+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, quick questions for everyone. Do you need to apply for a Permanent Residence Card after landing? Or do you have to apply for it by yourself? After how long should you expect to get the card?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh YEAH,its not a bad jump.....7 days jump is ok than nothing.In fact they are actually far head of the processing times and hopefully they are 2 weeks ahead of processing time.keep your heads up and stay positive .........good luck to all....whats about the stage approvals still in the wait. ;)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
pptk703 said:
Hello, quick questions for everyone. Do you need to apply for a Permanent Residence Card after landing? Or do you have to apply for it by yourself? After how long should you expect to get the card?
After your landing, the IO will submit an application for the PR card for you. It took me about 2 months. I would say it is about 2-3 months wait time but you can check in my PR card timeline thread or on the CIC site for better estimates. :)

babel said:
hi guys i just spoke on phone to a cic agent and she told me that they have approved me for first stage and sent me a letter on the 24th of november.Further more i asked her if i need to redo my medical or send my security clearance again? she said that they have not requested it yet so they will contact me if they require it again. As far as i can tell this seems to be a good news because if they are not requesting me to redo the medical and security clearance then they might give me the 2nd stage approval soon.What do you guys think, in case of both stages being approved together do you get the aip and the 2nd stage letters togther or is there a few days gap.

app sent dec 16th 2010
started processing 4th feb 2011
AIP november 24 2011 ( 11 months and 8days )
Firstly, do you know how or can you check your e-Cas for your status? That is the only way to really know if you were approved for both stages together. Yes, there is definitely a good chance that if they don't need anything else from you that you can get second stage soon. Unfortunately no one can really tell you just how long it will be. Hopefully very soon though.

babel said:
my 2nd question is ,,if i dont get the 2nd stage approval right away can i apply for my owp when i receive my aip letter from cic my current status is a student and i am graduating in a week so i could also get the three years post graduate work permit.....please advice me how to apply for the owp.
Yes, you can still apply for an OWP. You can apply online or by mail.

angtao said:
LY, how is everything going? Thanks for the chart btw. It looks great. I was just wondering what your thoughts are on some July applicants in the 2011 thread getting AIP. I mean, it is a very good thing but I was just wondering your thoughts on that and why only a few people in July have got AIP?
Hey there angtao, everything is going well. Thanks for asking. How are things going for you lately? Oh you are welcome, glad you like it. :) Looks promising doesn't it. I actually don't know what to think on this all or even why they are doing it this way. I am happy for those people but frustrated for those that are still waiting that applied before. It should always be "first come, first serve".

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
gigi1612 said:
I love poutine. Theres's a deal on KFC $5 for sandwich and poutine. I've been gaining weoght since I saw this deal. LOL
:eek: What, really? Wish they had that deal here. :(

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity said:
Buddy,

I hear you about missing the US, specially New York City - I was living and working in Manhattan before moving to Toronto. However, I have to tell you that I strongly disagree with anyone stating that the US is better than Canada or vice versa. Generalizing about it will inevitably lead you to make inaccurate statements about either country, which is unfair and misleading. Of course, it is understood that you are entitled to your own opinion and that what you describe is based on your very own personal experience, which should be respected.

As far as I am concerned, what in essence allows you to have a "better life" in North America has little to do with your place of residence, having tons of money, being of a certain race, religion, etc. None of that matters! What truly matters is how committed you are to make out of your own experience a great one, and how much effort you are willing to put into it to make it happen. If you have what it takes to accomplish what you really want - and I believe we all do whether we embrace it or not, - happiness and overall success will follow you wherever you go in this part of the planet, and in many others for that matter. Life is better when you make it better, and those of us who have the privilege of living in either the US or Canada - or both, - have been blessed with all the necessary material advantages and freedoms to achieve a prosperous life. That's why I love Canada and everything it has to offer, which has never diminished my love and devotion for the US or my home country in South America - I am double immigrant!! :)

Just a friendly thought!

:)

S.
I know every comment here is a friendly thought... that's why I keep coming here... I find great people with great disposition to help each other. I have never lived in New York, I have a really good friend there, and actually my wife and I were told last week we are expecting a baby boy so we will name this baby boy after this friend, so at some point I will go to New York... no so much for the excitement of the city but because of my friend... I lived in Los Angeles area and Albuquerque New Mexico, I am happy the respect for my own opinion is acknowledge, and using this right again, In my very own personal experience, so far, I still like the States a lot more than Canada... and I say so far because I have no idea how everything will chance in the future... could it be because this process is so long and frustrating? I do not know... but as a Mexican, because I am a 100% mexican that was born in the US and then lived in the US for a looooong time.. as a Mexican I like much more the States... the weather, the food, my family and extended family... you see I am not saying Canada is a bad place, I am just saying I like the US better for those reasons... And I am just saying if for any reason my application is declined I do not have a problem going back to the States... I would probably throw a party ( and you all will be invited of course ) What I am saying is that it seems like the Canadian Immigration system works under the idea that it is giving people a dream come true... and it could be for some people... but for people who has to choose between Canada or the US... I would say it comes to your own decision... I like the States much better, but once again, that could change and in 5, 10 or 20 years I might say I like Canada better...

As far as achieving your own goals and dreams I totally agree with you... the main factor is the person, not the environment around that person... the richest man in earth lives in Mexico (Carlos Slim Helu) a country that many people leave because of the lack of opportunities...

I still like the US better... you have no idea how I miss a nice late afternoon sitting in my backyard in Albuquerque... eating a green chilli burger... or walking by the beach in Santa Monica or Venice in los Angeles... Canada has not granted me an experience like that so far... it might in the future... I hope it will...

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
mexicanito said:
I know every comment here is a friendly thought... that's why I keep coming here... I find great people with great disposition to help each other. I have never lived in New York, I have a really good friend there, and actually my wife and I were told last week we are expecting a baby boy so we will name this baby boy after this friend, so at some point I will go to New York... no so much for the excitement of the city but because of my friend... I lived in Los Angeles area and Albuquerque New Mexico, I am happy the respect for my own opinion is acknowledge, and using this right again, In my very own personal experience, so far, I still like the States a lot more than Canada... and I say so far because I have no idea how everything will chance in the future... could it be because this process is so long and frustrating? I do not know... but as a Mexican, because I am a 100% mexican that was born in the US and then lived in the US for a looooong time.. as a Mexican I like much more the States... the weather, the food, my family and extended family... you see I am not saying Canada is a bad place, I am just saying I like the US better for those reasons... And I am just saying if for any reason my application is declined I do not have a problem going back to the States... I would probably throw a party ( and you all will be invited of course ) What I am saying is that it seems like the Canadian Immigration system works under the idea that it is giving people a dream come true... and it could be for some people... but for people who has to choose between Canada or the US... I would say it comes to your own decision... I like the States much better, but once again, that could change and in 5, 10 or 20 years I might say I like Canada better...

As far as achieving your own goals and dreams I totally agree with you... the main factor is the person, not the environment around that person... the richest man in earth lives in Mexico (Carlos Slim Helu) a country that many people leave because of the lack of opportunities...

I still like the US better... you have no idea how I miss a nice late afternoon sitting in my backyard in Albuquerque... eating a green chilli burger... or walking by the beach in Santa Monica or Venice in los Angeles... Canada has not granted me an experience like that so far... it might in the future... I hope it will...
Nothing like Los Angeles buddy!! Severe winter weather is turn off of Canada.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mexicanito said:

Fair enough! :) And I too hope that you, and all other newcomers to Canada in this thread, may soon experience the greatness of this fantastic country.

Cheers

S.

babel

Nov 11, 2010
@ LY hi actually on my ecas (i am the one being sponsored) it only said that a decision has been made and you will be contacted , thats it no mention of a medical or a letter being sent and the status still says in process. Just to confirm the aip i called cic and they told me that i have been approved for the first stage and they have sent me a letter on the 24th of november which i haven't received as of yet. According to the agent she said that they haven't asked for a new medical or new security checks. when we applied we sent both the medical and security checks from my home country with my app so i am just hoping that they give me the 2nd stage soon.

app received 16th dec
started processing 4th feb
AIP 24th november

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Love_Young said:
Yes, you can still apply for an OWP. You can apply online or by mail.
Are you sure it's possible to apply online? CIC told me I had to do it by mail. Since the online application will arrive at the Work Permits department, but the AiP OWP needs to be approved by the PR department.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
tozo said:
hello guys,
how long does cic takes to attached requested information......i send in my police certificate , copy of passport and they received it on the august 19,2011 and the call agent says she cannot see it been attached.....am wondering how long its takes to attached to file.....i know its take 3 or 4 months but its taking longer than expected......hope they act fast for the second stage approval.....still patiently waiting.
Hi Tozo

I can't tell how long they take but I noticed that it doesn't really matter that Ecas showed it or not ( or what call agent said ).

Here is my example if it helps

I sent a letter that regarding my son's name changed and his medical things at the end of July 2011.
I got my AIP at Sep 2011 and my son received a letter from Hong Kong office at the beginning of Oct 2011, which showed his new name on the letter already.
Last month, my son's Ecas shows "medical received" but mine not yet.

The funny part is coming...

I called CIC last month and the agent told me they didn't see "any additional documents" from me on computer
well, then how come they've changed my son's name already and received the medical :p :p :p

anyway, what I want to say is, don't worry too much about what the agent said or even other people (include me)'s experience, as you know, everyone's case is different, just do your best, you'll get it.

Good luck ;) ;) ;)

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Love_Young said:
Technically though, AIP is not a status. If you are out of status, you have to get back into that first. As said even when they went to apply online, it wouldn't let them progress further because the status was already gone. I used to know how to explain this better before but I had learned of this all from matthewc. He is quite informative of the inland process.
Hubby was not required to restore his status to apply for the OWP. But he mailed in the paper app, did not try online.

leo_liu

Nov 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
21-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-02-2012
Jurjen said:
Are you sure it's possible to apply online? CIC told me I had to do it by mail. Since the online application will arrive at the Work Permits department, but the AiP OWP needs to be approved by the PR department.
I tried online. it works. so don't worry. Just make sure when you select one of the option for a specific question of ur status, make sure u select "approved in principle".

hanging there tight!

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tozo, I was thinking the same thing about them scanning the passport at port of entry. My passport was not stamped coming form the US to Canada. So before I mailed my PR app I went to the local CIC office to ask about what I needed to do. She ran my passport through their system and nothing was found. I have traveled to Canada and internationally many times. The PR app asks to show a stamp or proof of status. The agent at the CIC office said it was common for CA immigration to sometimes not stamp US passports and just to remember when I came in. I just included a note in my app saying I entered on such-n-such date. Basically for some nationalities it is "honor box system". However, getting PR in Canada under spouse class does NOT require legal status.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Midcityjohn said:
However, getting PR in Canada under spouse class does NOT require legal status.
And that's based on...?

@Leo_liu: okay, thanks! I didn't know that was an option. :)

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on CIC policies. In theory, a person could float here on tire with no passport and still be able to apply if they got married to a Canadian person. Person being resident, citizen, or first nation aboriginal. Legal status is not required under spousal class. Not suggesting it...just saying.