15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
abisehiyo said:
hey jeymi, ECAS usually takes 2-3days before it gets updated. So I think its better for us to call if we want to hear something. I called today,nothin yet. I think I wont call tomorrow...oh..i dont know. May I ask, is your case a simple one?Mine is...Lets hope for the best!
Hi Abisehiyo,

We are common-law. I'm not expecting to have both stage approval as we have non-accompanying dependents outside canada. Having an AIP is enough for us. Let me know what is the outcome when you call them.

By the way, are you Filipino? I assume since your avatar is Philippine flag.

Lets hope for the best. Keep on praying!

GOODLUCK to all of us.

Cheers.

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
Hi charmainefrances,

As far as I know, since you've included an OWP application so it makes you on implied status and can still work though your working permit is expired. The thing is you cannot work for different employer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! Stay positive.

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
sa_ja said:
I am sure you will hear by the end of the week....last couples of days/weeks are so crazy ! very hard wait ! But don't give up you are almost there !!
Thanks sa_ja for encouragement. Let's hope for the best.

Goodluck to us Inlanders!

Cheers! Stay positive.

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
Mark_Anna said:
Immigration levels will stay at around 250,000 newcomers a year, Citizenship and Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says ahead of unveiling 2012 Immigration Action Plan.

He also said a new law to curb immigration through fraudulent marriages will be brought into effect next year. The new regulation will impose a two-year period of conditional residency on foreign sponsored spouses and a five-year moratorium on their ability to sponsor someone. “If you come in as a sponsored spouse and become a permanent resident and then divorce your Canadian husband or wife, you will not be able to turn around and sponsor someone from overseas,” Kenney said. “This is what every other immigrant receiving country — Australia, New Zealand, Britain and the U.S. do, and the only question is why we didn't do it a while ago?”

According to Minister Kenney, the new regulation is warranted by what he calls is a revolving door of marriage fraud. “Someone comes in, sometimes they pay a Canadian to sponsor them as a spouse, they immediately get a divorced and then the person who got landed, marries someone overseas, and sponsors them in, and they get paid ... we are going to stop the revolving door through a five-year moratorium on the ability of the foreign sponsored spouses to bring someone else through the program.”

Last year, the ministry conducted consultations on the issue. Minister Kenney said a majority of participants recommended a period of conditional residency for sponsored foreign spouses. “In fact most people who participated told us that the conditional period should be five years, instead of just two years.”

Minister Kenney maintained that many Canadians have been victimized by foreign spouses who used them as a tool to come to Canada and have immediately left the marriage or abused the spouse. “The most effective tool is to stop fraudulent marriages from being approved in the first place because they are so hard to deal with once the person is admitted into Canada. We will continue to be very vigilant. It's difficult ... we want to let the legitimate married couples in but keep the fake ones out and that's what our officers are trained to do.”

CIC receives from China and India a large number of spousal sponsorship applications through fake marriages. Anti-fraud experts working for the Canadian government called migration integrity officers are trained to identify such fraudulent applications. Recently, a large number of applications from China's Guangzhou province were rejected. “Canadians were being paid up to $60,000 by criminal organizations, to sponsor Chinese citizens they had never met and we started interviewing these applicants and we found out they knew nothing about the spouse and they had no consistent story or proof of relationship.”

However, it is common in India and other South Asian countries marriages are arranged by families and a couple may not know all the details about each other soon after the marriage. When responding to a question from the Canadian Immigrant on how immigration applications from such marriages are handled by the officers, Minister Kenney said: “We believe that arranged marriages are legitimate, if they are for the purpose of marriage and not for the purpose of immigration. And our officers are specifically trained to make that assessment

what about recent keep waiting files?

see where r u getting this info really? how come everything u r saying here isnt on the cic media section of the cic website? lets all be carefull regarding the source of such info coz this all could be just speculation. ofcourse they r working on legislation regarding spousal sponsorship, but there hasnt been any official correspondence in regards to that since the marriage fraud consultations, so lets just wait and see. i wouldnt be saying such things at all without knowing the credibility of the source of this info

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Guys, don't forget that there probably will not be an update tomorrow as the updates have now been changed to Thursdays. The last update was oct.27 which was last Thursday.

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
californiajeninca said:
@ Mrs. Happy Tree -Congratulations on landing. I'm still waiting on my letters and hoping my landing interview comes in the mail or gets called soon.
Hey californiajeninca,

Me too...Still waiting for my letters to arrive.. So did u apply for OWP when u sent in your application? I hope it wont take weeks for the letters to arrive... More waiting..

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
jeymi said:
Hi charmainefrances,

As far as I know, since you've included an OWP application so it makes you on implied status and can still work though your working permit is expired. The thing is you cannot work for different employer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! Stay positive.

Hello! Thank u for ur response. Yes i understand that i can work continuously given that ill be working under the same employer. That is what i am doing now.
The issue is because my regular work permit has expired my alberta healthcard has also expired. They will just renew it if i have a regular work permit.
Another thing is i did not get our 1st stage approval in vegreville instead they transferred it to edmonton and they say it would take 18 to 24 months before a decision will be made. So should i wait for 2 years then? I am not hoping to get sick right? But i should have alb card just incase. Dont know what to do. .

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
borrowdale said:
see where r u getting this info really? how come everything u r saying here isnt on the cic media section of the cic website? lets all be carefull regarding the source of such info coz this all could be just speculation. ofcourse they r working on legislation regarding spousal sponsorship, but there hasnt been any official correspondence in regards to that since the marriage fraud consultations, so lets just wait and see. i wouldnt be saying such things at all without knowing the credibility of the source of this info
This information is accurate, is taken from the Citizenship Immigration site, Federal website.

nicole1204

Oct 2, 2011
Hi Guys
I know I am inpatient, It's been only 1 month since I got my AIP. But I just called CIC and ask if my security and background check have been requested, he said no.........
Does anyone know when will they start to open the case again and request the checks??

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
borrowdale said:

Dear Borrowdale,

You can read the full text of this article published on November 1, 2011 here: www.canadianimmigrant.ca/immigrate/immigrant-intake-will-remain-at-250000-says-minister-kenney/

The publication, Canadian Immigrant (magazine and website), is a reputable and quite useful source of great info for newcomers. Also, Canadian Immigrant is owned by Torstar Corporation, a company listed in the Toronto Stock Exchange.

The article in question refers to comments made by Minister Kenney "to reporters after addressing a national citizenship and volunteerism luncheon hosted by the Institute of Canadian Citizenship." Since all this comes directly from the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism himself during an official event, we can be certain that it is not just mere speculation. Soon enough we will learn about his official 2012 Immigration Action Plan, which, sadly, will include "a two-year period of conditional residency on foreign sponsored spouses and a five-year moratorium on their ability to sponsor someone", as he noted during the luncheon.

Cheers

:)

S.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
charmainefrances said:
When we applied for the PR, i also submitted an application for OWP. That time my work permit was still valid... and now was expired June 2011... So now, I dont have healthcare coverage and valid SIN though I have implied status.. I am still working with the same employer.
Forget a new work permit, read this:
If CIC received the application for the Open Work Permit BEFORE your current work permit expired, then you are under 'implied status'. This means that: until CIC made a decision about your OWP demand, you can legally continue to work under the conditions of your last work permit, that has now expired. So: the expired work permit is still valid and with that, your SIN is still valid, even though expired. How this works out for the health insurance: I don't know. I suppose it's still valid too, because you still have the legal right to continue to work. If your last work permit was an open work permit, you'll still be able to switch employer during implied status. The only condition is: don't leave and re-enter Canada while on implied status: re-entry will cause implied status to void.

justina said:
My hubby applied for his OWP on paper and sent it by courier. Two months later they had not even started processing it and he was landed. Once landed, you cannot get an OWP, and therefore cannot get the temporary SIN, which can be changed to a permanent SIN upon landing. You must wait for your PR card to get a SIN. He has now been landed for over 2.5 months and still has not received his PR card (they said another 1-2 months) and therefore cannot get his SIN or work.

We were advised by a lawyer to do the paper app, even though online was supposed to be faster. Do whichever way is fastest according to the website so you don't end up in our situation!

A lot of people have been waiting ages for their PR cards, there is a separate thread for that....
Your lawyer was right, for the OWP you HAVE TO apply by mail. Not to the work permit department, but to the PR department. It can take up to 2 months for the envelope to leave the mailroom and be opened. That's why you should've written "PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP", so it could've been sent to the PR department within a week. Now it's probably too late...
The PR card can take up to 10 weeks to make. After landing, the local office needs to send the application to the office that handles PR cards, so it can take a few days in the mail. Than, in the worst case, it takes 10 weeks (almost 2,5 months) and then there'll be a small delay in mailing it to you. Call CIC in another 2 weeks or so if you haven't received it.

@LY: congrats on the good news for your new job. Happy starting! :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Jurjen said:
@ LY: congrats on the good news for your new job. Happy starting! :)
Thank you very much Jurjen. :D We should find a way to keep in touch.
If anyone else would also like to keep in touch, just PM me.

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twchu said:
Hey californiajeninca,

Me too...Still waiting for my letters to arrive.. So did u apply for OWP when u sent in your application? I hope it wont take weeks for the letters to arrive... More waiting..
I look in my mailbox for the letters every day and man I've been very very dissapointed. WHEN WILL THEY COME??

I didn't apply for OWP. I didn't have a work visa background and when we were at the border office, the officer said that it didn't apply to me because I didn't come in originally with a work visa. I don't mind waiting a bit more for SIN and all that. I can put some finishing touches on the resume and maybe look for some interview outfits. I'm just happy that at some point in the next few weeks I will be landing and getting all the stuff out of the way. Hubby and I would like to start trying for children in earnest. We want some mexican/irish babies.

Don't worry I'm right there with you on the waiting but rooting that it will be by at least Friday! Go Novembers go!

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
californiajeninca said:
I look in my mailbox for the letters every day and man I've been very very dissapointed. WHEN WILL THEY COME??

I didn't apply for OWP. I didn't have a work visa background and when we were at the border office, the officer said that it didn't apply to me because I didn't come in originally with a work visa. I don't mind waiting a bit more for SIN and all that. I can put some finishing touches on the resume and maybe look for some interview outfits. I'm just happy that at some point in the next few weeks I will be landing and getting all the stuff out of the way. Hubby and I would like to start trying for children in earnest. We want some mexican/irish babies.

Don't worry I'm right there with you on the waiting but rooting that it will be by at least Friday! Go Novembers go!
Thanks! I will be cheering for you too.. ;)
I have been busy applying for jobs online, calling recruitment agencies when i know everything is all good... Just hoping to get a hold on my OWP soon! I will keep you posted if i get any letters, hopefully we dun have to wait too long for that! ;)

threa

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
I've been looking on how to sign up so I can get alerts each time I have updates on e-cas but can't find it. Can somebody help me please :-[