20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
jeymi said:
You're right angtao, no update. I don't know what's happening.

Folks, when did you get your first stage approval, what comes first, mail or update in Ecas? How about those applications that were transferred to local office? Sigh! This is torture.... like killing me softly! :(
Hey jeymi,

I heard of the approval via phone 1st and 2 days later my ecas was updated with both stages approved. Try calling CIC again tommorrow, lets hope they have a positive reply awaiting for you.. Good luck! :)

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
californiajeninca said:
Twchu, I went to apply for OHIP and forgot my marriage license! WHAT!? I plan to go back this week but first...there may be a little Jenny or mini hubby on the way. I don't want to jump the gun but I have a feeling that is what is going on with me. I'm glad its now when because everything is sorta falling into place. I may not get mat.leave but I'm from a place where mom's only get six weeks. So I really don't know what I'm missing I guess.
Hey californiajeninca,

Its strange that they asked you for your marriage licence, because mine was not needed. From what i have researched online, you only have to bring :

1. AIP letter
2. Driver's license /Passport
3. Bank statement/Utility bill/Insurance - Needed for confirmation of the mailing address

Sounds like good things are happening altogether...AIP, Landing, Baby?..hehe..Happy for ya! ;)

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
twchu said:
Hey jeymi,

I heard of the approval via phone 1st and 2 days later my ecas was updated with both stages approved. Try calling CIC again tommorrow, lets hope they have a positive reply awaiting for you.. Good luck! :)
I'm afraid calling the CIC. I'll just hope for the best.... Thanks.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Hi guys, just to let you know i have recieved my aip/work permit last week. My work permit was approved on Nov 2nd. And here's my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 16, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on October 21, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
twchu said:
Does it mean someone landing (with OWP) will get a permanent SIN number immediately after the landing interview? Or does he still have to wait for the PR card? And can someone leave the country without the PR card after landing? Thanks..
As my previous post stated, you can get the SIN the same day if you have already got OWP. That is your permanent SIN. You do not need to wait for the PR card. In this case, the PR card is for travel purposes only. And jeymi suggested the way you can do this.

However, be aware that some peoples' PR cards are taking a long time to arrive still so if you are only traveling for a short time then getting a travel document, as suggested by canadiancitizen, would be your best option to guarantee re-entry.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
How do you get a travel document and how long does it take to apply for one?

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
angtao said:
How do you get a travel document and how long does it take to apply for one?
from canadiancitizen's post on page 532....( i don't know how to quote multiple comments!)

If you have arrived and have not yet given CIC a mailing address, and you left Canada, you should apply for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) before you try to re-enter Canada. This application must be submitted to a Canadian visa office abroad.

This Travel Document can only be used once. You are not guaranteed to get the Travel Document, if you apply. It is up to the officer at the visa office to decide if you will get it or not.
http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000504

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The room is so quite today and i guess you have not given up.......cheer up guys its not over until its over.more good news are on the way :D :D :D :D

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Hey all,

I just received my temporary SIN card (OWP) ...It took me about 10 calendar days before i got it...

mydrl

Nov 15, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm new to here and in the same situation as all of you.

My application is in land. I just received my OWP and wonder if I can leave Canada at this point.

Is it possible to leave Canada and wait in my home town for the PR ?

Or at the very least, leave Canada and come back since I have something very important that I will need to go back.

PS. my hometown is in China...and requires entry visa to come into Canada.

here is my infor. Is there any possible to receive the decision before middle of December?

thx

We received your application for permanent residence on July 26, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 28, 2010.

We received the requested information on July 29, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
mydrl said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to here and in the same situation as all of you.

My application is in land. I just received my OWP and wonder if I can leave Canada at this point.

Is it possible to leave Canada and wait in my home town for the PR ?

Or at the very least, leave Canada and come back since I have something very important that I will need to go back.

PS. my hometown is in China...and requires entry visa to come into Canada.

here is my infor. Is there any possible to receive the decision before middle of December?

thx

We received your application for permanent residence on July 26, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 28, 2010.

We received the requested information on July 29, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Inland means you can't leave until the process is completed. Some people, who come from visa-exempt countries, have left and re-entered successfully but there is no guarantee of re-entry. You require a visa, you should not leave. If you are refused re-entry, you will have to start your application over again.

I am wondering why, if you just received an OWP, you want to leave? Most people eagerly await their OWP so they can work! If you don't have a job to come back to, you likely wouldn't be allowed back in to Canada. And refer to reasons above....

Since you have been sent a letter stating a decision has been made and medicals received, it sounds like you have completed the process and will soon be contacted for a landing interview. Depending on your local office, a landing interview will happen in the next couple of months. Upon landing, a PR card will be required to travel, unless you apply and are approved for a travel document for emergency travel. PR cards are taking anywhere from 30-70 working days to arrive right now.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
justina said:
Inland means you can't leave until the process is completed. Some people, who come from visa-exempt countries, have left and re-entered successfully but there is no guarantee of re-entry. You require a visa, you should not leave. If you are refused re-entry, you will have to start your application over again.

I am wondering why, if you just received an OWP, you want to leave? Most people eagerly await their OWP so they can work! If you don't have a job to come back to, you likely wouldn't be allowed back in to Canada. And refer to reasons above....

Since you have been sent a letter stating a decision has been made and medicals received, it sounds like you have completed the process and will soon be contacted for a landing interview. Depending on your local office, a landing interview will happen in the next couple of months. Upon landing, a PR card will be required to travel, unless you apply and are approved for a travel document for emergency travel. PR cards are taking anywhere from 30-70 working days to arrive right now.

Dear Mydrl,

Justina is right. There is a myriad of elements that would need to be assessed by a CBSA officer at the POE to allow re-entry, and the fact that you are a visitor is one factor that, under the current circumstances, works against you. This applies to TRV holders and visitors from visa-exempt countries, as nationals from the latter may be denied re-entry as well. However, other types of visa holders may be allowed to come back without any hassle, such as business people covered by NAFTA under Chapter 16, international students, WHV holders, etc.

The reason for this is that, as explained in other threads, you would be trying to re-enter the country with a permit to visit temporarily - your TRV,- which implies that you MUST leave at the end of such visit. Given that you already have an ongoing inland process for PR, which clearly states your intent to permanently remain in Canada, you are not eligible to use a temporary permit for this purpose. Also, if you were to renew your visa at the Canadian embassy in your home country, they would most likely deny it based on the same premise.

Hope this helps

:)

S.

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hey Abisehiyo, Babyhangon, babel, absentgodot, sa_ja, and the rest of Dec applicants, Any news ?? This place is so quiet!! I Thought december would be quick!! We're in the middle of November and no news of December applicants!! Also i miss the Chart updated! :(

themount

Oct 27, 2011
November 29th Application here,

Vegreville actually called us yesterday and requested we fax in our marriage licence which we did within the hour. We only got married last month and figured it would be too late to send in, we sent additional info in July about us getting married and OWP, she got that info and wanted to have our file done by the end of the week. This said another Nov 29th app got their OWP through the post last week. im guessing we were bottom of the Nov file.

All the best to all