Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Babyhangon said:
who is Pacquioa?
good that you're having fun and getting rid of some of the CIC stress.
Manny Pacquioa is a famous Filipino boxer. He will have a fight on Saturday. I have to find some fun or else these stress will just give me contractions,lol.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Thanks Theresa_Lynn, CEC, GiGi for information
I am also waiting for any reply as soon as I will have anything I will let you know guys.
It's feel so good to have enthusiasm & solace from you guys.
God Bless...............

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
hie everyone, jus got my letter from calgary cic office. so i wil be landing on december 15, 2011. from 9;00am -9:15am . thanx everybody

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today must be a good day! First I got a letter for landing-December 7th, and now I just found out from the automated information system that my open work permit has been approved, the document was issued on November 8th !!! I think I'll get it in mail next week, and soon I will be able to work again !!

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pptk703 said:
Today must be a good day! First I got a letter for landing-December 7th, and now I just found out from the automated information system that my open work permit has been approved, the document was issued on November 8th !!! I think I'll get it in mail next week, and soon I will be able to work again !!
heeey if you dont mind me asking, how lng did it take to get approved and did you do it over the internet or regular mail????

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
Oh, isn't life fun!

My wife's permanent residence is almost within her grasp. She was awarded AIP back in September. Unfortunately, they required her to update her passport first, and she needed a new medical. Russia takes as many as three months to renew the passport so I suggested to my wife that she wait to complete her medical until after getting her passport. This would reduce the chance of her needing to do the medical AGAIN.

Guess what has happened? She's pregnant again!! That doctor wasn't kidding when he said women tend to get pregnant easilly after they miscarry!! 6 weeks away from valid medical insurance, but we can't complete her medical for immigration purposes ( no chest X-ray)! No medical until she gives birth in July! Arrrrrrrrg!

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mexicanito said:
heeey if you dont mind me asking, how lng did it take to get approved and did you do it over the internet or regular mail????
I applied my OWP via regular mail. They received it on Sep 19, and got it approved on Nov. 8. I am a little surprised when I heard it over the phone because CIC website shows "working on applications received on Sep 6". I am going to call and speak with an agent tomorrow morning, hopefully it is what it is !

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
OMG, so much good news on here. Congrats to everyone.

Just to let you all know, someone from July 2011 just got AIP. I am about 90% sure that they got it. His name is Tecle on our thread. Sorry to out you Tecle but if this is AIP then that is amazing.

Jurgen, so if you have an OWP, then you will not get denied if you fly out of the country and are from a visa-exempt country? My husband and I want to go away in July 2012 but for that to happen he needs both stages approved at the same time and to land shortly thereafter.

This is what CEC said when he spoke to CIC,

"I also asked about if it is possible to somebody with an AiP/OWP to leave the country and come back. She said technically yes, but in case the border office denies ones entry for some reason, there's nothing that can be done and she/he will lose its PR application... "

LY, girlfriend, we would love a chart update. Angus has taken over the spreadsheet for 2011 because she is able to do it in excel and it looks great.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
LY, girlfriend, we would love a chart update. Angus has taken over the spreadsheet for 2011 because she is able to do it in excel and it looks great.
Hey hun, sorry I haven't got to it sooner. I don't know if you saw the post but I won't be able to do it until the weekend. My first week of work has tired me out so much and I only get a few hours with hubby every day now so during the weekend, I will get to it. Thanks for being patient. I will have to take a look at your 2011 chart then. :)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
No worries LY. I did read your post about you doing it on the weekend but when I start reading all the good news I get excited for a chart update. LOL. I am such a nerd.

As for your feet hurting for the new job, you should try to get the most comfortable shoes humanly possible. Make sure when you try them on they feel like pillows. Although, I remember my first job ever which I got at 16 yrs old, (now I am 33), my feet and legs were hurting so much. It just takes time for your body to get used to something new. From basically sitting a lot of the time from not working, your muscles are not used to moving around or standing up for long periods of time so when you go from sitting most of the time to standing 6 hrs straight with a minimal break, your body is using other muscles to keep you standing and that puts pressure on your feet. After about 1 week or maybe 5 shifts, your body will get used to the standing and your feet won't hurt as much anymore.

What do you think about one of our peeps from 2011 (Tecle) getting approved for AIP? They sent in there app in July. Did that ever happen to anyone in the 2010 thread where they recived AIP out of the blue just like that? Also, Canadian said that her friend got AIP and she applied in March.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Jurjen said:
Tip for people that need to call CIC a lot: if you can program your telephone with the 'pause' option, you could program your CIC entry with: 18882422100PP111100 (two times 'Pause', or reprogram the Pause timer, because the CIC computer is slow picking up the phone). See your phone manual on how to program a Pause. On phones that run on the land line, there's often a big pause button you can press.
works wonder but their all lines are busy whenever I call.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
angtao said:
OMG, so much good news on here. Congrats to everyone.

Just to let you all know, someone from July 2011 just got AIP. I am about 90% sure that they got it. His name is Tecle on our thread. Sorry to out you Tecle but if this is AIP then that is amazing.

Jurgen, so if you have an OWP, then you will not get denied if you fly out of the country and are from a visa-exempt country? My husband and I want to go away in July 2012 but for that to happen he needs both stages approved at the same time and to land shortly thereafter.

This is what CEC said when he spoke to CIC,

"I also asked about if it is possible to somebody with an AiP/OWP to leave the country and come back. She said technically yes, but in case the border office denies ones entry for some reason, there's nothing that can be done and she/he will lose its PR application... "

wow, July 2011 applicant already got AIP while 2010 applicants are still waiting. anyone knows how that could happen?

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
tozo said:
Twchu,the letter that i got from the cic concerning my 1st stage approval(AIP) had my client ID on the right hand corner of the letter and the was NO T....... CODE on the letter apart from my client ID and was approve for OHIP application which according them i will receive it by december 15,2011 so i dont really know whats they are talking about T.......CODE.

hope this helps you ...which service Ontario did you go for the application ,i did mine at finch/dufferin area service Ontario and its too me about 15 mins to complete. good luck
Thanks for the advice Tozo! I went to a service ontario branch at college and i finally managed to apply for my OHIP! Yay! ;)
Just a brief update.. glad that i am getting some interviews lately eventhough the job market is kinda slow...due to GFC, EOY budget, or just cuz hiring is typically slow at the end of year... Anyways, i wanna share my good news with you guys when i find something good..hehe..

For all the dec applicants, i know the wait is almost over for you guys...Just hang in there!! ;)
Lets hope for both stages approval and put a happy ending to the 2010 thread!!! ;)

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Mark_Anna said:
Thanks Theresa_Lynn, CEC, GiGi for information
I am also waiting for any reply as soon as I will have anything I will let you know guys.
It's feel so good to have enthusiasm & solace from you guys.
God Bless...............
I called today. Nothing new. My backgrounds still ongoing. My RCMP was requested on july 2011. Hopefully we will get second stage approval by december as the time frame has been shortened to 8 months.

;)

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hi everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry for not been in touch lately. I have been working non stop the las 18 days and before I was stopping just one day a week and working 12 hrs a day... anyway... I am happy to be back.
I wanted to share that last week I got a letter from CIC saying that I have my interview on December the 1st!!!
I am so happy!!! things seem to coming to an end!
I would really appreciate if people who have gone to the interview can share their experience or if they did if they can paste the link where I can find their experience. Also I have a few questions...
after the interview, one becomes a permanent resident?
is it possible to get the new SIN number the same day? I have one already because I got an OWP before.
Did anyone leave Canada and try to get a travel document to come back?

Cheers to all of you and thanks a lot.

Pepe