dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
Love_Young said:
I won't be able to go back home until next year either. No breaks for me. We need to save up money as well.
Thank you. I haven't started it yet, I will in about 10 days or so. Good luck with your job as well.

Are you dependents outside of Canada? If so, yes that probably could cause a bit of a longer processing just because they not only need to check your background/medical status but your dependents as well. Hopefully you get finished up soon though. Let us know if you hear anything. Wishing you lots of luck.
i will love young and thank you again.I am just wondering if they still need to go for back ground check since they were both minor 14 and 7 yrs of age. yes outside Canada

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Are you still working for the same employer? If you are then you can still work on an expired SIN.
And you would only be able to use the OWP to get a new SIN if you receive it and get another temporary SIN before landing.
I am not working. I left my previous job in May and didn't work since then because I thought I had to stop working once work permit expires..grrrrrrrrr...I shouldn't have done that!!

Now, Can I not work until I get PR card or OWP? I sent in an application to change my status as visitor on July 26th, and sent the OWP application on September 12th. I don't even know what status am I know except implied status... :(

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
pptk703 said:
I am not working. I left my previous job in May and didn't work since then because I thought I had to stop working once work permit expires..grrrrrrrrr...I shouldn't have done that!!

Now, Can I not work until I get PR card or OWP? I sent in an application to change my status as visitor on July 26th, and sent the OWP application on September 12th. I don't even know what status am I know expect implied status... :(
No, you can't work unless you get your OWP before landing and can get a temporary SIN then. Otherwise you will need to wait until you have your PR card to be eligible for a permanent SIN and then start working. This is what I had to do.

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
i am just so sad waiting this whole process to be over with ???

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
annabruce said:
Perhaps, it is only a fluke, but the 24 automated phone system (1-888-242‑2100 ) has updated its only message from "Your application was received November 1st", to "we well now forward you to an agent who can help you better." Anybody else have experience with this? What does it mean?

Nervously awaiting the opportunity to call them tomorrow ....

When I called on Friday, it said the same thing, and I was so excited cause I thought they were gonna tell me I got AIP...instead the agent told me I should hear something by October 16 :(

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
coldgirl said:
When I called on Friday, it said the same thing, and I was so excited cause I thought they were gonna tell me I got AIP...instead the agent told me I should hear something by October 16 :(
I see. However, it is interesting to note that they received both of our applications at about the same time. They received my wife's on the 1st of November, and I see that they received yours on Oct. 30th.

So .... I think it would be fair to say that we are both currently being analyzed.

I noticed the status of her work permit app has also gone to " we wiill now forward you to .... "

Fingers crossed for both you and my wife!!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
santacruzan said:
i will love young and thank you again.I am just wondering if they still need to go for back ground check since they were both minor 14 and 7 yrs of age. yes outside Canada
hi Santacruzan

I'm a little curious about your case. Are your dependents going to come here with you this time? or you just listed them as your non-accompany family? I'm curious because I have listed my son as non-accompany family member and he's not coming with me now. I'm worried if I'll have to wait that long as yours..... :-X

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
AmandaHsu said:
hi Santacruzan

I'm a little curious about your case. Are your dependents going to come here with you this time? or you just listed them as your non-accompany family? I'm curious because I have listed my son as non-accompany family member and he's not coming with me now. I'm worried if I'll have to wait that long as yours..... :-X

I cant remember because the immigrations representative here in NWT was the one who filled out our applications, she just only asked us if we want the kids to come and live here too. We just only signed the applications.The reason why our applications takes too long coz they asking for more additional informations, and my medical was expired too before they process our applications so i need to redo my medical again.
The lady said before if my PR approve my dependents are approve too.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GLORY BE TO GOD

Hi guys,this is the news i have been waiting for the first stage approval(AIP) and just check my Ecas and its change to......

We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 8, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on June 16, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. :D ;D

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Hey Love,

Congrats!!! YOU GOT THE JOB!!! ;)
I havent been checking the forum lately since i got to know that the processing time got extended...Sucks big time.
Oh well, Cest la vie...:p
I am really happy for you.. hehe.. Its really encouraging to hear good news from peeps here.. ;)
I guess you are gonna be pretty busy soon.. Well, do drop by time to time. Would be great to hear your updates.. ;)

Love_Young said:
Hey there guys, I know it isn't immigration related but I just wanted to share some news.

I GOT THE JOB!!! :p ;D :D

I can't believe this. I just passed out 3 resumes 2 days ago, I get a call back for the place I have really wanted to work right after handing it in, my first job interview was yesterday, and I got a call back saying they would like me to be a part of their team. He said that since I haven't worked in Newfoundland or Canada before that he could get funding from the province to help train me since I have no food experience yet. He said it won't come out of my paycheque just he has to report it on my pay stubs or something of the sort and can get funding. I meet with them tomorrow to give them my SIN number. He said the bad news is, is that it takes 7-10 days for the application to pull through but I said that is fine. (Just leaves me one last break to myself, lol) and that I can't work less than 25-30 hours but that is what I was looking for anyway.

At the end of the conversation, I told him "thank you" and he said "no, thank you and we can't wait for you to be a part of our team".
They all seem so nice there. The woman that interviewed me yesterday was funny and laid back, the other guy working instantly complimented me on my shirt, and the boss/owner is nice. I hope I can pull this off well.

I just wanted to post here so that it gives you all hope that you can do this and that it is all worth it to be with your family here. Never give up on that. I am so happy that things are falling into place for hubby and I. I couldn't be more ecstatic for our new future. And just to think that around this time last year our application was just starting to process, now here I am PR and soon to be new worker. Come on guys, there is a light at the end of this and it is worth it. Stay strong! ;D

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
LY, can we get a chart update with all this good news coming?

I smell a good jump this week!

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
tozo said:
GLORY BE TO GOD

Hi guys,this is the news i have been waiting for the first stage approval(AIP) and just check my Ecas and its change to......

We received the requested information on June 16, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

;D ;D ;D :D :D :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D

10 months 16days

Congrats!!!

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC this morning and the agent told me my landing office would be Scarborough. She also said I should hear from the office within "3 months" about the completion of PR. 3 MONTHS??? Does is really take that long? Can I call the office myself and ask them to expedite my case? I have a job offer on hand which I don't want to turn it down AGAIN !!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
tozo said:
GLORY BE TO GOD

;D ;D ;D :D :D :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D

10 months 16days
Congrats!!!!! It's a good news for my morning coffee...... ;D so happy for you

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
pptk703 said:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 29, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 14, 2010.

We sent you a letter on September 16, 2011 to xxxxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider d

This is an awesome news... congratulations PPTK...