+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got a letter today. I am landing at Scarborough (Toronto) office on December 7th ! Finally !

The letter also mentions that Service Canada representatives will be at the interview to assist us in obtaining the new SIN. Does that mean I can start working right away with the new SIN even though I won't get my PR card until maybe a few weeks after? I applied for open work permit after AIP and according to the current timeline I should be getting it in 2 weeks. Now I'm considering if I should cancel the application and get refund. Any suggestions?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CONGRATULATIONS pptk703! I hope you will come back to let us know how it goes. :D

P.S. I have a quick question to everyone. Do any of you have any suggestion on good shoes to have for work if you are standing all day? I tried Dr. Sholls and those still aren't really cutting it for me. My feet are hurting so badly after just 3 hours of work and most days I work for 6 hours so you can see how that could be painful especially having to walk 20 minutes back home. So if you have any recommendations I would love to hear them.

Corrine

Jan 31, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2010 Started Processing Jan 10,2011
AOR Received.
AIP Oct 26,2011
Med's Done....
22/10/2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made Nov 15,2011
LANDED..........
Dec 12,2011 Landed Etobicoke
angtao said:
Corrine, when did your husband do his latest medical?
My husbands last medical was done Oct 22,2010 We got AIP Oct 26,2011 Oh well we will just shovel up the extra money and do them next week. We have three months to submit so they can continue processing the application hopefully by that time they have done the background checks. Better a medical then to have to resubmit a clearance letter from his country.

Corrine

Jan 31, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2010 Started Processing Jan 10,2011
AOR Received.
AIP Oct 26,2011
Med's Done....
22/10/2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made Nov 15,2011
LANDED..........
Dec 12,2011 Landed Etobicoke
Love_Young said:
CONGRATULATIONS pptk703! I hope you will come back to let us know how it goes. :D

P.S. I have a quick question to everyone. Do any of you have any suggestion on good shoes to have for work if you are standing all day? I tried Dr. Sholls and those still aren't really cutting it for me. My feet are hurting so badly after just 3 hours of work and most days I work for 6 hours so you can see how that could be painful especially having to walk 20 minutes back home. So if you have any recommendations I would love to hear them.
Hi, young love I am not sure what u do but standing on your feet for six hours a day can be tuff. Running shoes are always a good option like nike adidas etc. I so hate high heels they hurt so much can not wait to get home and take em off, try insoles or padding or aim for a lower heel wider shoe , pointy toe shoes suck.

Sorry if I have not been much help to you all the best!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Corrine said:
Hi, young love I am not sure what u do but standing on your feet for six hours a day can be tuff. Running shoes are always a good option like nike adidas etc. I so hate high heels they hurt so much can not wait to get home and take em off, try insoles or padding or aim for a lower heel wider shoe , pointy toe shoes suck.

Sorry if I have not been much help to you all the best!
Yes it is definitely tough. It is going to take some time to get used to it. I think I might try and get a foot massage bath for after work. I have to wear black shoes for work. Right now I have Dr. Sholls sneakers. A wider shoe would definitely help more. Aw don't worry you did help. ;)

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
Finally, will be landing on Nov 15, Montreal office.
happy tree, we are the same day and the same place?
Thanks everybody, for this long period. Wish all of you have your residency soon!

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:

Dr scholls used to be good but since walmart started selling them the quality went down big time...if you dont mind spending a bit extra, l would recommend dr martens... The sole is super comfy and firm, if you buy boots they may take bit to break but they are super comfy... And they are going to last you ages looking and feeling great... Nop.. I do not sell them lol...

themount

Oct 27, 2011
6 day jump, they are working November 29th..........thats our day......... reduction from 9 months to 8 for the second part

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GREAT NEWS FOR 2ND STAGE.................. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D MOVE FROM 9MONTHS TO 8 MONTHS.QUITE A GOOD JUMP FOR 1ST STAGE ,6 DAYS AND

PROCESSING APPLICATION RECEIVED ON NOV 29,2010....HOPEFULLY WE ARE MOVING FORWARD.....GOOD LUCK GUYS :D :D :D :D

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
pptk703 said:
Just got a letter today. I am landing at Scarborough (Toronto) office on December 7th ! Finally !

The letter also mentions that Service Canada representatives will be at the interview to assist us in obtaining the new SIN. Does that mean I can start working right away with the new SIN even though I won't get my PR card until maybe a few weeks after? I applied for open work permit after AIP and according to the current timeline I should be getting it in 2 weeks. Now I'm considering if I should cancel the application and get refund. Any suggestions?
Hi pptik703,

When you go for the landing interview the Service Canada representatives will be there to give you the permanent sin number, and Yes you can start working right away. If you have a temporary SIN number take it with you there then they will keep it and give you the new # to you. I landed in Etobicoke and it took 5 minutes to get the new SIN # from the representative. Goodluck in your landing interview.

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hi Inlanders (June 2010 applicants)
Theresa_Lynn, CEC, GiGi,

Yes what is this "glitch" they told me to call them after one month...........

I called them and asked about the Glitch. She said there was no Glitch (at least in my case or that she heard of) and I must receive the background check by December (next month) since it came down from 9 months to 8 months.

She said mine RCMP and CSIS were requested on June 23.

I also asked about if it is possible to somebody with an AiP/OWP to leave the country and come back. She said technically yes, but in case the border office denies ones entry for some reason, there's nothing that can be done and she/he will lose its PR application... :mad:

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twchu said:
Hey all,

I was rejected from applying for OHIP even after i showed them my PR approval letter (I didnt bring my sponsor letter). The lady mentioned that there should be T-------- code on the letter which i have none besides my client ID. They said they do process new OHIP application but they just cant it do it for me. I did bring my ID and bank account statement with me tho... Anyone able to advise?

Thanks...
Twchu,the letter that i got from the cic concerning my 1st stage approval(AIP) had my client ID on the right hand corner of the letter and the was NO T....... CODE on the letter apart from my client ID and was approve for OHIP application which according them i will receive it by december 15,2011 so i dont really know whats they are talking about T.......CODE.

hope this helps you ...which service Ontario did you go for the application ,i did mine at finch/dufferin area service Ontario and its too me about 15 mins to complete. good luck

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
tozo said:
hello guys,
i write to just encourage you all to stay strong,positive and focus on this immigration process.its sometimes so hard to believe that they are moving very slow and the processing times are going up . i pray and hope that ,they dont extend the processing times to 11-12 months.hopefully there will be another jump this week.late novermber applicant its your turn to smile and be jumping ;D ;D ;D ;D.for your AIP OR BOTH STAGES.

For us waiting for the second stage i say its will soon come and its not over until its over.

have a blessed week and stay focus.

tozo
hi tozo. it's very kind of you to write such a message. thanks a lot for praying for us. it worked. still 10-11 months on CIC's website. lol

i am looking for good movies to watch for the weekend so that i can stop thinking of CIC.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
abisehiyo said:
Sorry hubby told me today that were not calling CIC anymore until next week.

Lets just cheer up Pacquioa on his fight on Saturday! We need to be busy.
who is Pacquioa?
good that you're having fun and getting rid of some of the CIC stress.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
themount said:
6 day jump, they are working November 29th..........thats our day......... reduction from 9 months to 8 for the second part
6-day jump, not bad. you should be able to hear something within the week. good luck.

abisehiyo and jeymi, it's still a week from our dates based on CIC's new update. we just need more patience. good luck to all of us.