15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
abisehiyo said:
Hey LY, 5 months went by quick eh? Congratulations and you are starting soon, you will definitely do good! :)

Hi Jeymi, any updates?
Hi Abisehiyo, I just checked the ECAS and still the same. I'm very nervous now.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
hello! Hubby and I went to Local CIC office in Edmonton where CPC-Vegreville transferred our papers last Oct. 19, 2011 and handed our additional documents such our pictures, letters from families and friends and rental agreement etc. I felt good about it! Though I know it will really take a long long time before they open our case again.

I just have a question, I hope somebody from this thread can answer me..

When we applied for the PR, i also submitted an application for OWP. That time my work permit was still valid... and now was expired June 2011... So now, I dont have healthcare coverage and valid SIN though I have implied status.. I am still working with the same employer.

Now, I asked my employer if he can help me get a regular work permit, ofcourse he said yes...
so we started an advertisement for my job so we can apply for a new LMO.

Now my question is, on the form for the work permit should I be putting check on

* extension of work permit or Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker?

I am way beyond the 90 days that they are requiring to extend a work permit....
what should I do? I am just confuse.

Thanks in advance

Charmaine

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
Hi
Babyhangon said:
abisehiyo, i am waiting for your good news. just hang in there.
you meant this July right? cuz last July you hadn't started applying yet.
where is jeymi? stressed out?
Hi babyhangon, so much stress compare as before. I want to think positive but I can't help it to think the other way around.

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
abisehiyo said:
Im hanging tight! lol

Yeah that is July 2011.

Yuhooooooo Jeymi!!! :)
Still here, alive and kicking ;)

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jeymi said:
Hi
Hi babayhangon, so much stress compare as before. I want to think positive but I can't help it to think the other way around.
I am sure you will hear by the end of the week....last couples of days/weeks are so crazy ! very hard wait ! But don't give up you are almost there !!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
sa_ja said:
Everybody does.. CIC do the check directly with RCMP. Applicants don t need to sent it as they have a internal way of doing it ... I am trying to find out how long it takes for CIC to receive it... Anybody knows!!?
Thanks Sa_ja for your reply. Inland 2011 is right around the corner now :)

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
hello! Hubby and I went to Local CIC office in Edmonton where CPC-Vegreville transferred our papers last Oct. 19, 2011 and handed our additional documents such our pictures, letters from families and friends and rental agreement etc. I felt good about it! Though I know it will really take a long long time before they open our case again.

I just have a question, I hope somebody from this thread can answer me..

When we applied for the PR, i also submitted an application for OWP. That time my work permit was still valid... and now was expired June 2011... So now, I dont have healthcare coverage and valid SIN though I have implied status.. I am still working with the same employer.

Now, I asked my employer if he can help me get a regular work permit, ofcourse he said yes...
so we started an advertisement for my job so we can apply for a new LMO.

Now my question is, on the form for the work permit should I be putting check on

* extension of work permit or Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker?

I am way beyond the 90 days that they are requiring to extend a work permit....
what should I do? I am just confuse.

Thanks in advance

Charmaine

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know if it is possible to pay application fees online using one of those re-loadable credit cards?

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
jeymi said:
Still here, alive and kicking ;)
hey jeymi, ECAS usually takes 2-3days before it gets updated. So I think its better for us to call if we want to hear something. I called today,nothin yet. I think I wont call tomorrow...oh..i dont know. May I ask, is your case a simple one?Mine is...Lets hope for the best!

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
jeymi said:
Hi
Hi babayhangon, so much stress compare as before. I want to think positive but I can't help it to think the other way around.
hi jeymi. same here. both wife and i are stressed out. these days are just so slow and endless.
good luck to all of us.

Sep 22, 2011
pptk703 said:
Sigh I haven't received any letter from my local office in Toronto, and I got decision made earlier than you. I am really worried now. :(
Hi pptk703,

Oh please don't worry, pptk703. It is probably just because your local office has more appilicants to deal with so that it takes longer than the Monreal office. I understand that you are worried about it but I think that your landing day will be soon!

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babyhangon said:
Would it be easier to just withdraw the inland app and start an outland one? without PR status, one basically has no life here.

Dear Babyhangon,

Withdrawing an inland case to pursue an outland one may not always be in the best interest of applicants. There are a number of factors that would need to be considered before making such decision.

The sponsored person's national origin, for instance, is a determining factor on how long and outland case may take. While this may be an attractive option for Turkish citizens whose applications are processed in as short as 5 months, it wouldn't be a reasonable alternative for Kenyan citizens whose outland applications are processed in 32 months. In this particular case, even if the application gets transferred to a local office and an interview is required before the applicant is granted AIP, it would make perfect sense for the applicant to continue with the inland process as it would undoubtedly take less time. What may be a very long 2 year wait for some, may also be a relatively short amount of time for others. In matters of immigration, and as proposed by Albert Einstein in his Theory of Relativity, time is a relative concept. ;)

The good news is that once you get AIP, life can be much more enjoyable and productive. However, life could certainly be enjoyable and productive even before that, and I say this from my very own first hand experience as an immigrant to the US, first, and more recently Canada (by the way, I am the sponsor in our inland case). Those infamous processing times, which many refer to as "waiting" times, shouldn't be reduce to just that, waiting. I would rather prefer to refer to that period as "preparation time", as it gives the new immigrant (the sponsored person, of course) a very valuable opportunity to get ready for what is to come.

Have you, new immigrant, ever tried to get a job in Canada with little success because of lack of Canadian experience? Unfortunately you will hear that a whole lot more than you ever thought you would, regardless of your academic preparation and professional experience. However, during the "preparation period" you could get a volunteer (non-paid) position in the industry of your interest, which would give you the much needed Canadian experience, not to mention that it would help you enlarge your social and professional networks. (Yup, you can do that without an OWP since it is not work.)

What about brushing up your communications skills? Free, and almost free, English and French classes are administered by local school boards all over Canada, and many new immigrants would benefit from this type of activity.

Also, in one of the paragraphs above I used a key word in the Canadian job market: networking. For those new to the country it will probably be a huge surprise to find out that the real job market in Canada is hidden. Only a tiny fraction of available jobs are advertised, and most positions are filled via networking. (This was tremendously challenging for me when I first arrived as the job market in the US behaves quite differently). What to do? Easy: become a master networker. That takes time and skill, but it can certainly be learned.

There are many more things that I could mention here but, as you can see, a proactive and creative approach may help sponsored partners hit the ground running once they are eligible to work, study, etc.. There is life before the PR, and the sooner sponsored partners embrace it, the better! :)

S.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Does anyone have tips on how to cut down on dental costs?
I need to go to the dentist again but not looking forward to the costs. I also need braces but not sure how to go about this either seeing as most places ask that you pay for procedures after the appointment. Does anyone know if dental/health insurance will help? If so how does it work and what companies would you recommend? Thanks everyone. Just trying to get settled in. ;D

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Last week its was 8 days jump which was really a good jump for as many months .....hopefully tomorrow will be a super jump so that December

applicant will have good news to share with us.....for those of us waiting for the second stage stay positive and your time will surely come.i know ...one

difficult thing in life is to wait but its pays to wait.

good luck to all who are waiting. :D :D :D :D

cheers

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Love_Young said:
Does anyone have tips on how to cut down on dental costs?
I need to go to the dentist again but not looking forward to the costs. I also need braces but not sure how to go about this either seeing as most places ask that you pay for procedures after the appointment. Does anyone know if dental/health insurance will help? If so how does it work and what companies would you recommend? Thanks everyone. Just trying to get settled in. ;D
Some dental schools offer discounted dental services. Some colleges can also direct you to lower cost services. I took advantage of this type of service a number of years ago while living in Vancouver.