App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
pepe261 said:
Hi everybody!!

I have some good news to share. I called today CIC and the agent told me that we got first stage of approval and I got my work permit. She said that the letter was sent last Friday. I checked e-cas and it is still on "in process"...
Pepe261, awesome! Congrats! You're the Nov.8th on the chart. That's encouraging. Hope tomorrow we'll see a nice update on CIC web. I hope all on the chart get approved one after another. God bless.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys,

i hope that we will get a super jump hopefully more than 5 days so there will be more good news to share.let be strong and you will have your turn very soon. ;D :D

buima

Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
nicole1204 said:
Hi Guys:
I am new here.
Yesterday I checked my status and got an exciting update, just have a little question.

We received your application for permanent residence on November 8, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 20, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on June 28, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

It still shows "In Process", and no words saying "we sent you letter...", does that mean anything? is there any possible i am been rejected? Or it's basically good news!

Thank you guys.
Congrats on ur AIP I posted ur post from a while back to give us an idea where CIC is approving,think we will have an awsome jumb this Wednesday too.
Cheers

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Babyhangon said:
Pepe261, awesome! Congrats! You're the Nov.8th on the chart. That's encouraging. Hope tomorrow we'll see a nice update on CIC web. I hope all on the chart get approved one after another. God bless.
Thanks babyhangon! I hope CIC starts to move fast again.

I have some questions:
Once you get your SIN can you get the health card in Ontario also?
How long takes to see any change in e-cas? I have checked several times and nothing...

Pepe

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
OHIP says this about eligibility:
Eligibility

Ontario residents are eligible for provincially funded health coverage (OHIP). Generally, to be eligible for Ontario health coverage you must :

* be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or among one of the newcomer to Canada groups who are eligible for OHIP as set out in Ontario's Health Insurance Act ; and
* be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and
* be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province; and
* make your primary place of residence in Ontario.

OHIP coverage normally becomes effective three months after the date you establish residency in Ontario. The ministry strongly encourages new and returning residents to purchase private health insurance in case you become ill during the OHIP waiting period.
It doesn't mention a SIN card, so you probably need to show up with a CoPR and some proof of that you have been living in Ontario for more then 3 months (rent/mortgage, internet/telephone bills, electricity bills, etc...)

(Source: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/default.aspx )

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Jurjen said:
OHIP says this about eligibility:
It doesn't mention a SIN card, so you probably need to show up with a CoPR and some proof of that you have been living in Ontario for more then 3 months (rent/mortgage, internet/telephone bills, electricity bills, etc...)

(Source: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/default.aspx )
Thanks Jurjen,

Do you think that a Ontario driver license would be enough?

BenderS

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 4 2010
Doc's Request.
August 23, 2011
Ok ok ok ok I need help!

Me and hubby (he's being sponsored, I'm the sponsor) got our letters in the mail this morning. Mine said Congrats you're eligable to be a sponsor. His said congrats your eligable to be sponsored BUT we need to go over your security background and medicals etc...

Anyone know how long this takes? I notice a lot of people getting both stages of approval done at once, does this mean we're one of the unlucky ones that hasn't ? Is this what you guys call AIP ?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
BenderS said:
Ok ok ok ok I need help!

Me and hubby (he's being sponsored, I'm the sponsor) got our letters in the mail this morning. Mine said Congrats you're eligable to be a sponsor. His said congrats your eligable to be sponsored BUT we need to go over your security background and medicals etc...

Anyone know how long this takes? I notice a lot of people getting both stages of approval done at once, does this mean we're one of the unlucky ones that hasn't ? Is this what you guys call AIP ?

Congratulations! Yeah, it looks lke you got first stage approval or AIP. Have you checked E-cas?

BenderS

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 4 2010
Doc's Request.
August 23, 2011
lovely20 said:
Congratulations! Yeah, it looks lke you got first stage approval or AIP. Have you checked E-cas?
yeah it says:

We received your application to sponsor ___________ on November 3, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 29, 2011.

We sent you a letter on September 29, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Says nothing about AIP ?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
pepe261 said:
Thanks Jurjen,

Do you think that a Ontario driver license would be enough?
Might be, but not sure. If it shows a date of issueing that's longer ago then 3 months, you might have a good chance. Maybe call the OHIP before going to the desk for nothing?

nicole1204

Oct 2, 2011
BenderS said:
yeah it says:

We received your application to sponsor ___________ on November 3, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 29, 2011.

We sent you a letter on September 29, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Says nothing about AIP ?
“We sent you a letter on September 29, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.”

If this is showed in PR status not Sponsors status, could be DM, is your PR status “Decision Made”? or still "in Process"?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe261 said:
Thanks babyhangon! I hope CIC starts to move fast again.

I have some questions:
Once you get your SIN can you get the health card in Ontario also?
How long takes to see any change in e-cas? I have checked several times and nothing...

Pepe

Hi Pepe,

I just apply for my OHIP card about 2 weeks ago after i received my letter for first stage approval (AIP).....walk in to any Service Ontario Office that

process first time registration of OHIP.,(not all service Ontario process new OHIP)I took with me the AIP letter from CIC Vegreville ,my drivers license

because they need an ID with a signature on it and finally , proof of address that is a bill mail to your address to confirm whats on you drivers

license so i took my previous phone bill and my bank statement from my bank and that was ok to qualify to be registered for OHIP.....she will then

register you and take an instant photo for your OHIP card.the OHIP will be effective after 90 days from the date you received the AIP from CIC

Vegreville.....its too me less than 15 minutes to complete the process..... so am now waiting for my OHIP card soon hopefully before December

15,2011. that is when my 90 days will be over.

:-* :-* :-* :-*i hope this will help you ....cheers. :-* :-* :-* :-*

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
We called CIC today and finally my wife got her client ID. We are able to log onto e-cas and status shows as in process. The agent told my wife to expect a decision in about a month. It's gonna be a long month but it'd be fine as long as we'll get a happy ending.

Good luck, everyone.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
nicole1204 said:
“We sent you a letter on September 29, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.”

If this is showed in PR status not Sponsors status, could be DM, is your PR status “Decision Made”? or still "in Process"?
According to Bender they received a letter stating that they still have to do medical and security checks, so I suppose it's just AIP.

Yeah, what does the PR status say? Is it Decision Made or In Process? If it is DM in the PR status you got second stage approval too but if it is still In process, you got only AIP.

BenderS

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 4 2010
Doc's Request.
August 23, 2011
nicole1204 said:

Says
Sponsorship Application Status
Decision Made

Permanent Residence Application Status
Not Available