omitted? how can it take a month to do someones background check and 12 month for another person?!?

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
oceans_end said:
called CIC today still doing my background check after 12 month from AIP, for the people that get AIP/DM made at the sametime, does that mean the background check is omitted? how can it take a month to do someones background check and 12 month for another person?!?
I've read on some thread here that people who have received AIP/DM at the same time have straight forward application.. Meaning the sponsor/sponsored person have no previous marriages/relationships. no child/children, no dependents, no expired visa, no expired work permit. And the sponsored person didn't live in any other country other than his home country and Canada. So background check is not that time consuming...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babyhangon said:
[size=12pt]

Ask for an extension of the 90 days advising them of the situation. Apply for the OWP right away.

Jul 26, 2011
Babyhangon, don't give up. We were in the similar situation with you. My husband doesn't have a valid status and a valid passport either. In September we got letter from CPCV requesting for my husband's renewed passport. We went to the Chinese embassy with the letter. They first refused us for the same reason. However after we explained our situation and the inland sponsorship process to them, they accepted our application. Now my husband has got his new passport. You shou go there again and present them the AIP letter. That letter should be enough to tell them that your wife can stay in Canada legally, at least in the period of waiting for PR status. Good Luck!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontosunshine said:
Babyhangon, don't give up. We were in the similar situation with you. My husband doesn't have a valid status and a valid passport either. In September we got letter from CPCV requesting for my husband's renewed passport. We went to the Chinese embassy with the letter. They first refused us for the same reason. However after we explained our situation and the inland sponsorship process to them, they accepted our application. Now my husband has got his new passport. You shou go there again and present them the AIP letter. That letter should be enough to tell them that your wife can stay in Canada legally, at least in the period of waiting for PR status. Good Luck!
I agree with torontosunshine..........,babyhangon just go back to the embassy and explain to them how the process works with regard to the inland sponsorship as one can stay without a status and i hope they will understand.....because from experience some people dont really understand how the inland sponsorship work.the embassy of china is here to assist Chinese so i hope they help you with this....dont give up on them and stay positive....good luck

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visita44 said:
I've read on some thread here that people who have received AIP/DM at the same time have straight forward application.. Meaning the sponsor/sponsored person have no previous marriages/relationships. no child/children, no dependents. And the sponsored person didn't live in any other country other than his home country and Canada. So background check is not that time consuming...
I think it could be a factor but not a 100%... I feel my app is very straight forward, since none of us has being previously married, nor we have kids out of the marriage ( we have one kid together and and one in the way) I am a US citizen and lived in Mexico during my childhood and teens and we have no dependents other than our children... and I was given just AIP... I think it has a lot to do with the human factor... who knows... but AIP works better for me... It seems it is faster to get an OWP (which I did not include at 1st in the app) than getting the PR card... it seems like the PR card is taking forever in some places...

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
visita44 said:
I've read on some thread here that people who have received AIP/DM at the same time have straight forward application.. Meaning the sponsor/sponsored person have no previous marriages/relationships. no child/children, no dependents, no expired visa, no expired work permit. And the sponsored person didn't live in any other country other than his home country and Canada. So background check is not that time consuming...
We should be straight forward as well, we got married right out of university no previous marriage/common law, no children/dependents on either side, sponsored person came to Canada when he was 9 and never left. Maybe background check is done, but the local office is super slow in processing the applications? could that be? I heard Ottawa was suppose to be very very slow.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Babyhangon said:
I'm so sorry to read that!

I would go with torontosunshine's advice: keep trying, ask for superiors (often low-end personnel is not allowed to make exceptions, superiors can) and work your way up. If that doesn't help. Let her go back to China, renew the passport there and send a scan of the passport, so you can print it and send it to Vegreville. Maybe send a letter in advance that the passport has been requested, but that chinees authorities are working slow, as soon as the deadline comes too close.

After that, she'll need to make a water-proof visa request to get back to Canada.