Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
I have been facing this problem lately in regard to my police clearance which I realized now. I have lived in Singapore, US and my native country for more than 6 months since reaching the age of 18 and When I filed my application, the police certs were a couple weeks beyond 3 months range.

At the time of application, Singapore doesn't want to issue the Police certificate to non-citizen unless immigration appeal them to issue to me. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp
Also my FBI clearance was 3 months and 2 weeks old and my native country's police clearance was 4 months old.

Does it make a difference as I left my native country like 8 years ago and have not lived there more than 6 months since them. Also I have not gone back to singapore since 2007 and also I have left US since 2010 and I have been living in canada since then. I requested FBI clearance a week before leaving US.

Or Should i request FBI clearance and Police certificate now and send them to CIC to attach with my application ?

Dont know what to do with singapore COC clearance as I have to wait for appeal letter from CIC? Should I approach CIC and ask them to send me the letter own my own or wait to hear from them?

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
californiajeninca said:
I have another question, I got a Temp. Tax Number from CRA. Is this the same as a Temp. SIN? Can I apply for a job? I didn't think I could but just trying to put to rest a disagreement.

I hope to hear about some Decembers getting approval! Share your good news with us.
TTN is not the same as temp SIN. We have the same problem. After calling Revenue Canada, Income Tax, SIN office, they all passed over to each other and all said they couldn't answer that question. Finally my husband asked to speak to a supervisor, who called him back a day or 2 later. Basically, he was told he could work if he could find an employer who would hire him with the COPR but without the SIN. The TTN is for correspondence with Revenue Canada, and can be used when applying for various benefits ( I needed my hubby's SIN for Child Tax benefit and Maternity EI so had to use his TTN) If you are landed but do not have an OWP you pretty much have to wait for your PR card to be able to get the SIN and work.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Just spent an hour waiting on the phone. Phoned CIC twice. No new updates on our application, not even AIP. Its been 11 months and 2 days now... I am about to loose my patience. This is soooo stressful! (Just needed to vent out guys,sorry!)
I am wishing for a big jump tomorrow. It will be a holiday on Friday,so another day off for them. :(

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Corrine, when did your husband do his latest medical?

themount

Oct 27, 2011
abisehiyo said:
Just spent an hour waiting on the phone. Phoned CIC twice. No new updates on our application, not even AIP. Its been 11 months and 2 days now... I am about to loose my patience. This is soooo stressful! (Just needed to vent out guys,sorry!)
I am wishing for a big jump tomorrow. It will be a holiday on Friday,so another day off for them. :(
November 29th applicant here and still no word..............we have been so chilled about this but this is now a stretch 11 months 9 days, feels like we are getting rejected, we are married now and been living together for 2 and a half years.
Every time i call i get "all our lines are busy, please try again later" so i have to hit the hash button 4/5 times before getting put on hold for 10 15 minutes. B Rutal. How do you get rejected, they send the sponsor or sponsored a letter?

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
themount said:
November 29th applicant here and still no word..............we have been so chilled about this but this is now a stretch 11 months 9 days, feels like we are getting rejected, we are married now and been living together for 2 and a half years.
Every time i call i get "all our lines are busy, please try again later" so i have to hit the hash button 4/5 times before getting put on hold for 10 15 minutes. B Rutal. How do you get rejected, they send the sponsor or sponsored a letter?
Hey,

I am sorry to hear that... Hopefully they will have an answer for u soon....maybe by friday.. lets hope for the best! :)
Btw, usually when i call CIC @ 1-888-242‑2100, i would immediately key 1, 1, 1, 1, 0 and that should lead u directly to their agent where u dun have to listen to their recordings.... I havent hear anyone being rejected in the inland forum... i tot inland sponsorship cant be appealed therefore if they have further questions on the relationship they would usually transfer to a local CIC office to investigate further...

Cheers

themount

Oct 27, 2011
Hitting hash works every time, spoke to someone, they just told me they are working on applications received on Nov 23rd.
We just got jumpy cos we have a letter at the post office for my wife and they told us only she can pick it up, she is my sponsor so it must be unrelated but we cant pick that up until the weekend as like normal people she works in post office hours, clearly unlike cic

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
abisehiyo said:
abisehiyo, i know exactly how you feel. we haven't called CIC as yet but i can imagine how they would respond. there's really not much we can do but keep waiting. let's see how much of a jump they'll have this Thursday. hang in there.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
please, could someone tell me what is the quickest way to find out whether a case is approved? CIC call centre or ecas?

also, guys, may i know how CIC agent responded about a case exceeding the 11 months mark? if they couldn't give update, did they give any excuses?

thanks a lot in advance. i feel like going nuts.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Another question, friends.
i am the sponsor. but when i log onto ecas using my own client id, i can't find any information about the sponsorship for my wife's PR. only my citizenship application is there and shows as "received." so where can i find my status as a sponsor?

i just hope to get a clue about what's going on with my wife's case. her ecas still shows as "in process."

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Babyhangon said:
please, could someone tell me what is the quickest way to find out whether a case is approved? CIC call centre or ecas?

also, guys, may i know how CIC agent responded about a case exceeding the 11 months mark? if they couldn't give update, did they give any excuses?

hey,

In my case, CIC call centre knew about my approval before my ecas is being updated.. ecas is usually late by 1-2 days and it is possible that ecas is being updated on a weekend (mine was on saturday, i know some others had theirs on sunday). i feel that they will use the date that is posted on the CIC website where the applications are processed till. Eventhough the processing timeline is 10-11mths, they will always make reference to the date indicated... (still @ 23 Nov 2010). I would say keep calling and check with them..which is all u guys can do right now..

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Babyhangon said:

Hi, TWUCHU was right in saying that they were using the date November 23rd even though the timeline says 10-11 months. Thats what the agent told me today. That I should also consider Nov 23rd.

I am afraid that they will change the processing timeline tomorrow to 11-12 months.

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
It's really hard for us. My husband and I are wondering if there are really something to wait for. This is so frustrating. Let's see what would be the jump of processing time on Thursday.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
twchu said:
hey,

In my case, CIC call centre knew about my approval before my ecas is being updated.. ecas is usually late by 1-2 days and it is possible that ecas is being updated on a weekend (mine was on saturday, i know some others had theirs on sunday). i feel that they will use the date that is posted on the CIC website where the applications are processed till. Eventhough the processing timeline is 10-11mths, they will always make reference to the date indicated... (still @ 23 Nov 2010). I would say keep calling and check with them..which is all u guys can do right now..
Thank you for answering my questions, twchu. i really appreciate it.
as you said, there's not much we can do right now. it takes a whole lot of patience to survive the immigration process.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
abisehiyo said:
Hi, TWUCHU was right in saying that they were using the date November 23rd even though the timeline says 10-11 months. Thats what the agent told me today. That I should also consider Nov 23rd.

I am afraid that they will change the processing timeline tomorrow to 11-12 months.
hi abisehiyo. my wife is afraid of the same thing since they're already 2 weeks behind the claimed 11 months timeline and last week it was a mere 2-day jump. this week they might hit end of Nov for the best scenario. in that case, still one week from our dates.

oh, Gosh. it's so hard to stick on right now. i try to focus on something else to make it a bit easier but hard said than done.